Bruno Fernandes Out?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
I dont understand this kind of thinking to be honest we aren't exactly talking about a player who has been instrumental in achieving great things at United , truth to be told all things considered he has hardly moved needle at United if decent offer arrives I say thank him for his services and move on .
I don’t think this fan base has the patience for us to sell a Bruno.

He definitely made Ole ball significantly better. He’s also incredibly creative.

If you get stupid money for him then fair enough.
I think we are tactically stuck in the way we want to play if Bruno stays because he can only play in one position.
I don’t think him leaving is the end of the world. I know many people don’t want to hear this argument but our biggest failing as a team is our inability to have any meaningful possession or territory.
For all his qualities, he’s a reason we fail in that department.if a big fee comes, we should sell and completely rebuild that midfield.
Don’t hugely disagree. I just don’t think this summer is the time to make that change.

tomaldinho1

I really like Bruno but he's got two years left on his deal and though he ended the season well, it wasn't the best campaign from him and that's been the story these last few seasons. Why should/would the club want to offer him better terms, bearing in mind he is already earning £240k? He can do the PR spin like Herrera did but if he moves for money, he moves for money and we will have more ability to spend.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If we get a good offer, one which you'd be mad to turn down, then we'd obviously have to consider it.

RuudTom83

We will get to see what INEOS are made of this summer. Plenty of case studies to dissect involving Bruno, Sancho, Greenwood, EtH.

Will be interesting to see how they operate.

But Bruno shouldn’t be rewarded for an 8th place finish and a badly run dressing room. Rashford’s form and contract aligned perfectly last summer to get himself a fat packet. Sadly for Bruno his situation is not as strong so INEOS have no need to bow to him.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Quite surprised that he is looking for a new contract when he has two years remaining on his with an option for another season. I guess his agent is trying to make up for the 25% reduction in wages due to no CL football. Hope Ineos tells him to feck off. Let him go to Saudi for 70m+ if he is adamant on a new contract.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sure thing, but the replacement better be really feckin good, or we're heading into mid table fast.

Marcelinho87

Sure thing, but the replacement better be really feckin good, or we're heading into mid table fast.
They don’t have to be really good, but they have to fit a style of play.

Bruno for all his chances created etc is only good on counter attack football and is often quite terrible when trying to play actual football.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think United would be mid table even with him, tbh.
We aren't going to be a success anytime soon and INEOS know that. If we get a great offer, take it.

The-Mezzala

Would be interesting if we got £100 million plus offer. And signed Olmo . But huge risk. He is probably the only world class footballer we have at the club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Indeed hes the best player in the world, irreplaceable, we have been so great since we signed him and we're currently so much higher than mid table right now

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They don’t have to be really good, but they have to fit a style of play.

Bruno for all his chances created etc is only good on counter attack football and is often quite terrible when trying to play actual football.
Replacement actually has to be good, mate. Preferably exceptional under pressure, and ready to make series of good decisions in space of little time. Not gonna mention end product.

Not that easy to find it imo, especially when you go against most difficult league's demands... but I'm still impressed, that we are ready to go, one step forward, than just selling the dross.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Indeed hes the best player in the world, irreplaceable, we have been so great since we signed him and we're currently so much higher than mid table right now
Didn't know football was a one man game.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He'd be fairly pathetic to run off to Saudi. If he was going to leave, he would have a handful of Champion's League/trophy contending teams interested in him.

Taking the big money bag from Saudi would expose that ultra competitive, hungry for trophies reputation he has cultivated.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I see your belief in our transfer record is quite high, after signing pletora of dead career footballers.

joedirt87

Offer them Sancho, Rashford, and Casemiro too as a nice big attraction package.

gajender

He'd be fairly pathetic to run off to Saudi. If he was going to leave, he would have a handful of Champion's League/trophy contending teams interested in him.

Taking the big money bag from Saudi would expose that ultra competitive, hungry for trophies reputation he has cultivated.
Actually there won't be any he isn't good enough .

Cassidy

I see your belief in our transfer record is quite high, after signing pletora of dead career footballers.
We signed Fernandes, we also have brought in new people to handle transfers, but I guess instead of trying to build a new team, we should instead just keep the players we have that have been constantly failiing, well because, we are shit at transfers after all...

