Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

meamth

Who was the last player dominated the Portuguese league and turned into a world class player, in terms of stats?

Anyone got the answer?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
And we don't attract top players anymore?? Watching that clip of him training, the guy is absolutely buzzing to be here. You can see it in his face. Just hope he beds in naturally and doesn't try too hard to please. I don't know what I'll do with myself if he scores today.

Jacob

And we don't attract top players anymore?? Watching that clip of him training, the guy is absolutely buzzing to be here. You can see it in his face. Just hope he beds in naturally and doesn't try too hard to please. I don't know what I'll do with myself if he scores today.
What clip?

-Supreme-

Who was the last player dominated the Portuguese league and turned into a world class player, in terms of stats?

Anyone got the answer?
I think it would be more important to know the last attacking player failed after domainating the Portuguese League in terms of stats

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Is it too much to ask that people don't jump on the poor fecker immediately if he doesn't figure prominently in a 10-0 masterclass for his debut?

Yeah, probably is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is it too much to ask that people don't jump on the poor fecker immediately if he doesn't figure prominently in a 10-0 masterclass for his debut?

Yeah, probably is.
:lol: you can guarantee now somebody will moan that his passing is wasteful because he tries a lot of killer passes, or his passing % is below 90, so that means he's no good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
To me, from what I’ve seen of him, he doesn’t seem like a natural #10 to me. More of a traditional CM. In fact, the comparison to Scholes and Lampard is more apt I think. They weren’t what I’d call natural 10s either. Despite Bruno (in Portugal at least) being a bigger goal threat than say Bernardo Silva, Silva is far and away the more conventional 10 I think. Silva is technique and close control orientated, and a player who is more suited to ‘unlocking the door’. Bruno doesn’t seem as equipped to play in a small game to me, his game is usually a bit longer/bigger. In a similar way to how people say Pogba isn’t really a 10, I think Bruno looks more an 8.5 kind of player. Doesn’t seem to have the individual brilliance to be a top 10. Like Kevin De Bruyne, the 8.5 is best for him. Kevin is a great passer, but over a certain range. Not over the same range that David Silva is a great passer, for instance.

I’m not to keen on us playing a 10 anyway, so I have no qualms with Bruno starting a bit deeper, which I think ultimately suits his game more. He doesn’t look intricate enough to be a top 10, but looks to have the tools to control things a bit more and get goals from distance and late arrival.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Us United supporters have lived through some very high highs and some very low lows but the Bruno signing really has got me excited to be a United supporter again. His interview just confirms the sort of person he really is. Humble, hardworking and most importantly a winning attitude to be the best he can be. Bring it on Bruno.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Will he play today?
Ole said he will

Us United supporters have lived through some very high highs and some very low lows but the Bruno signing really has got me excited to be a United supporter again. His interview just confirms the sort of person he really is. Humble, hardworking and most importantly a winning attitude to be the best he can be. Bring it on Bruno.
Agree 100%. He wasn't his club captain for nothing. Clearly a leader. We could use some more of those.

I’m not to keen on us playing a 10 anyway, so I have no qualms with Bruno starting a bit deeper, which I think ultimately suits his game more. He doesn’t look intricate enough to be a top 10, but looks to have the tools to control things a bit more and get goals from distance and late arrival.
Yes. I really hope we switch to 4-3-3 with Bruno. I don't know how well Bruno can play a #10 but I would also rather see him in 4-3-3 alongside Fred and Pogba, or Fred and McT, when they are back from injuries.

Last edited:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Cheers, can’t miss this one then with all the portuguese players involved. Did he say anything about if he’s going to be a starter or not?
Ole was vague about that but I hope he starts, considering we don't have anybody but Fred worth a shit + healthy, in midfield and Bruno is clearly in form.

We badly need him to hit it off.
Him thrashing Wolves with us would be truly epic and I hope that is exactly what happens. But it is unfair to criticize a player if he doesn't have a great game right out of the gate, so I am gonna go ahead and say this – any fan that attacks Bruno, if he has a slow start, is a plastic fan

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope people will give him enough time . It's not going to be easy and he will struggle initially. His best is not going to come before next season. Let him take the next 6 months to adjust to this league.

Remember his stats with Sporting means nothing. Dost scores 25 + goals in that league.

He should still be better than Lingard and that should be Enough for the next 6 months.

Memento28

This is what he's talking about:
had to remove video as I can't post media yet

I am dead after reading the first comment on this video "United fans still say this is his best performance for the club." :D

RedIan

Ive watched loads of videos of Bruno on YouTube, he looks fecking awesome. just the type of creative passer we need who can pick open a defence. What i really like is his passion, watch him celebrate a goal he has real fire in his belly, certainly not a shrinking violet! .
Our last 2 big signings of attacking midfielders (not inc pogba) Di-Maria and Miki were skilful players but lacked that passion and internal strength and character that is needed to be a cut above in the premier league. This guy looks to have it, i really hope he settles in fast and can help us gain some consistency this season as its not a write off just yet.

Greck

Hope people will give him enough time . It's not going to be easy and he will struggle initially. His best is not going to come before next season. Let him take the next 6 months to adjust to this league.

Remember his stats with Sporting means nothing. Dost scores 25 + goals in that league.

He should still be better than Lingard and that should be Enough for the next 6 months.
if our record is anything to go by it's more likely he'll dominate in his first 3 games and hailed balon dór before reverting to the mean

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Of course he will start. He has been playing, in form, has the energy, stamina, not like he was lying on the beach for weeks. Plus, there is two week off time after this. Plus, I/we don't wont to see THAT guy! You know which one.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That is such a Sporting Benfica Lisbon thing to post. Have a rest mate
So you would be ok if everyone called Manchester United something else then Manchester United? What are you on about.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can we please fix the title of this thread? Sporting is not and has never been “Sporting Lisbon” Lisbon is not even in our name....... can we at least get the name of the club right please?

Sporting Clube De Portugal OR Sporting CP OR just Sporting.

We are not “Sporting Lisbon”.
This just confirms that I have landed in a shit alternate reality where United are shit and Sporting Lisbon have a weird name, how do I get home ?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He scores 30 goals in the last 18 months and Solskjær plays him 10 feet in front of the defenders.

SportingCP96

Supports
:D I see, you're not reading english humour very well. I was taking the piss mate, it's a sign of affection.
I was on my lunch break and just read through it once..my apologies :houllier::p

SportingCP96

Supports
He scores 30 goals in the last 18 months and Solskjær plays him 10 feet in front of the defenders.
Ya this is what I was saying when people said he could play as a #8. It makes zero sense to play a player with this much goal threat that far away from goal. I just cant even fathom the reasoning by Ole. If you pay 60M for someone then play them in there correct position. IMO when he was playing further up the field he showed glimpses of what he can do despite only having joined 48 hours prior. Showed his shooting and set piece ability.