Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

A Bola is the Portuguese equivalent of SunSport, although i hear they are semi decent for benfica stuff.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is he not an SS?
My information is a bit old as I haven't followed him enough in Portugal to give a definitive opinion about him however, the Bruno Fernandes I remember in Italy was essentially a no 10. He was very comfortable in a 'free role' position at the back of the main striker. Unlike most no 10 who are essentially luxury players, Fernandes can be played in a deeper role as he's quite hardworking (although lacking tactical discipline). There again you wouldn't exploit some of his positive traits like his eye for goal. If you ask me, he's Pogba's replacement. We'll be sacrificing Pogba's sublime technique, physicality and passing ability while gaining more work rate, commitment and a better eye for goal. Also Pogba is more comfortable as the attacking option of a 4-3-3 system while Bruno is more of a no 10.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
If this is true, then this is typical United 'negotiation'. Spend many weeks/months fecking around with low ball offers and only start being serious toward the end of the window.
This is how you negotiate.!

Bestietom

A striker sporting are buying for 7 million flew in last night for medical....They can only afford him if they sell...

Marcelinho87

If this is true, then this is typical United 'negotiation'. Spend many weeks/months fecking around with low ball offers and only start being serious toward the end of the window.
There was nothing lowball about the original reported offer, they are desperate to sell and we're the only club in for him.

After one shit game you will be the first to complain we over paid had we gone and just paid up first chance we had.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
There was nothing lowball about the original reported offer, they are desperate to sell and we're the only club in for him.

After one shit game you will be the first to complain we over paid had we gone and just paid up first chance we had.
Not really, It's not my money so I don't care about how much we pay as long as we get the player the manager wants. Just get the player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not really, It's not my money so I don't care about how much we pay as long as we get the player the manager wants. Just get the player.
This is such a daft argument.

Seb burrow

I think he's just frustrated because his team is being run by a bunch of leeches, pricks and buffoons, so he's obviously looking to come here to get away from that...
sounds like you’re talking about our board....

pacifictheme

Unless you work in the financial department of Man Utd or you're one of those trying to play real life football manager where you have to manage the club's budget, it is not.
Its a shit comment. You'll be moaning next week we haven't signed anyone else. Yet here you are advocating paying whatever for one player.

I hope we get this bloke, but i want him at the best price possible to allow further investment.

theklr

Just like Sanchez then?

Look, if we just gave Sporting whatever they wanted the first day, two things would happen:

We would use more money than needed, meaning there would be less money for other transfers.

And every other club we're interested in buying from would say "You gave Sporting what they wanted without question for a Portugese player unproven in the PL"
We want X amount for our player , and you are going to give it to us. You didnt negotiate with Sporting, and therefore you shouldnt negotiate with us. We see you are madly desperate.

And clubs think we are a rich overpaying desperate club already. No point making it even worse.

Ofcourse, if we drop points to Burnley today you could say if we've gotten him earlier he could have made a difference for us.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not believing anything coming out of the Portuguese media on this transfer, literally no point. Recycling shite, talking about it edging closer, just reads like total bollocks.

Godfather

Just like Sanchez then?

Look, if we just gave Sporting whatever they wanted the first day, two things would happen:

We would use more money than needed, meaning there would be less money for other transfers.

And every other club we're interested in buying from would say "You gave Sporting what they wanted without question for a Portugese player unproven in the PL"
We want X amount for our player , and you are going to give it to us. You didnt negotiate with Sporting, and therefore you shouldnt negotiate with us. We see you are madly desperate.

And clubs think we are a rich overpaying desperate club already. No point making it even worse.

Ofcourse, if we drop points to Burnley today you could say if we've gotten him earlier he could have made a difference for us.
For other transfers.... That's cute. Im sure Woody has 3 or 4 players lined up for the next couple of days

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
None of these are "low ball offers". We are offering a very large sum for a player plying his trade in the Portuguese league. It's one of the largest deals that league has seen, possibly the biggest setting aside the Felix to Madrid transfer, because it's a weaker league compared to the top ones.

Dr. StrangeHate

To be honest the progress of Fred mctominay rashford and Greenwood are the positives, all down to the manager. Woodward has mismanaged the squad to the point that we're a europa league team. Fully.
Won't you say Woodwards' revamp of the academy is the reason we are getting so many quality academy players in the team. Mc Tominay broke through during Jose. Rashford during LVG. Better academy is the only positive point during Woodwards' time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Unless you work in the financial department of Man Utd or you're one of those trying to play real life football manager where you have to manage the club's budget, it is not.
"I support the club but I don't care for the key factors driving decision making which directly impact the on pitch personnel"

:lol:

Enfant terrible

This is gold.
Verses 20, 23, 24 and 40 in particular.

At first I laughed, then it hit me.
Oh, how the tables have turned

Dr. StrangeHate

So many?
What, three?
Great.
Rashford, Brandon, Mc Tominay, and Greenwood are mainstays. Won't say much about Lingard. Chong is wanted by inter and was bought during Woodward years. Gomes will join a decent club as well I am sure at the end of the season. Tuanzebe and Garner are on the cusp of first team as well. We are regularly buying more highly rated talents for the academy. This is a healthy situation and much better than what was before Woodward joined.

Ban

"I support the club but I don't care for the key factors driving decision making which directly impact the on pitch personnel"

Will be interesting to track him in the Fernandes performance thread if we get him. I reckon he'll be patient with the wasted money comments.

ISMAIL-007

Technically its some of our Money, we pay to watch these guys but again that would be another good reason to use that money to strengthen the squad..so once more, stop freaking around and Get the damn player in.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

Whether it is 55million or 65million we can offer what difference does it make to you? It is the job of the finance team. You, just like all of us, have no clue on what the club's budget is or how much we can spend. Is the 10 million difference going to come directly out of your pocket that you have to give such big feck of it? I bet some of you even have issues with us offering the reported 30million for Bellingham, but will then also complain if we miss out on him if we offer less.

VanGaalEra

I say it every year, the Portuguese Press when it comes to transfers is the absolute worst.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Whether it is 55million or 65million we can offer what difference does it make to you? It is the job of the finance team. You, just like all of us, have no clue on what the club's budget is or how much we can spend. Is the 10 million difference going to come directly out of your pocket that you have to give such big feck of it? I bet some of you even have issues with us offering the reported 30million for Bellingham, but will then also complain if we miss out on him if we offer less.
Because we value a player for x amount and don't want to budge from our valuation. You don't need to be behind the scenes to know that as it's well documented at this stage.

And yeah I do care about how much we spend because I don't want us to overspend. That sets a dangerous precedent which we need to get out of. It's farcical to sit there and say "I don't give a feck as long as he comes". You're invested into the club and have a vested interest to see it run properly.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Our spending does matter. If we spend say 10m more than we should on a player we could miss out on another target by not spending that 10m to clinch someone.

Every player has to have a top limit.

romufc

Our spending does matter. If we spend say 10m more than we should on a player we could miss out on another target by not spending that 10m to clinch someone.

Every player has to have a top limit.
Agreed, but in this dire need of players where we may have even halved our wage bill from this time last year.

If you spin it, we get him and we finish top 4, the money is justified however; if we do not, that will have to be on Ole's head and he will have to face the sack unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.