Red Royal

IF he goes, we'd have Mount (when fit) and Amad who could play there (assuming same system is used). So any funds could go towards a striker, CB, LB. As much as I rate him, wouldn't be the worst thing if it is a big money sale.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's clearly good enough to make it into a CL club but whether he'd be a constant first teamer is another thing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We signed Fernandes, we also have brought in new people to handle transfers, but I guess instead of trying to build a new team, we should instead just keep the players we have that have been constantly failiing, well because, we are shit at transfers after all...
We are shit at transfers, and it's not 100% sure we'll sign the right replacement in the first season of Ineos. You're making it sound like it's easy, when it's not.

When we indentify good replacement with full clarity, he's going here, then I guess there will be grounds to make that decision about Fernandes, who's by the way still reliable goal outlet in this current slop of a team.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
IF he goes, we'd have Mount (when fit) and Amad who could play there (assuming same system is used). So any funds could go towards a striker, CB, LB. As much as I rate him, wouldn't be the worst thing if it is a big money sale.
I think Mainoo is an option too. Also, Olise if we sign him. There are many ways to skin a cat, we don't necessarily have to get a like for like replacement. I rather we strengthen our midfield and defense from the money generated from his sale.

Cassidy

We are shit at transfers, and it's not 100% sure we'll sign the right replacement in the first season of Ineos. You're making it sound like it's easy, when it's not.

When we indentify good replacement with full clarity, he's going here, then I guess there will be grounds to make that decision about Fernandes, who's by the way still reliable goal outlet in this current slop of a team.
I'm making it sound like we shouldn't give a player who is 29 and massive new contract just because we are shit at transfers.... move him on if thats what he wants and we can improve the squad with the proceeds.
I'm also making it sound like we should be looking to improve on transfers with a new transfer team

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm making it sound like we shouldn't give a player who is 29 and massive new contract just because we are shit at transfers....
Contract negotiations are not if favour of United anyway, after possible conference league appearance. Money shouldn't be that of a problem, especially with Sir Jim being here now.

However links to Adarabioyo so far doesn't give me too much confidence in building a great new team, just yet.

Cassidy

Contract negotiations are not if favour of United anyway, after possible conference league appearance. Money shouldn't be that of a problem, especially with Sir Jim being here now.

However links to Adarabioyo so far doesn't give me too much confidence in building a great new team, just yet.
He shouldn't get a new contract period, its not about money and he will need to be replaced pretty soon. He already got a new 5+1 year deal 2 years ago

Kirk lazarus

I think at his and our stage , the smart move would be to say thank you and goodbye .

I don't like the timing of it , it seems he is asking on the back of a purple patch at the back end of a poor season.

bosskeano

£100 million you have to take the deal...you'd be foolish not to do so given his age and that 100m could bring in two younger players that you need for a bit of depth and quality

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He shouldn't get a new contract period, its not about money and he will need to be replaced pretty soon. He already got a new 5+1 year deal 2 years ago
Sure thing, he doesn't get new contract, perhaps good offer comes in, we sell, and we still didn't even replaced Martial which should be done years ago. Greenwood goes and his replacement (Antony) is not doing that good.

Hell of a window upcoming, gotta say. Bruno can go, but it will look a bit awkward if he goes and the likes of Maguire and Lindelof stay.

It's actually still more exciting, that kind of adventurous attitude, because the team we all agree is shit, anyway. Active window is a must, period.

Cassidy

Sure thing, he doesn't get new contract, perhaps good offer comes in, we sell, and we still didn't even replaced Martial which should be done years ago. Greenwood goes and his replacement (Antony) is not doing that good.

Hell of a window upcoming, gotta say. Bruno can go, but it will look a bit awkward if he goes and the likes of Maguire and Lindelof stay.

It's actually still more exciting, that kind of adventurous attitude, because the team we all agree is shit, anyway. Active window is a must, period.
Martial is still at the club, also one of the reasons we have struggled to replace certain players is that we have struggled to generate funds from transfers...

On the likes of Maguire and Lindelof I have no idea what that has to do with anything they should be sold this summer both have a year left on their contracts if I am not mistaken