2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Grande

I was just provoking, I know he has flaws in his game and agree if next season he stays the same or even worse maybe for him and the club would be better to find a solution without dramas.

It’s just some of the things I sometimes read are mind boggling to say the least.
Yeah, I got that :) I was just having a laugh about this line:

‘God, inject the internet football gurus in my veins, I am too dumb to reach their level.’

A beautifully horrible image of Frankensteinian proportions.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Played the full game in a meaningless friendly yesterday, good God.
This is an actual problem. Is he so scared to lose his spot he has to try and play as much as possible? If you're injured rest for fecks sake instead of playing in a meaningless game. It's not a positive when your defenders keep having to say you're being overplayed as to why you're playing crap most of the time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is an actual problem. Is he so scared to lose his spot he has to try and play as much as possible? If you're injured rest for fecks sake instead of playing in a meaningless game. It's not a positive when your defenders keep having to say you're being overplayed as to why you're playing crap most of the time.
Doesn't make any sense. Why will he rest just because few people on internet argue some points.

Might be shocking but there are players who just love playing football. Nothing to do with being scared to lose his place. This place becomes so weird at times.

romufc

Yep, Desert Eagle knows more than managers. Ole, Ten Hag, Rangnick, Martinez all know less than this chap.

Why are they playing him, he is a terrible footballer right?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Doesn't make any sense. Why will he rest just because few people on internet argue some points.

Might be shocking but there are players who just love playing football. Nothing to do with being scared to lose his place. This place becomes so weird at times.
He shouldn't rest because of internet criticism but because he was injured! If you think he's so important to our team why wouldn't you want him to rest on international break and not risk the injury getting worse?

You think he loves playing football more than anyone else and that's why he doesn't want to come off. I doubt it. I remember one match where he was getting sodomized where he was dying to come off.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yep, Desert Eagle knows more than managers. Ole, Ten Hag, Rangnick, Martinez all know less than this chap.

Why are they playing him, he is a terrible footballer right?
I wouldn't say terrible but definitely not great. Shouldn't be close to a united captain or automatic starter though. I'm sure you agreed with everything those mangers you named did though otherwise your point would be pretty stupid.

romufc

I wouldn't say terrible but definitely not great. Shouldn't be close to a united captain or automatic starter though. I'm sure you agreed with everything those mangers you named did though otherwise your point would be pretty stupid.
What do you want in a captain? Do you know what it entails to be a captain? off the field stuff? Have you seen how Bruno is with his team mates and the youngsters? The way he speaks.. I get you don't like him but to say shouldn't be close is a bit over the top, when he is one of our better leaders.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea on the pitch but off the pitch, can you tell me why he isnt anywhere near a captain?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I remember one match where he was getting sodomized where he was dying to come off.
The keywords here being "one match". No one is completely flawless.

Bruno is a top professional with a top attitude. He is also a good footballer. End of story.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
What do you want in a captain? Do you know what it entails to be a captain? off the field stuff? Have you seen how Bruno is with his team mates and the youngsters? The way he speaks.. I get you don't like him but to say shouldn't be close is a bit over the top, when he is one of our better leaders.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea on the pitch but off the pitch, can you tell me why he isnt anywhere near a captain?
If the point of a captain is off the field stuff then might as well keep Maguire as captain. I'm sure his teammates and the youngsters liked him too.

Bruno is great at PR I'll give him that. Even praising Pep and Klopp. Just what past united captains would have done.

The reason he shouldn't be captain though is because on the pitch he is not a leader. He doesn't command automatic respect, he doesn't intimidate the opponents or refs, he dives, he cheats, he doesn't get calls he should because of crying wolf, he isn't calm and composed when his teams needs it, he doesn't step up in crucial situations when his team needs it. I'm sure there is more but that should suffice.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The keywords here being "one match". No one is completely flawless.

Bruno is a top professional with a top attitude. He is also a good footballer. End of story.
I'll give you top professional and good footballer. I'm definitely not giving you top attitude though. If Bruno's combination of petulance and cowardice is a top attitude then what the feck is someone like Keane, Puyol, Vidic etc etc. Stop only comparing Bruno to the other players in the worst United team of the PL era and actually compare him to the top players which is where we want to be competing.

