Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
United have paid a bit of a tax with transfers for a long time now because the club is wealthy.

Woodward came into the role of Chief Executive and bragged that he could do things in the market that others could only dream of.

Ever since, selling clubs have insisted he put his money where is mouth is.
And he’s since broken a number of transfer records. Of course, our fans want more though.

theklr

Meh, didnt like him anyway. Lets increase the wages for Lingard and Pereira , I’m sure that will help.

roykeane19

We can spend 80mill on Maguire, but stall for other players, Dortmund get Haggland for a very good deal, but when it comes to us, people just love ripping us off, because they know our negotiator s are shit

Ralph1386

I hear that the bonus we've offered us include us winning the PL and the CL. I don't think either party thinks that the bonus will be paid out.
This is like telling them ‘you won’t be getting any bonus and we’ll give you much less than your asking price’.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I hear that the bonus we've offered us include us winning the PL and the CL. I don't think either party thinks that the bonus will be paid out.
They rejected the same from Spurs so i don't believe that. As bad as we are, we can't be that inept.

ManRed

Only thing that has confirmed in the last few weeks is all sources are crap. Nobody has any idea what are the terms and clauses that are being negotiated.

zenith

I really hope we don't overpay. We've been down that road and should tread carefully. Bruno comes from an inferior league and there is a very good chance that he'll end up being another mikhi type signing who fares well among peers who are below his level.

In this case, we have to protect our interests in terms of fee and salary.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not really been following this saga because I don't have any faith in us genuinely trying to do business in January. But it looks like the club are having the fans over again with their "mouthpiece" journalists making us look busier than we actually are.

Honestly this has been rumbling on for weeks and it actually appears there was a 5 minute conversation where it was established that we're way apart in valuations. How has that been made into such a big, ongoing story? Yet more United PR bullshit.

Tel074

And he’s since broken a number of transfer records. Of course, our fans want more though.

Jesus Imagine fans wanting more . Imagine fans wanting a competent board and a team that can compete .

Brophs

The One and Only
Seems reasonable to me. I haven't seen enough of him to know definitively, but any player, at his age, arriving from an inferior league will have a bit to prove, so spending that sort of fee would be a massive risk. If we genuinely don't think he's worth that then walking away is the right thing to do in the long term.

The more odd aspect is that we have seen other clubs negotiate for the player and, in fact there are stories that we were in for him last summer, so we should really have some sense of how much give there is in the fee. If we get him for £10m less, or whatever, then job done, but if we end up spending a couple of weeks chasing a guy, similar to Maguire, whose price never changes, only to walk away because we couldn't get the price down, then it doesn't seem a great use of our time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Don't forget Stones. They've spent £225m on their defence and still play a CM back there.
Then they win trophies while playing nice football, elevating their club stature.

Us though..

bonothom

More likely to win the Championship under Solskjaer. This deal ain't gonna be done let's face it. United are a shower of shit when it comes to negotiating transfers. Wouldn't surprise me if United back out of this deal now and then go back in this summer and end up paying 90million euros. Similar to what happened with Maguire.

roseguy64

We can spend 80mill on Maguire, but stall for other players, Dortmund get Haggland for a very good deal, but when it comes to us, people just love ripping us off, because they know our negotiator s are shit
We would have got Haaland for the same price Dortmund did. It was a release clause.

Bestofthebest

The way we perform in negotiations I would not be surprised if we messed up trying to abandon this deal. Perhaps that was the plan in the first place, make it look like we were after someone when we really had no intention to sign. Who knows how, or even if, Ed‘s brain works.

TheReligion

Abusive
'Haggland' deal isn't very good at all. It's actually quite the opposite. Huge agent fees and a minimum release clause at a fairly low price. Very unsurprisingly we declined.

Tel074

I'm all for going big for players if its justified, but it isn't for Bruno. They're asking way more than his value, we shouldn't give in.

What does it matter to you of United spend 50 million or 90million on him ? I seriously can't understand fans saying yeah don't let them fleece us . We need players and we shouldn't care less what is paid

TheReligion

Abusive
Then they win trophies while playing nice football, elevating their club stature.

Us though..
Sadly we can't bank roll what city do. Only PSG can match that. They have replaced near enough the whole back 5 twice over under Pep and it still isn't right. That's not mentioning the other big money signings.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
What does it matter to you of United spend 50 million or 90million on him ? I seriously can't understand fans saying yeah don't let them fleece us . We need players and we shouldn't care less what is paid
I guess because it means to those fans that they're less likely to see us buy players they'd absolutely love to see here due to less funds left over and a precedent set that we'll willingly get ripped off.

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course we should care what's paid. I assume you don't go to any games so wouldn't be affected by price increases? Or you don't want to spend money on other areas of development? We aren't like city and PSG. We have to act within the business model and rightly so. Look at Leeds United.

SirAF

Ageist
Of course we should care what's paid. I assume you don't go to any games so wouldn't be affected by price increases? Or you don't want to spend money on other areas of development? We aren't like city and PSG. We have to act within the business model and rightly so. Look at Leeds United.
When was the last time the ticket prices rose? Haven’t they been frozen for ages?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I watched the whole game yesterday generally focusing on Bruno.

He hardly played as a midfielder. Seemed to be very indisciplined, or was he asked to play a free role? During the game, he was occasionally ahead of the striker, on the right-wing a lot, rarely in the centre, and even defending in his own penalty area.

@SportingCP96 if you can kindly give us some insight if this was a one-off or his general style of play?

Tel074

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years so you assume wrong . We are a business we are no longer a football club and look at Leeds ? We are one of the richest clubs in the world yet have a 2nd rate team .

Development you talk about ? Do you go to OT because if you did then you would already know they ground is in need of some major work our underage teams train at inferior facilities compared to some of our PL rivals .

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have the same opinion about this as i had about Dybala. There is time when you must overpay a player. Overpaying Maguire for example was wrong imo but overpaying midfielder who shits goals and assists would be a good move. Tbh, i don't have doubts that we will sign him. If he is in another top club then it is different story but in this case it is only matter of time

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
United have paid a bit of a tax with transfers for a long time now because the club is wealthy.

Woodward came into the role of Chief Executive and bragged that he could do things in the market that others could only dream of.

Ever since, selling clubs have insisted he put his money where is mouth is.
Seems like the type of dreams he meant was nightmares.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If we spend more on player A and need player B we have less budget. Business is about what you save as much as what you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.