View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Plays the most, runs the most, scores the most, assists the most, creates the most.

Redcafe: This guy is definitely the problem.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Great player who has largely wasted his prime years here sadly. We should have made a bigger effort to surround him with better players.
Unfortunately, I agree. He deserves to have won more than he has and he won't do that here.

Fallon d'Floor

Great player who has largely wasted his prime years here sadly. We should have made a bigger effort to surround him with better players.
The club did. We just happen to be a graveyard for 90% of footballers.

Both Varane and Sancho were good business. It's actually crazy how badly both turned out overall. It's been happening for a decade.

You could make a very good XI out of players who flopped at United.

Djemba-Djemba

You want to go there….?

Bruno

G/A 69 mins 13169 (17) G/A 195 mins

Pogba

G/A 62 mins 12334 (7) G/A 198 mins

Pogba from a deeper position on the pitch with a 10% better pass accuracy and more trophies, better team performances etc.
I mean I think Bruno has been ten times the player for Utd than Pogba was.

I know you won't agree because you think Pogba is the greatest man who ever lived but there we go.

Wilt

He seems to have calmed down with the winging and poor body language and has become a better player for it.

Easily Utd’s best player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I mean I think Bruno has been ten times the player for Utd than Pogba was.

I know you won't agree because you think Pogba is the greatest man who ever lived but there we go.
But that’s the issue encapsulated in a nutshell isn’t it.

‘you think Pogba is the greatest man who ever lived’

The general view of anyone who thought Pogba was a good player for us, not great, but consistently over a season one of the better players (until his last season)….Ridicule that poster! Three years on and still people who claimed to not have bias when he was here, can’t move on.

Stats back it up. Performance threads back up how often, and more often, he played well. But the narrative around him is so ridiculously negative and people can’t separate themselves or performances from it. I’d say on the flip side performance threads back up my opinion of Bruno also, how regularly he’s poor. A scratch beyond the surface of his stats also and a look at big games…. and the media narrative around him is actually as inaccurate as the narrative around Pogba. Neither have been great.

Only ten times the player, you say….let’s make a thread about you.

FootballAI

We are increasingly becoming a one-man team this season. The fact that whenever we lost a match, the Bruno haters always jumped out to make accussation that our midfield is crap because of him and only him and we need to sell him to bring balance to the force. I don't know whether it is because Bruno face looks like Luis Suarez, arguably the most hated player in EPL, that make even our own fans hate him. Bruno is a nice person, there is a mountain and valley of difference between the 02 characters.

The difference between a strong team versus a mediocre team is when a certain creative player is not performing, somebody else will be creative and show up to lift up the team. KDB was crap in the Chelsea game but they still win because the rest carry his weight. When Bruno is crap, Ganarcho may show up and that's pretty much it, we don't have another player with such influence even after Ten Hag spent half a billion, but people should not expect Bruno to play great in every match, nobody can, not KDB not Bellingham.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
15 goals and 11 assists this season.
Directly responsible for 32% of our goals this season (80). The same percentage as Bellingham for Madrid and higher then Salah, Odegaard, Foden and Haaland for their respective clubs. And yet somehow he is being slated on this forum after every misplaced pass. The reality is that we have been a complete shitshow for over a decade and he is literally the only player that preforms on an even remotely consistent basis.
Exactly. If we had just one or two more players who performed consistently at his level we would not only be a much better team, but Bruno would look so much better as well. Any player would struggle to look good in this absoloute shitshow so the fact that hes managed to rack up these numbers speaks volumes

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Mate, I know what you are trying to bring across … Does that mean, we have to get rid of Bruno? Not necessarily, we might as well try to incorporate him. Some think, he is suited for the football that would be played then. Some think, he wouldn't suit it. Nobody really knows, but many people confuse their opinion on that question for facts.
Haha. Somethink in the way he moves…
Hats off to Bruno. Great guy - captain of the team. Deserves all the praise and support he gets - from club supporters - and even from the Caf, sometimes.

didz

I don't rate Bruno highly. He was having a poor season until April. 7 of his 15 goals this season have come in April.

However, he's been good to very good over the last few games.

He definitely pads his stats through penalties and punishing weaker opposition though.

Sheff' Utd - 2 goals & 2 assists
Forest - 1 goal & 2 assists
Everton - 1 goal & 1 assist
Coventry - 1 goal & 1 assist
Copenhagen - 1 goal
Burnley - 1 goal
Wigan - 1 goal
Newport - 1 goal
He's also scored against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, and Bayern Munich this season. Not bad for a player who's crap in big games.

