Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ya this is what I was saying when people said he could play as a #8. It makes zero sense to play a player with this much goal threat that far away from goal. I just cant even fathom the reasoning by Ole. If you pay 60M for someone then play them in there correct position. IMO when he was playing further up the field he showed glimpses of what he can do despite only having joined 48 hours prior. Showed his shooting and set piece ability.
Tony Cascarino on Talksport couldn't understand where we were playing him. Hopefully with Matic back he will get moved further forward. Hopefully.

Mingus

Ya this is what I was saying when people said he could play as a #8. It makes zero sense to play a player with this much goal threat that far away from goal.
According to Carlos Carvalhal, quoted by the BBC, he is a number 8. He also said that Bruno is definitely not a number 10.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ya this is what I was saying when people said he could play as a #8. It makes zero sense to play a player with this much goal threat that far away from goal. I just cant even fathom the reasoning by Ole. If you pay 60M for someone then play them in there correct position. IMO when he was playing further up the field he showed glimpses of what he can do despite only having joined 48 hours prior. Showed his shooting and set piece ability.
It was because Pereira was a fecking liability deeper, so had to swap them over.

DevilRed

I wish there comes a day when we actually play our best players in their preferred positions.

I bet the performances would be a far cry from the stuff we've been subjected to lately. Yes, injuries have stopped us from doing this, but I hope when we get everyone back that Ole realises how to fully utilise everyone in their best roles.

Bruno could be a devastating goal scorer at the 10 for us if we use him properly.

Sing you a song

for gods sake he was playing alongside Pereira who was giving the ball away every time he touched so he had to pull Fernandes back a bit as damage limitation
He still managed more shots ,and forward passes than anyone on the pitch .
While we have no option but to play Pereira then the other midfielders are going to have to compensate for him .
Mctominay back soon and Pogba who will gave to pull his finger out in order to get his move will give Bruno the freedom he needs

SCJY

Pereira is an absolute joke who has been found out once an ounce of class enters the team. He starts as DM, then moves into the #10, then moves to LW, each move more shit than the last.

I'm really curious about whether is was Ole who moved Bruno or whether he Bruno decided himself or whether it was Pereira who asked. No matter what way it went down, I really hope we've seen the last of Pereira and Lingard.

DFreshKing

I'm pretty confident Ole does not want to start Mata and Pereira but injuries dictate. We would have probably lost if we kept bruno higher up the pitch. Magic Fred and Bruno will be decent enough on current form if our forwards remember how to play football. Martial was shocking again last night. Greenwood is a better no 9 and that's pretty embarrassing at this stage.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm pretty confident Ole does not want to start Mata and Pereira but injuries dictate. We would have probably lost if we kept bruno higher up the pitch. Magic Fred and Bruno will be decent enough on current form if our forwards remember how to play football. Martial was shocking again last night. Greenwood is a better no 9 and that's pretty embarrassing at this stage.
I totally agree and I don't understand how others have their head in the sand and just blame Ole.

More interesting, though, is how do we line up with Pogba, Fernandes and Fred? Who is the number 10? I would like a fluid two with Pogba and Bruno switching positions where if one is up the other hangs back a little.

Mihai

I totally agree and I don't understand how others have their head in the sand and just blame Ole.

More interesting, though, is how do we line up with Pogba, Fernandes and Fred? Who is the number 10? I would like a fluid two with Pogba and Bruno switching positions where if one is up the other hangs back a little.
Pogba with Fred at 6 and Bruno at 10.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
According to Carlos Carvalhal, quoted by the BBC, he is a number 8. He also said that Bruno is definitely not a number 10.
His time at Sporting says otherwise completely. If he is a number 8 then he is the greatest goal scoring 8 I have ever seen.

Where he is at his abolsute best is in the final third. Either making passes or scoring with runs or long shooting ability. Where the confusion is is that he tracks back A LOT because it is in his nature but without fail any chance Sporting made was through him by him either scoring or assisting.

Sporting played a 4-3-3 with Fernandes being at the point of that midfield 3 with Wendel playing at the 8 and Doumbia or Gudelj last season at the 6. When William was there it was the same thing with William at the 6 and Bruno furthest forward in a diamond.

JJ showed him the importance of tracking back in a 2 man midfield which Bruno then added to his arsenal as he tries to be the first line of defense with his pressing.

alexthelion

What is the point of having players like Garner in the squad if they can’t even get in to the team during an injury crisis?

So much for believing in youth.
Ole has played plenty of youth. Maybe Garner just isn't ready yet.