Darkhorsez

If the point of a captain is off the field stuff then might as well keep Maguire as captain. I'm sure his teammates and the youngsters liked him too.

Bruno is great at PR I'll give him that. Even praising Pep and Klopp. Just what past united captains would have done.

The reason he shouldn't be captain though is because on the pitch he is not a leader. He doesn't command automatic respect, he doesn't intimidate the opponents or refs, he dives, he cheats, he doesn't get calls he should because of crying wolf, he isn't calm and composed when his teams needs it, he doesn't step up in crucial situations when his team needs it. I'm sure there is more but that should suffice.
I would not argue much with your comments - think they are a bit harsh. He is a great footballer though and he was not the one to make himself the captain. I think his captaincy is more indicative of other available options.

romufc

Well, firstly, the reason he is captain is because the manager thinks he starts most games.

He isnt a leader on the pitch? I think his peers and fellow team mates will say otherwise but ofcourse you know more.

Oh yeah, ofcourse Bruno is not calm and composed, yet numerous times in big moments when we have penalties, he is calm.

He doesnt step up, he played 30 mins tired and had a niggle extra time as a CB because the team needed it, but ofcourse he would never step up for the team?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah I was bummed we didn't take him off
Was a pounding no one was ready for.

Well, firstly, the reason he is captain is because the manager thinks he starts most games.

He isnt a leader on the pitch? I think his peers and fellow team mates will say otherwise but ofcourse you know more.

Oh yeah, ofcourse Bruno is not calm and composed, yet numerous times in big moments when we have penalties, he is calm.

He doesnt step up, he played 30 mins tired and had a niggle extra time as a CB because the team needed it, but ofcourse he would never step up for the team?
We're not going to agree. You think Bruno is calm and composed; I do not.

Was he the only one tired and played out of position that game?

Pretty sure most Bruno defenders have claimed that captaincy has been detrimental to his play. Are you in that camp? If so isn't that another reason he shouldn't be captain?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was a pounding no one was ready for.

We're not going to agree. You think Bruno is calm and composed; I do not.

Was he the only one tired and played out of position that game?

Pretty sure most Bruno defenders have claimed that captaincy has been detrimental to his play. Are you in that camp? If so isn't that another reason he shouldn't be captain?
The reason he is captain is because there’s no other better option. Unless you can name one? So seems pointless to get hung up on how good a captain he is, seeing as he’s the best we’ve got.

Robbie Boy

Bruno Fernandes is criminally underrated just because he's not physically attractive. Just as Ronaldo's bloopers get swept under the rug because he's attractive, Bruno's bloopers get amplified and exaggerated. 100% serious.
:lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He shouldn't rest because of internet criticism but because he was injured! If you think he's so important to our team why wouldn't you want him to rest on international break and not risk the injury getting worse?

You think he loves playing football more than anyone else and that's why he doesn't want to come off. I doubt it. I remember one match where he was getting sodomized where he was dying to come off.
Jesus that second paragraph is an awful post.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This is a thing of the past. Which modern captain intimidates you from other clubs? Odegaard, Son, De Bruyne?
Think walker is city's captain and he intimidates rashford even if he doesn't united fans. Vvd gets plenty of respect from refs and opponents. It might be dying out but it's still a good quality to have.

roonster09

Scout

If he was injured he wouldn't have played.

I didn't say anything about not wanting to come off, it was about playing. There are players who love to play, especially for their national teams. Somehow turning that against player saying he is scared that he might lose his place is a new low

Oldyella

Feel free to believe that Bruno Fernandes plays as much as possible out of an innocent love for the game and not for any selfish reasons at all.
All players should want to play every game. And he's fit enough to do it. It's the managers responsibility to reign him in and rest him, not the players.

Selfish reasons :rolleyes:

roonster09

Scout
Feel free to believe that Bruno Fernandes plays as much as possible out of an innocent love for the game and not for any selfish reasons at all.
Wtf are you on, now footballers playing football is selfish :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Honestly, you’ve lost me. There’s a difference between “selfish reasons” and someone who wants to play as much football as possible? If anything, footballers who never cry off with niggles or because they want a rest are the least selfish players around. Because they’re putting the needs of the team ahead of their own health.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If he was injured he wouldn't have played.

I didn't say anything about not wanting to come off, it was about playing. There are players who love to play, especially for their national teams. Somehow turning that against player saying he is scared that he might lose his place is a new low
Aren't you the same guy who said rashford played through injury for us? Which is it then? Can you play while hurt or not?

Of course there are players who love the game, Bruno might even be one of them.Implying saying a player is scared to lose his place is some terribly negative thing is delusional. These are professionals. This is how they earn a living, of course they should worry about starting, getting minutes, not being replaced.

Saffron

Finally an intelligent post!

I appreciate someone finally gets it. It's just like that Human Resources meme where the lady (Caf in this instance) calls HR when an unattractive person steps in.

Bruno has easily been our best player over the last few years and continues to be top tier. There's definitely no one clearly above him.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Wouldn't the selfish act be to not play when you've got a niggle?
Nah mate - I wish we had more players like Cavani, who would regularly declare themselves unfit on the eve of United's most important matches despite passing the club's medical tests, the unselfish warrior.

roonster09

Scout
Aren't you the same guy who said rashford played through injury for us? Which is it then? Can you play while hurt or not?

Of course there are players who love the game, Bruno might even be one of them.Implying saying a player is scared to lose his place is some terribly negative thing is delusional. These are professionals. This is how they earn a living, of course they should worry about starting, getting minutes, not being replaced.
I don't know what I said. I mean with context it's not difficult to understand. Players play with minor injuries all the time. If Bruno wasn't fit enough, he wouldn't have played. If players should be 100% healthy to play games then they won't play even 50-60% of the games.

Players don't lose their place because of some meaningless friendly game. There are players who loves to play for their national team, especially the ones who started late and only became regular players later in their career.

Somehow making that into "player is scared" is just nonsense, usually you expect these things on Twitter by meme accounts.

roonster09

Scout
B Silva, Ruben Dias, Leao also played. Maybe they are cowards too :lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Honestly, you’ve lost me. There’s a difference between “selfish reasons” and someone who wants to play as much football as possible? If anything, footballers who never cry off with niggles or because they want a rest are the least selfish players around. Because they’re putting the needs of the team ahead of their own health.
If Bruno thinks he at 50%, on one leg is a better winger or center back than player x then he is not recognizing that the team is more important, that another player could be more effective and I consider that selfish. An unselfish player puts the team first like Neville did when he retired after getting cooked. It's on the manager to recognize that and be brave enough to make changes though. Unfortunately Bruno and rashford our pr duo make it very tricky for managers with their mates in the press.

All players should want to play every game. And he's fit enough to do it. It's the managers responsibility to reign him in and rest him, not the players.

Selfish reasons :rolleyes:
I agree it's more on the manager's than him. Eth should be fuming he played the full match in a friendly just like Fergie would if the situation was presented to him with one of his key players.

Wouldn't the selfish act be to not play when you've got a niggle?
Not if your main quality is availability.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
B Silva, Ruben Dias, Leao also played. Maybe they are cowards too :lol:
Did any of them play "injured" for 30 plus minutes in an extra time cup game a few days earlier? I'm glad you can bring back the laughing emoji and one liners though. Coming from the guy who kept saying Bruno and rashford were/are world class I'll take it as a compliment.

roonster09

Scout
Did any of them play "injured" for 30 plus minutes in an extra time cup game a few days earlier? I'm glad you can bring back the laughing emoji and one liners though. Coming from the guy who kept saying Bruno and rashford were/are world class I'll take it as a compliment.
I usually don't call players world class as it's a meaningless word. I'm glad that you are back to posting nonsense as usual.

How does that matter if they played "injured", they are in hunt for all possible trophies and still didn't rest for meaningless game, what a cowards.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Considering all the stick he gets. He’s our most important player by far and most reliable. Always willing to put in a shift no matter where he’s played he doesn’t moan. Just gets on with it and wants to help the team as much as he can. Top professional.