Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr3yham3

A technical director isn't going to be able to stop agents getting involved. Far as I can see, the situation is being managed as it should right now. No way should we be paying that kind of money.
A technical or sporting director would have stopped agents "muscling in" on the deal in the first place since he will deal with the selling club directly. Not having one means that our club does not have the footballing connections to get deals done smoothly and resort to agents to push our agenda, which means we pay through the nose.

Baneofthegame

Back the club on this one, he’s not worth 68 million, if they want to keep him, please do so.

Fahad Jawaid

A
United have paid a bit of a tax with transfers for a long time now because the club is wealthy.

Woodward came into the role of Chief Executive and bragged that he could do things in the market that others could only dream of.

Ever since, selling clubs have insisted he put his money where is mouth is.
Agreed. Juve and Bayern for example are very canny this way. They shell out money where they it is required ( Ronaldo, De Ligt, Hernandez etc). But their natural outlook is club which is not loaded and thats why get very good deals because of it.

We have this reputation of loaded club with incompetent negotiators leads to us being conned and taken advantage of during every signing.

Lastly doing stupid things like overpaying 3m for Fellani after his release clause ends or Herrera and 3 lawyers fiasco. Or overpaying for almost every signing after deeming it too high and eventually giving in has led to every club trying to tale advantage of us.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If Sporting raised the fee then fair enough -- walk away and make it know to Bruno that we will not deal with Sporting again. Heard he's a feisty fecker, and has already privately had a run in with the president or at least voiced his discontent -- it's time for him to really become part of the equation -- force a move.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Pay 150 Million for Grealish and Maddison in the summer and the team will be transformed massively. That's Pogba money if as expected he moves in the summer. No need to take risks if there are doubts about the player for what remains of the season. That still gives the club money to sort out other positions. The club needs to focus on purchasing the best in the market for each position and then look at the academy and potential purchases for the squad.
Pogba has done nothing to justify a €150m fee

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ah yes, Woodward's quarterly briefing in full force I see. We'll have our annual one at the end of the window when we sign either nobody or some no-name that won't really improve anything.

But hey, going by this thread and seeing how many people actually lap in his bullshit you can sort of understand how he gets away with it. If it works, it works.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Ah yes, Woodward's quarterly briefing in full force I see. We'll have our annual one at the end of the window when we sign either nobody or some no-name that won't really improve anything.

But hey, going by this thread and seeing how many people actually lap in his bullshit you can sort of understand how he gets away with it. If it works, it works.
OH the conspiracy theories!

*puts on tin hat

NEVER BELIEVE THE CLUB THEYRE ALL OUT TO GET US, THEY ALL HATE US AND THEYRE ALL BAD BAD PEOPLE!

NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY GUYS!!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
After weeks/month of "negotiations" , it's all come down to this. Offering 60% of their asking price that we knew since last summer. Ed.. oh.. Ed.. It clearly worked with Maguire and AWB last summer eh?

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’m surprised at how many people are saying “just get it done”, would love a poll showing how many would prefer to get it done even if we overpay and those who would be willing to walk away based on the reported €80m

I’d certainly walk away if they’re digging their heels in at €80m.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Why can't be be dirty like Real and Barcelona where all players and coach praise another team player, making the sell easier? I see Zidane always praising Pogba and here Ole is always playing the good guy saying he doesn't talk about other players.

roseguy64

£80m now, so €93.88m?? :lol: Jackson is full of shite
English journos just can't get currency conversion right, they don't understand how it works. Luckhurst saying £68.24m which is exactly €80m, while Jackson says £80m. Some of these journos are seriously thick.
It was clearly a typo. Clicked on the article and it has the 80m euros in it.

gr3yham3

*puts on tin hat

NEVER BELIEVE THE CLUB THEYRE ALL OUT TO GET US, THEY ALL HATE US AND THEYRE ALL BAD BAD PEOPLE!

So you think Woodward, the Glazers and co really care about us fans, rather than the millions that they make and the share prices? Given past transfer windows, I am always a glass half-empty guy when it comes to our board dealing with any sort of transfer...