I wonder, if he only scores in those matches, do we call him a big game player?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't rate Bruno highly. He was having a poor season until April. 7 of his 15 goals this season have come in April.

However, he's been good to very good over the last few games.

He definitely pads his stats through penalties and punishing weaker opposition though.

Copenhagen - 1 goal
Burnley - 1 goal
Wigan - 1 goal
Newport - 1 goal
What a weird post. Why are you deliberately ignoring the most recent two games before last night? The ones where he scored against Liverpool and Chelsea?

Dan_F

You want to go there….?

Bruno

Pogba

Pogba from a deeper position on the pitch with a 10% better pass accuracy and more trophies, better team performances etc.
What are those stats for? Are you looking at an individual season or total United career because at a quick glance you’re definitely cherry picking something.

Copenhagen - 1 goal
Burnley - 1 goal
Wigan - 1 goal
Newport - 1 goal
There isn’t a player on the planet who doesn’t pad their stats against weaker opposition. You think Messi and Ronaldo scored the majority of their goals against top sides? :lol:

You think van Nistelrooy scored the majority of his goals against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea?

I’m sure you thought you were making a good point here, but you’ve just ended up looking a bit daft.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
World Class footballer. Needed to be surrounded by well coached players in a functioning system. Or perhaps truly world class players in a chaotic system like Madrid.

He got neither. But he’s been fit every week and clearly gives a feck.

He kind of cops the flak for how bad we are as a team. Much like Pogba did. Bit of a shame.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

What a terrible captain. All that moaning and bellyaching and trying to get young forwards making their debuts on the scoresheet. Clearly the problem. Needs to go.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Haven’t you made the same post like 3-4 times in the past few weeks? :lol:
No? How would that be possible if I don’t think he’s had great games before last night?

How many GREAT games do you think he’s had in the past few weeks?

How many times have I responded to someone saying he’s been player of the season?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What are those stats for? Are you looking at an individual season or total United career because at a quick glance you’re definitely cherry picking something.
Those stats are goals and assists combined in the league over their careers at United…minus penalties for both.

Marwood

Top stuff from him.

Now can we just have him playing as a CM(which he's very capable of) instead of a 10.

So we can compete woththese teams who pack the midfield.

Or at least try it.

SER19

There isn’t a player on the planet who doesn’t pad their stats against weaker opposition. You think Messi and Ronaldo scored the majority of their goals against top sides? :lol:

You think van Nistelrooy scored the majority of his goals against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea?

I’m sure you thought you were making a good point here, but you’ve just ended up looking a bit daft.
Don't you know, we've to retrospectively discount van nistelrooys hat trick versus fulham, all his goals against Charlton, wigan etc. Haaland won't like it when he hears how it works. Lampards penalties at Chelsea are gone. Gerrards old Trafford penalties - gone.

This is the thing with the fernandes critics, they won't ever take the entire picture. They'll either look at stats and say but yes how many were penalties, or who did he score against? Ignoring the big goals he's scored. Or they'll say look at the way he complains and throws his arms, and ignore that he has dragged us back into games and you can visibly see the appreciation his teammates have. Hojlund again last night. Wheatley post match. They'll never just see a high scoring high assisting high chance creating, high work rate, good leader that has been remarkably consistent and uninjured.

They've locked in now and there's no point trying to change them. Im imagining de Bruyne scoring 2 and assisting another like that last night including a left footed wonder goal. The forum would be in 'cannae take the strain' mode

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's also scored against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, and Bayern Munich this season. Not bad for a player who's crap in big games.

I wonder, if he only scores in those matches, do we call him a big game player?
Premier league

forrest (pen)
Burnley
Fulham
Everton (pen)
Chelsea
Liverpool
Bournemouth x2 (1 pen)
Sheffield United x2 (1 pen)

Champions League

Copenhagen (pen)
Galatasary

FA Cup

Wigan (pen)
Newport
Coventry

Eh? He’s scored 7 goals against teams in relegation battles. 1 goal against a top 5 team. How would that make him a big game player based on that.

In addition he’s scored goals in the CL v the lesser clubs and in the FA Cup against Wigan, Newport and Coventry.

In what world has he scored against ARSENAL, MAN CITY, BAYERN this season?

zurnalist

Probably we all agree that he has had his worst season in United shirt and he has 15 goals and 11 assists. So even at his worst, he is one of our key players. He will be good in a functional side and he is not the problem. We need to look elsewhere if we want to fix the team.

alexanderplatz

The question has always been who do you prioritise. I never felt we could have Pogba and Bruno in the same team given how they both liked to roam and really it’s the same vs Rashford. Bruno is a better long term option because of his fight. Top players care so we should be looking to build more around him to make up for the fact he will be caught out of position and needs someone to clean up.
That’s what a team is for.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Don't you know, we've to retrospectively discount van nistelrooys hat trick versus fulham, all his goals against Charlton, wigan etc. Haaland won't like it when he hears how it works. Lampards penalties at Chelsea are gone. Gerrards old Trafford penalties - gone.

