2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

kkengvib

most people wince when i tell them Bruno is my favorite player in the current squad...

for all his flaws, i fecking love the man... gives 100% every game... plays with his heart on his sleeve... that's all a fan can ask for
he does back it up with ability as well... i can overlook the whining... i think his passion makes him the player he is... it comes with the package

you wouldn't ask Rooney to take aggression out of his playstyle even if it could be detrimental to the team at times... i wouldn't ask Bruno to calm down and keep his emotions to himself... it's just part of his game

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Let’s not forget that Bruno accumulated his G+A over four and a half seasons. Pogba racked his up over 5.

So despite playing half a season less he accumulated 11 more open play goals and 2 more assists than Pogba. Consistently playing behind a strike force that is so far inferior to the likes of Lukaku, Ibra and Cavani it’s ridiculous.

The Bruno critics are obsessed with per minute stats because the fact he plays basically every minute of every game will always dilute his productivity more than any other player. And his ability to play those minutes is actually one of his greatest attributes. Especially compared to a weak as piss doper like Pogba.
The fact he must be carrying knocks sometimes and still wants to play and nobody can ever say he doesn't put effort in or doesn't care. He probably cares too much since being made captain which is why at times he tries to force issues and gives the ball away. If we had a fully functioning defence it likely wouldn't cause too many issues. Put Mainoo and a strong ball winner/passer in there with him and let him flourish.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No, I want to credit him for creating more big chances than all but 3 players in the league during a poor season, but apparently it's his fault that Rashford can't hit a barn door most weeks. I want to credit him for improving his general performance against big teams, but apparently it's his fault that we make so many individual errors among whatever makeshift backline we cobble together every week. I want to credit him for hitting good form and playing well recently, but apparently that's irrelevant because he shat in your cornflakes this morning.
But a big chance created is any pass that leads to a player taking a shot.

Dan_F

Those stats are goals and assists combined in the league over their careers at United…minus penalties for both.
Just clocked someone already gave you a detailed reply. Also might be worth adding cups games in. Bruno has two and half times the amount of goals and assists Pogba did in four less games.

Even if you want to try and give them equal G+A per minutes played stats. Give me the guy who played more games in less than 4.5 years than Pogba managed in 6.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This thread is so unbelievably tiresome. Earlier on in the season when Bruno was creating but not scoring, while Rashford et al couldn’t finish their breakfast, we had the usual suspects sneering at the very concept of big chances created. Now he’s finally seeing chances converted and racking up a few goals himself the spin is about him being a flat track bully. Conveniently ignoring the fact that every team and every player tends to score the vast majority of their goals against the weaker teams in the league. In what world is that even a coherent point to make?

One thing’s for damn sure, add a legitimate top class striker or two to our squad and his productivity this season would have gone up massively. And it’s already better than basically every other player in his position in the league. And this guy is a problem? Some truly catastrophically bad takes in this thread, from start to finish.
“Not to mention the usual caveat that players who rack up the most minutes will tend to top a lot of those stats and he probably played more minutes than all the other midfielders he’s being compared with

They came in bunches, though. That's his season in a nutshell. A run of matches where he would score or assist in every game, followed by several weeks of utter hopelessness. Hence people feel he didn't have a good season, despite being relatively productive.”

Quoting YOUR words in response to YOUR OWN post.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's been massive for us recently.

I literally don't think we'd have a single point over the last two months without him.

DomesticTadpole

“Not to mention the usual caveat that players who rack up the most minutes will tend to top a lot of those stats and he probably played more minutes than all the other midfielders he’s being compared with

They came in bunches, though. That's his season in a nutshell. A run of matches where he would score or assist in every game, followed by several weeks of utter hopelessness. Hence people feel he didn't have a good season, despite being relatively productive.”

Quoting YOUR words in response to YOUR OWN post.
So who do you want in there then, you obviously have someone in mind.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Back on form. And ran his socks off. Good performance. But he needs to do that against top sides.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
You have to be a seriously good spin doctor if you're going to convince a reasonable person that it's worthwhile to compare Bruno to Pogba :lol:

I'm sure that Pogba isn't that far behind if you only compare G/A per 90 and remove penalties (and possibly cups), but that's irrelevant when he became seriously injury prone at the relatively young age of 26. Pogba was seriously clumsy too. He conceded multiple penalties in spectacular fashion, costing us several points. Meanwhile, Bruno gets 3 pages worth of slander in here if he creates a regular freekick 20 yards out.

Last edited:

flappyjay

This thread is so unbelievably tiresome. Earlier on in the season when Bruno was creating but not scoring, while Rashford et al couldn’t finish their breakfast, we had the usual suspects sneering at the very concept of big chances created. Now he’s finally seeing chances converted and racking up a few goals himself the spin is about him being a flat track bully. Conveniently ignoring the fact that every team and every player tends to score the vast majority of their goals against the weaker teams in the league. In what world is that even a coherent point to make?