Judas

Open to offers
No he hasn't. Only Greenwood and Williams who got to play regularly. Gomes and Garner barely got any chance.
Maybe because they're not ready? He's given Chong games and he's looked utterly hopeless, and stopped. Maybe they don't even look ready in training, or there's other issues like contract stuff (Gomes).

el3mel

Maybe because they're not ready? He's given Chong games and he's looked utterly hopeless, and stopped. Maybe they don't even look ready in training, or there's other issues like contract stuff (Gomes).
How do you know if they are ready or not without giving them time? How did we know Williams was ready? We knew after he played, and how are we expecting Gomes to sign a contract when he's barely getting any chances and seeing Lingard still chosen ahead of him even while being terrible?

And anyway this isn't denying the obvious fact that the idea of him playing plenty of youth is simply wrong and a myth. What you are doing is giving excuses for why he hasn't, not proving he actually did. The only two youngsters who are playing are Greenwood and Williams. That's about it.

Judas

Open to offers
Literally gave you a reason, but you just want to scream into the void and this to be an echo chamber of Ole hate. It's people like you who give the massive Ole supporters ammo.

RUCK4444

How do you know if they are ready or not without giving them time? How did we know Williams was ready? We knew after he played, and how are we expecting Gomes to sign a contract when he's barely getting any chances and seeing Lingard still chosen ahead of him even while being terrible?

And anyway this isn't denying the obvious fact that the idea of him playing plenty of youth is simply wrong and a myth. What you are doing is giving excuses for why he hasn't, not proving he actually did. The only two youngsters who are playing are Greenwood and Williams. That's about it.
In fairness Chong in particular has been given games.

The huge difference is that Williams has looked class for almost every minute he’s played.

Chong looks like an absolute headless chicken, like a feckin shite version of Rashford.
Basically Obertan :lol:

Gomes I would like to see more of, I think it’s a physicality issue holding him back from more game time.

el3mel

Literally gave you a reason, but you just want to scream into the void and this to be an echo chamber of Ole hate. It's people like you who give the massive Ole supporters ammo.
And your reasons are nonsense and based on pure assumptions, beside they have nothing to do with the original post I was replying , who literally said "Ole played plenty of youth". You came in and tried to give reasons for him not playing youth. You are simply proving my point that he actually doesn't play youth that much. I don't know, do you read all the posts before jumping to replay?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He doesn’t look a natural 10 to me. I don’t purport to be an expert on his game, but from what I’ve seen of his strengths and weaknesses, he seems better suited 15 yards further back and advancing.

He seems to be a player with a more expansive game than intricate one. Saying hey scored x goals, why play him deeper’ doesn’t tell the full story. Lampard is not what I’d call a natural 10 either. He’s no Silva (either of them), and these players aren’t best when the game is tightest. Bruno doesn’t seem to have the dribbling or agility of Bernardo for instance, not the vision for the intricate like David Silva. Goals and assists can come from deeper too. Gerrard was no 10, nor is Kevin de Bruyne. I can see Bruno being an underwhelming 10, and would prefer him to start off as an 8.5, similar to how Pogba plays. I don’t see the individual brilliance for the 10.

el3mel

Yes, I'm the one making assumptions, all your posts are facts, my mistake.
Typical. Dodged the second part of the post too. :lol: Any way no reason to take this thread away from the main point any further for such a terrible argument.

NJM78

He doesn’t look a natural 10 to me. I don’t purport to be an expert on his game, but from what I’ve seen of his strengths and weaknesses, he seems better suited 15 yards further back and advancing.

He seems to be a player with a more expansive game than intricate one. Saying hey scored x goals, why play him deeper’ doesn’t tell the full story. Lampard is not what I’d call a natural 10 either. He’s no Silva (either of them), and these players aren’t best when the game is tightest. Bruno doesn’t seem to have the dribbling or agility of Bernardo for instance, not the vision for the intricate like David Silva. Goals and assists can come from deeper too. Gerrard was no 10, nor is Kevin de Bruyne. I can see Bruno being an underwhelming 10, and would prefer him to start off as an 8.5, similar to how Pogba plays. I don’t see the individual brilliance for the 10.
This preferably playing next to Pogba with one in behind as a DM. 4-1-2-3 is the way to go for me. Pointless having wingers with our forwards.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This preferably playing next to Pogba with one in behind as a DM. 4-1-2-3 is the way to go for me. Pointless having wingers with our forwards.
Yep this will be awesome. Id even try pogba LW with Fernandes CAM and Fred/mctominay behind to add some steel.

meamth

Reached 1 million Instagram followers today.

We surely make players into stars.
Now hopefully, he will deliver soon.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His twitter went from 40k to 191.6k after his move to United.
It won't be long before he hits 1 million, he doesn't have a blue for twitter. Should get it done.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Strats

Not often you see someone come across as a humble and down to earth person while speaking about himself in third person.