This is the thing with the fernandes critics, they won't ever take the entire picture. They'll either look at stats and say but yes how many were penalties, or who did he score against? Ignoring the big goals he's scored. Or they'll say look at the way he complains and throws his arms, and ignore that he has dragged us back into games and you can visibly see the appreciation his teammates have. Hojlund again last night. Wheatley post match. They'll never just see a high scoring high assisting high chance creating, high work rate, good leader that has been remarkably consistent and uninjured.

They've locked in now and there's no point trying to change them. Im imagining de Bruyne scoring 2 and assisting another like that last night including a left footed wonder goal. The forum would be in 'cannae take the strain' mode
As a critic I’d totally disagree and say the opposite is true. I’m looking at the entire picture. Not just the stats. I’m looking mainly at performances, consistency of performances and volume of good performances. With regards to stats…scratching beneath the surface…for example 10 league goals on the surface is a good return. But 7 have come in the last 6 games…3 in 27 before that.

Those 6 games have yielded 9 points and four games have been against bottom half teams. That’s a poor return. If he’d scored 5 winning goals, like a Ruud or a Cantona do you think that is the same?

What I would say in my view is that had Bruno actually played like he has this last month, consistently, there would be few critics. You just seem to want to gloss over the entire picture with words like remarkably consistent, big goals (I’d say two this season would be big goals) and stats with names of much better players thrown in to imply there’s an association to KDB.

didz

Premier league

forrest (pen)
Burnley
Fulham
Everton (pen)
Chelsea
Liverpool
Bournemouth x2 (1 pen)
Sheffield United x2 (1 pen)

Champions League

Copenhagen (pen)
Galatasary

FA Cup

Wigan (pen)
Newport
Coventry

Eh? He’s scored 7 goals against teams in relegation battles. 1 goal against a top 5 team. How would that make him a big game player based on that.

In addition he’s scored goals in the CL v the lesser clubs and in the FA Cup against Wigan, Newport and Coventry.

In what world has he scored against ARSENAL, MAN CITY, BAYERN this season?
Scored or assisted, my bad.

To your point on relegation battles, golden boy Cole Palmer has scored 10 against teams in relegation battles. In addition, he's scored 3 against lower league opposition, nevermind his glut of penalties. Nobody seems to mind with him, but for Bruno, all of this is a problem, apparently.

As I've said before, why the feck would anybody want to play for Man United when this is how fans react to good form?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This thread is so unbelievably tiresome. Earlier on in the season when Bruno was creating but not scoring, while Rashford et al couldn’t finish their breakfast, we had the usual suspects sneering at the very concept of big chances created. Now he’s finally seeing chances converted and racking up a few goals himself the spin is about him being a flat track bully. Conveniently ignoring the fact that every team and every player tends to score the vast majority of their goals against the weaker teams in the league. In what world is that even a coherent point to make?

One thing’s for damn sure, add a legitimate top class striker or two to our squad and his productivity this season would have gone up massively. And it’s already better than basically every other player in his position in the league. And this guy is a problem? Some truly catastrophically bad takes in this thread, from start to finish.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Scored or assisted, my bad.

To your point on relegation battles, golden boy Cole Palmer has scored 10 against teams in relegation battles. In addition, he's scored 3 against lower league opposition, nevermind his glut of penalties. Nobody seems to mind with him, but for Bruno, all of this is a problem, apparently.

As I've said before, why the feck would anybody want to play for Man United when this is how fans react to good form?
Maybe because context does matter. It’s not comparing apples with apples is it? Cole Palmer this season has performed all season like Bruno has this month. Assists…Bruno has an assist against City….He passed it to Rashford who hit an absolute worldy from 30 yards. Seriously you are wanting credit to Bruno for that? That’s ridiculous.

NZT-One

Unfortunately, I agree. He deserves to have won more than he has and he won't do that here.
I agree. Lets do the humane thing, let him go to give him a chance to add to his personal trophy cabinet. :angel:

Haha. Somethink in the way he moves…
Hats off to Bruno. Great guy - captain of the team. Deserves all the praise and support he gets - from club supporters - and even from the Caf, sometimes.
Some people think... English is not my first language, is "some think" wrong?