One thing’s for damn sure, add a legitimate top class striker or two to our squad and his productivity this season would have gone up massively. And it’s already better than basically every other player in his position in the league. And this guy is a problem? Some truly catastrophically bad takes in this thread, from start to finish.
If more of our players were flat track bullies we would be in a much better position.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You have to be a seriously good spin doctor if you're going to convince a reasonable person that it's worthwhile to compare Bruno to Pogba :lol:

I'm sure that Pogba isn't that far behind if you only compare G/A per 90 and remove penalties (and possibly cups), but that's irrelevant when he became seriously injury prone at the relatively young age of 26. Pogba was seriously clumsy too. He conceded multiple penalties in spectacular fashion, costing us several points. Meanwhile, Bruno gets 3 pages worth of slander in here if he creates a regular freekick 20 yards out.
Or dummies a pass.

And the whole Pogba comparison becomes even more redundant when you compare the strike force they were playing behind. Can you imagine Bruno’s stats if he was slipping passes through for Cavani, Ibra and Lukaku (plus young Rashford, young Martial and Greenwood) instead of the likes of sulky Rashford, broken Martial, Ronaldo, Antony and Wout fecking Weghorst for most of his United career?

Obviously trying not to have a go at Garnacho and Hojlund here but fair to say they’re both not yet as clinical in front of goal as Martial, Rashford and Greenwood were when Pogba was here.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Let’s not forget that Bruno accumulated his G+A over four and a half seasons. Pogba racked his up over six.

So despite playing one and a half less seasons, he accumulated 11 more open play goals and 2 more assists than Pogba. Consistently playing behind a strike force that is so far inferior to the likes of Lukaku, Ibra and Cavani it’s ridiculous.

The Bruno critics are obsessed with per minute stats because the fact he plays basically every minute of every game will always dilute his productivity more than any other player. And his ability to play those minutes is actually one of his greatest attributes. Especially compared to a weak as piss doper like Pogba.
Yeah, i think people don't understand how important it is to have fit players. Even more surprising considering how many injury prone players we had over the years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's been massive for us recently.

I literally don't think we'd have a single point over the last two months without him.
Yeah, he is back to form and also his shooting is back to what it was when he joined.

Also he is bit more careful with ball which is good to see.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah, i think people don't understand how important it is to have fit players. Even more surprising considering how many injury prone players we had over the years.
Don’t get me started on the madness of replacing the only player that runs Bruno close for resilience with someone who’s been constantly injured all season. Mount may well be a better footballer than Fred but that’s kind of irrelevant when he can’t actually play for the team.

Lyng

Don’t get me started on the madness of replacing the only player that runs Bruno close for resilience with someone who’s been constantly injured all season. Mount may well be a better footballer than Fred but that’s kind of irrelevant when he can’t actually play for the team.
I was all for getting rid of Fred and McTominay....Until I realised we kept the former and actually changed to a playstyle where Fred would probably be our best midfielder sans Bruno.
Absolute madness.

Dan_F

Back on form. And ran his socks off. Good performance. But he needs to do that against top sides.
He tries. The team is completely dysfunctional for the most part. It makes sense that he’s less accurate when under even more pressure to release the ball quicker etc.

I often think about what individual players would look like if they swapped between City and United.

Djemba-Djemba

It's just fecking madness.

From us being 2-1 down Bruno scores 2, including an absolute belter, and then makes a great assist for another goal and you get people in here either going yeah hmmm yeah but he doesn't do it every single game does he or even more stupidly saying hmm yeah but apart from the 2 goals and assist what else did he do?

Trying to argue Pogba was better for Utd than Bruno :lol:

It's weird the way some Utd fans seem to really dislike Bruno. He's an insanely creative and talented player stuck in a fecking dreadful side.

DomesticTadpole

From us being 2-1 down Bruno scores 2, including an absolute belter, and then makes a great assist for another goal and you get people in here either going yeah hmmm yeah but he doesn't do it every single game does he or even more stupidly saying hmm yeah but apart from the 2 goals and assist what else did he do?

It's weird the way some Utd fans seem to really dislike Bruno. He's an insanely creative and talented player stuck in a fecking dreadful side.
You mean the Pogba who is now banned?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
My advice is to treat this thread as a portal to an alternate dimension where nothing makes sense. Otherwise you'll slowly but surely lose your mind. The ignore-button, which I'm generally not a fan of, can also mitigate the worst effects.

Zed is not dead

I read that Bruno now has 26 G+A this season, ahead of the likes of Odegaard and Maddison.

A bit mad when you think that this is Bruno having a « meh » season in a pretty dysfunctional team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s done my head in this season but he’s absolutely carried us the last 2 months

Eddy_JukeZ

Credit to him, he's been much better lately.

I'll retract my opinion of wanting to sell him in the summer. I thought he was cooked for a while there.

youngrell

I think some his detractors raise some valid points when discussing his performances and shortcomings, but I believe most of those who really dislike him just can't get past the 7-0 game.

DavelinaJolie

The fact he must be carrying knocks sometimes and still wants to play and nobody can ever say he doesn't put effort in or doesn't care. He probably cares too much since being made captain which is why at times he tries to force issues and gives the ball away. If we had a fully functioning defence it likely wouldn't cause too many issues. Put Mainoo and a strong ball winner/passer in there with him and let him flourish.
Agreed about his attitude. Yes he can be petulant, but for the bad games he has had I've never doubted that he's trying and that he cares. Absolute trooper.

DomesticTadpole

Agreed about his attitude. Yes he can be petulant, but for the bad games he has had I've never doubted that he's trying and that he cares. Absolute trooper.
You would think Manchester United have never had players who threw a strop in the past or argued with referees or threw their arms about or fought with each other. Difference is they were in a great team while Bruno is desperately trying to carry this one.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's playing really well for couple of games lately, and it's nice to see that he has it in him and that with better manager he can only improve, but it's quite funny that people are getting excited after the game against worst opponent in the league, despite many nit even coming into this thread for months before.

Anyway, top game yesterday, I am glad he is back to scoring goals. :drool:

El Jefe

He's also scored against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, and Bayern Munich this season. Not bad for a player who's crap in big games.

I wonder, if he only scores in those matches, do we call him a big game player?
Are you just making up goals now? Bruno hasn’t scored against City, Bayern or Arsenal this season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Just to counter the "oh he's good now, but he's been shit all season " narrative. When we lost 3 nil against Bournemouth in December, it was a low ebb in a terrible season and Bruno got absolute dog's abuse for his performance in that match.

Some stats:

vs Bournemouth
Touches 102
Shots 1
Shots on Target 0
Tackles Attempted 3
Tackles Won 3
Interceptions 0
Recoveries 11
Passes 93
Pass Completion % 82
Shot Creating Actions (FBRef don't do "chances created) 10

vs SU
Touches 102
Shots 4
Shots on Target 2
Tackles Attempted 2
Tackles Won 0
Interceptions 0
Recoveries 2
Passes 90
Pass Completion % 77
Shot Creating Actions 10

So literally the only objective metric of him playing any better last night than he did in a game where he was getting absolutely slaughtered afterwards is the fact he took 3 more shots, got two of them on target and two of them went in (one of which was a penalty). According to all the other metric he was at least as good (usually better) against Bournemouth. And we have the same people who claimed he was absolutely diabolical in that match grudgingly accepting he was "great" last night.

It seems to be that the agenda against him is so deeply held by a proportion of our fans that the actual performances are almost irrelevant. If he manages to score a worldie, or one of the useless eejits ahead of him shins a ball into the goal then, and only then, is all the other good stuff he does appreciated. But if that doesn't happen or, god forbid, we loose a winnable game then it's open season on Bruno again. Rinse and repeat.

DomesticTadpole

This is his goalscoring stats for this season, think people are adding in assist to the goals.https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-fernandes/leistungsdaten/spieler/240306

erikcred

We are increasingly becoming a one-man team this season. The fact that whenever we lost a match, the Bruno haters always jumped out to make accussation that our midfield is crap because of him and only him and we need to sell him to bring balance to the force. I don't know whether it is because Bruno face looks like Luis Suarez, arguably the most hated player in EPL, that make even our own fans hate him. Bruno is a nice person, there is a mountain and valley of difference between the 02 characters.

The difference between a strong team versus a mediocre team is when a certain creative player is not performing, somebody else will be creative and show up to lift up the team. KDB was crap in the Chelsea game but they still win because the rest carry his weight. When Bruno is crap, Ganarcho may show up and that's pretty much it, we don't have another player with such influence even after Ten Hag spent half a billion, but people should not expect Bruno to play great in every match, nobody can, not KDB not Bellingham.
Wtf?:lol:

El Jefe

He later clarified it's scored or assisted.
I missed that apologies @didz . But even then what does that prove?

Rashford has goals against City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal this season and he was wank in pretty much all of those games.

Bruno was dreadful in a few of his too though he has been a lot better than Rashford.

I feel people are being swayed too much by his performance in the last month. He’s stepped up his performances and is playing at the level we know he’s capable of but doing it when the season is pretty much dead.