Kostur

海尔的老板

*puts on tin hat

It's as much of a conspiracy theory as claiming that spring comes after winter. But as I've said, idiots lap it up and I'm thankful you opted to act as an example.

RuudTom83

I’ve not followed this transfer closely but I’d back a stance from the club to not overpay for transfers and not overpay agents.

United have been burnt so many times in the last 6 years. If a player really wants to join they would tell their agents to stop being a greedy cnut and find a solution.

NJM78

Back the club on this one, he’s not worth 68 million, if they want to keep him, please do so.
So who do we go for then when we clearly need better players? Do we wait for summer when Leicester want £90m for Madison or Villa want 50+ for Grealish. We will have no CL to offer them either, where as we make a signing now that could help us get that 4th spot from Chelsea. Overpriced or not he is better that what we have bar Pogba who wants out anyway.

Might as well just extend Lingards contract and keep the money for the Glazers and continue to be shit.

roseguy64

He's 25 and has only ever played well in the Portuguese league so I find the clamour for his signature alittle strange if i'm honest. If it was a young player like Florentino Luis I could understand the appeal due to the huge upside and potential future progression. But Bruno Fernandes at 25 doesn't have the same appeal to me and I feel we could probably do better in the summer especially for the reported price.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him but I wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't either.
This is wrong.

DCP

United, if the stories are true, are in a sticky position. Negotiating wise, if they have already gone in with their 'final offer' to go back with an increase will show to future sellers that they can be pushed around.

So the options are to walk away and hope Sporting take it seriously and meet our offer, or to walk away and spend the money elsewhere.

I would have both personally, but I wouldn't have an issue if we took the money, add £10m and took Grealish.

Its difficult because Fernandes is well worth £50m!

thomas porter

I think at the end of the day this deal gets done. Sporting desperately need the money, and we desperately need a creative center midfielder but the people running United are accountants/finance people who want to haggle over every last penny, and Sporting it seems have similar nickle and dime types in charge. Ed Woodward also knows if he doesn't get this deal done he will take a very large share of the blame for any struggles we have in the 2nd half of the season.

Von Mistelroum

We wanted to strengthen and were in for X player but there was no value in the market. Having Y back from injury is like a new signing though!

Giggsy13

Ed is briefing his sources like crazy today. The excuses have started and it looks eerily similar to Haaland. Embarrassment.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
This. 100%.

Everyone knows City are minted (thanks to their owner) but they don't get ripped off often because they keep it all in house and are well ran.
You sure?

Mangala £42m(sold for nowt/zilch/£00.00)
Walker £52m
Mendy £53m

It helps if there is no accountability and you can just meet the asking price to close the deals with the minimum of fuss but City spent circa £150m on three defenders and only one, and that's debatable, has improved the team.

Fridge chutney

Maybe the club doesn't want to spend any more money backing Ole because they will fire him this summer.

Fridge chutney

he is good enough for a lot of managers. Poch could use him nicely for example
I agree, and that's precisely why we need a sporting/technical director in charge of transfers rather than each successive manager.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A technical or sporting director would have stopped agents "muscling in" on the deal in the first place since he will deal with the selling club directly. Not having one means that our club does not have the footballing connections to get deals done smoothly and resort to agents to push our agenda, which means we pay through the nose.
No they wouldn't. There are three parties involved in a deal; you can only control one of three. Don't get me wrong, we need a technical director or a variant of, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't made a single bit of difference here.

Seij

I hear that the bonus we've offered us include us winning the PL and the CL. I don't think either party thinks that the bonus will be paid out.

Ballist1x

If we had bid over summer wouldn't it have cost Sportimg €5m to Bruno if they had rejected our bid?

Our position is no different now from summer.

It makes me think about Fellaini all over again.

Meanwhile at the Erling Braut and Dybala go on to reinforce their status while we missed out on both...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You sure?

Mangala £42m(sold for nowt/zilch/£00.00)
Walker £52m
Mendy £53m

It helps if there is no accountability and you can just meet the asking price to close the deals with the minimum of fuss but City spent circa £150m on three defenders and only one, and that's debatable, has improved the team.
Don't forget Stones. They've spent £225m on their defence and still play a CM back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.