What a terrible captain. All that moaning and bellyaching and trying to get young forwards making their debuts on the scoresheet. Clearly the problem. Needs to go.
Finally you got the memo. Welcome to the dark side.

Top stuff from him.

Now can we just have him playing as a CM(which he's very capable of) instead of a 10.

So we can compete woththese teams who pack the midfield.

Or at least try it.
Some coins just don't want to drop...

Just fyi, the "big goal" against Chelsea was one of 3 in 4-3 loss. The "big goal" against Liverpool was in a 2-2. There were no big games out there. And that his team mates appreciate him is good and right, but it doesn't change the fact that the whole team is beating well below its weight.

And yes, some locked in. I guess just as many who locked in on the other side. using a good performance against league-bottom Sheffield United to bring Player of the season into the discussion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You want to go there….?

Bruno

Pogba

As per official site
Bruno has scored 54 goals, 19 penalties, 40 assists. From transfermarkt he has played 13619 mins. This brings his Non Penalty goals + assists to 181 mins.

Pogba has scored 29 goals, 7 penalties, 38 assists, From transfermarkt he has played 12292 mins. This brings his Non Penalty goals + assists to 204 mins.

Apart from that Bruno has created 0.56 big chances per 90 mins, which is close to 2.5x more than Pogba with 0.22

Pogba is easily better in pass completion % and carrying the ball.

Also you said "from deeper position".
Tackles per 90 mins - Bruno wins 1.76 compared to Pogba's 1.5
Blocked shots - 0.83 vs 0.72 in favor of Bruno
Interceptions - 0.87 vs 0.67 in favor of Pogba
Tackles + Interceptions - 2.43 vs 2.37 in favor of Bruno.

So Bruno has better Non penalty goals + assists per 90 mins than Pogba and also better tackles + interceptions than Pogba.
Pogba has better pass percentage and ball carrying stats.
Bruno has better key passes, big chances created.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Have you ever thought there are some people who just have to have the last word and will argue to the end of time to get it.

didz

Maybe because context does matter. It’s not comparing apples with apples is it? Cole Palmer this season has performed all season like Bruno has this month. Assists…Bruno has an assist against City….He passed it to Rashford who hit an absolute worldy from 30 yards. Seriously you are wanting credit to Bruno for that? That’s ridiculous.
No, I want to credit him for creating more big chances than all but 3 players in the league during a poor season, but apparently it's his fault that Rashford can't hit a barn door most weeks. I want to credit him for improving his general performance against big teams, but apparently it's his fault that we make so many individual errors among whatever makeshift backline we cobble together every week. I want to credit him for hitting good form and playing well recently, but apparently that's irrelevant because he shat in your cornflakes this morning.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

That was a tremendous shot with his weaker foot, nonetheless. I was like... "Wow, take a bow!". I am not his biggest fan, but sometimes you have to take a pause and appreciate the little things. Like these moments of brilliance that win us matches during this dismal season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
As per official site
Bruno has scored 54 goals, 19 penalties, 40 assists. From transfermarkt he has played 13619 mins. This brings his Non Penalty goals + assists to 181 mins.

Pogba has scored 29 goals, 7 penalties, 38 assists, From transfermarkt he has played 12292 mins. This brings his Non Penalty goals + assists to 204 mins.

Apart from that Bruno has created 0.56 big chances per 90 mins, which is close to 2.5x more than Pogba with 0.22

Pogba is easily better in pass completion % and carrying the ball.

Also you said "from deeper position".
Tackles per 90 mins - Bruno wins 1.76 compared to Pogba's 1.5
Blocked shots - 0.83 vs 0.72 in favor of Bruno
Interceptions - 0.87 vs 0.67 in favor of Pogba
Tackles + Interceptions - 2.43 vs 2.37 in favor of Bruno.

So Bruno has better Non penalty goals + assists per 90 mins than Pogba and also better tackles + interceptions than Pogba.
Pogba has better pass percentage and ball carrying stats.
Bruno has better key passes, big chances created.
Let’s not forget that Bruno accumulated his G+A over four and a half seasons. Pogba racked his up over six.

So despite playing one and a half less seasons, he accumulated 11 more open play goals and 2 more assists than Pogba. Consistently playing behind a strike force that is so far inferior to the likes of Lukaku, Ibra and Cavani it’s ridiculous.

The Bruno critics are obsessed with per minute stats because the fact he plays basically every minute of every game will always dilute his productivity more than any other player. And his ability to play those minutes is actually one of his greatest attributes. Especially compared to a weak as piss doper like Pogba.

Last edited: