Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years so you assume wrong . We are a business we are no longer a football club and look at Leeds ? We are one of the richest clubs in the world yet have a 2nd rate team .

Development you talk about ? Do you go to OT because if you did then you would already know they ground is in need of some major work our underage teams train at inferior facilities compared to some of our PL rivals .
Well with your idea of just paying whatever anyone wants for players there's zero chance of the stadium getting developed or anything else for that matter. That's kind of the point.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
why are we constantly interested in greedy players? First it was Dybala, then Haaland and now Bruno. Or could it be the case that we just suck on transfers. That might explain why we ended up with just 3 signings last summer and everyone seem to want out of the club.

Santos J

why are we constantly interested in greedy players? First it was Dybala, then Haaland and now Bruno. Or could it be the case that we just suck on transfers. That might explain why we ended up with just 3 signings last summer and everyone seem to want out of the club.
How is Fernandes being greedy? By all accounts we agreed terms with him.

devilish

How is Fernandes being greedy? By all accounts we agreed terms with him.
I am referring to either the player or the club they play for. But who cares about transfers anyway. Our players might be leaving in droves and we might be struggling to sign players but.......the money is there if the price is right mantra.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
United is a cash cow. Anyone would look to profit from the situation

Bestietom

I was afraid of this deal breaking down and others will be the same. Woodward is pulling the wool over all our eyes.

Johan07

A technical or sporting director would have stopped agents "muscling in" on the deal in the first place since he will deal with the selling club directly. Not having one means that our club does not have the footballing connections to get deals done smoothly and resort to agents to push our agenda, which means we pay through the nose.
Thats really not how it works in the real world. Come on.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Fernandes should force the issue with Sporting.

devilish

that's why the money is better off at the bank or in shareholders pockets. Meanwhile lets fight for 5th place with basically no midfield whatsoever. That's what top football franchises do. The money is still there to be spent if the price is right though. 30m for Fernandes, 50m for Neymar, 40m for Maddison etc.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I was afraid of this deal breaking down and others will be the same. Woodward is pulling the wool over all our eyes.
Correction: Woodward has been pulling the wool over our eyes for ages now.

AB_89

You sure?

Mangala £42m(sold for nowt/zilch/£00.00)
Walker £52m
Mendy £53m

It helps if there is no accountability and you can just meet the asking price to close the deals with the minimum of fuss but City spent circa £150m on three defenders and only one, and that's debatable, has improved the team.
Another one is Bravo £16m

City under Pep have got it right more often than not but they still pay high prices for players and buy in quality. The difference is with they have continuity of personnel and are buying players to fit a particular style of play. They have then integrated those players into the team very well.

Rodrigo £63m
Cancelo £58m (Jury is still out on him)
Mahrez £61m
Laporte £58m
Mendy £52m
Walker £48m
B.Silva £45m
Ederson £35m

That's only the last 3 seasons. Give Ole another couple of windows, see how the squad looks and how the team is playing.

It is early days yet!

Reactions: Sultan

theklr

Well, I get the «if we overpay now, summer targets will be even more expensive, we dont want to set a bad precedent» theory.

But when you make Maguire the most expensive midfielder in the world, you have already burned that bridge for years to come.

Seems strange Sporting suddenly wanted to up the price though, dont know if it’s United’s PR department or what. Only reason i can see them doing that if they are talking to someone else.

Or maybe they found out Rashford is injured.

Tel074

Well with your idea of just paying whatever anyone wants for players there's zero chance of the stadium getting developed or anything else for that matter. That's kind of the point.

I get your point I do but these owners couldnt care less about the ground and players . There is enough money at the club to try and build a decent squad and refurbish the ground but the owners would rather not

Tel074

If we spend more on player A and need player B we have less budget. Business is about what you save as much as what you make.

Mate we struggle to sign one player so I wouldn't hold my breath worrying about player B

devilish

Well, I get the «if we overpay now, summer targets will be even more expensive, we dont want to set a bad precedent» theory.

But when you make Maguire the most expensive midfielder in the world, you have already burned that bridge for years to come.

Seems strange Sporting suddenly wanted to up the price though, dont know if it’s United’s PR department or what. Only reason i can see them doing that if they are talking to someone else.

Under the Woodward's administration we do tend to suffer from these sort of things. Managers suddenly turn mad, agents or clubs suddenly become greedy, players want to leave the club like the passengers on the titanic etc. However the money is still there if we need it. We are just so unlucky when we come to spend it.

theklr

I have the same opinion about this as i had about Dybala. There is time when you must overpay a player. Overpaying Maguire for example was wrong imo but overpaying midfielder who shits goals and assists would be a good move. Tbh, i don't have doubts that we will sign him. If he is in another top club then it is different story but in this case it is only matter of time
Overpaying for Dybala (if he wanted to come) is a totally different thing to overpaying for Fernandes.

alexthelion

if the clubs were so far in their valuation of the player, why even go into this?
The difference really needs to be about 5% and the payment should be about how it is done. Add Ons and such.

This really is on Woodward...again.
Nothing to do with Sporting raising the price dramatically (almost) overnight?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I repeat that:

The only way that this can be done is if Bruno forces the issue with Sporting now.

Eric's Seagull

Didn't initially think that we would be signing anyone in this window. Then was pleased when we entered negotiations for Fernandes. Really hoping that we don't feck this up and he signs now, as he could help us achieve top 4 and make us a more attractive proposition for potential signings in the summer.

Bestietom

Didn't initially think that we would be signing anyone in this window. Then was pleased when we entered negotiations for Fernandes. Really hoping that we don't feck this up and he signs now, as he could help us achieve top 4 and make us a more attractive proposition for potential signings in the summer.
If Woodward don't feck it up. Oh how we need a DOF.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Why are people thinking its the DoF who negotiate about the actual transfer fee?

RedTiger

Half mast

Sporting directors probably came on the caf last night and saw loads of people saying that 43Mil up front was a bargain.

Baneofthegame

So who do we go for then when we clearly need better players? Do we wait for summer when Leicester want £90m for Madison or Villa want 50+ for Grealish. We will have no CL to offer them either, where as we make a signing now that could help us get that 4th spot from Chelsea. Overpriced or not he is better that what we have bar Pogba who wants out anyway.

Might as well just extend Lingards contract and keep the money for the Glazers and continue to be shit.
I’m not suggesting any in the last part because it’s just crazy in my opinion.

We threw 900 million at players and have basically ended up with just Martial/Pogba/Shaw.

We cannot just cave to demands because of our reputation, I’ve been advocating at least two signings in this window, but we don’t have infinite money as per our net spends the past two years, 68 million pounds for Bruno is over his value, no other club on the planet is even bidding for him.

Eric's Seagull

If Woodward don't feck it up. Oh how we need a DOF.
I don't have much in faith in Woodward not fecking it up. He is reason why I didn't think we would be doing any business this window. Totally agree that we need a DoF. With us being so close to getting a deal done, it would p!ss me off if we end up waiting to the summer when his price could rise again. We clearly need of reinforcements in now.

Velvet Revolver

We are ready to pay 60+ million for maddison who has had 1 good season but don't want to pay the same for a player ( albeit a lower league) has been performing quite well! and we are in dire need of a creative midfielder.

And based on how these negotiations are going on I wouldn't be surprised, if Sporting is pissed at our low ball negotiations and ridiculous clauses!

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
For once the club are doing the right thing here. He clearly has a top value and we aren’t going anywhere what they want for him, he isn’t worth it at all and the club know that.

For the price quoted, albeit rumours and none of us actually know anything, I’d rather walk away and get Grealish in the summer.

RUCK4444

This. Plus, you know, he’s their best player who they will not be able to realistically replace and we are trying to buy in January.

We need him, should have gotten it done in the summer, pay the feckin premium now Woody you clown

Edit: I don’t like us having to overpay but it is what it is and we feckin need top four in order to gather proper momentum with this rebuild!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
A little more persuasion or maybe a proper DOF and we could have had him.
Sounds like the £60m release fee in 2022 was a huge issue and rightly so. The fans complaining we didn't get him now would have gone even crazier had Barca or Madrid bought him off us in 2022 without us being able to stop it.

One of those things.

0le

Chill, it will get done. Same thing happens with every transfer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.