Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Whether its Bruno or not, it's a f*cking joke we look like we won't sign anyone this window.

I'm beginning to think this isn't going to happen. Surely it'd of happened by now.

peridigm

Lets be honest about it, all of us have been calling for this squad of mediocre underachievers to be culled, and we all want to see that continue, and Solskjaer is absolutely doing that, but he is not responsible for the utter failure of the club to sign quality replacements.
Solskjaer's fault is his timidity and not creating a rumpus when the club are failing to deliver.
Agree 100%. Your last point is probably why he still has a job.

Magical Manchester United

The club is at a big low point but it does make me laugh how if there's news that's negative everyone piles in with "Yes that's it, transfers off, we are really a joke of a club." Yet if there's positive news it's "Oh that's an unreliable journalist, the transfer is clearly nowhere near done. We probably haven't even bid for him."

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That's an assumption. I don't believe that for a second. The Lukaku deal dragged on for the better part of the transfer window. We knew he was leaving. Why didn't the club go in for another striker before Lukaku left? Same reason we only managed to secure the Maguire so late on. Budget?
Hindsight is 20/20. I argue that our defense is suffering due to the lack of quality in our midfield.
He could hardly say that the decisions would be based upon how much the club is willing to spend now, could he? That would have created a bigger circus than the Pogba/Mourinho saga.

Seems to me that Ole is trying to appease everybody. While that may be a noble gesture on his part, it is harming him. You bang on about his motives - keeping his job etc. I don't believe that's the case at all. I would like to think that Ole is a man of integrity and until i'm proven wrong(ala Mourihno waiting to get fired instead of quitting), i will continue to believe that.

I get it, you don't like Ole, that's fine, but lets not make up stuff about the man...he will be gone soon enough and then you can lynch the next manager who has the same or similar results.
The problem is not the Manager, it's the owners and more importantly that dumb American who refuses to admit he is out of his depth - Ed.
I think Ole being the inexperienced manager he is got caught in the oldest football trick in the world

a- unlike most managers who come in summer, Ole had all the time in the world to assess the squad and make plans for the summer. By May he would have had a well defined plan which was then delivered to Woodward
b- Woodward read the plan and he completely supported it. However there's a bit of a problem. The wage bill is ridiculously high thus we can only buy if we sell.
c- Ole agrees to get rid of the high earners. Sanchez and Lukaku are goners, Herrera is asking too much so he's leaving too and we don't need Smalling if we're adding Maguire. We also got rid of Fellaini in January. That's a plus as well. Players are told to pack their stuff. If the club find a decent buyer then they're out. Most are happy with that. This club is going nowhere.
d- the club gets his time to get rid of those players. Meanwhile it also takes it time to bring players in because 'we need to sell first'. Days becomes weeks and then months. We sign Maguire, AWB and James but that's not good enough
e- As the transfer window comes to a close we find buyers for Lukaku and Sanchez but there's no time for us to buy. At this point the manager can decide to either say no and keep unhappy players at the club The manager is unhappy as the squad is ridiculously thin, the board suggest some panic buys most of whom are not achievable (Dybala) only to end up buying no one. Both the manager and the owners decide to dig their heels till January and then spend the money then
f- the club is hit with injuries and bad form due to fatigue. January transfers suddenly come but....the club start messing up on the January window too. Haaland ends up to Dortmund and the club is unwilling to pay too much for Fernandes. Woodward makes it clear that we won't be held at ransom. The manager is desperate as there's no way this squad can hit the targets set. The owners sensing that targets won't be reached decide to cut the losses and keep the money in the bank. Ole will get players but only if the price is right or through loan deals. If he succeeds than that's great. If he fails, well, he gets the sack and they'll 'back' the new manager.

kirk buttercup

Whether its Bruno or not, it's a f*cking joke we look like we won't sign anyone this window.

I'm beginning to think this isn't going to happen. Surely it'd of happened by now.
This has all the signs of ending up like Fellani . We are going to panic buy and pay over the odds again . The problem is on so many levels , Owners that are Leeches , Woodward is a joke , Manager out of his depth and a squad full of bang average at best players . This squad cost more than Liverpool if the panel on BT are to be believed last night , And they look like a midtable team at best

DBT85

Lets be honest about it, all of us have been calling for this squad of mediocre underachievers to be culled, and we all want to see that continue, and Solskjaer is absolutely doing that, but he is not responsible for the utter failure of the club to sign quality replacements.
Solskjaer's fault is his timidity and not creating a rumpus when the club are failing to deliver.
Not creating a public rumpus maybe. But nobody should be shocked at that. He models himself on Fergie and I don't recall Fergie getting all pissy in public if he didn't get what he wanted.

It also doesn;t help the club in the press and if he's going to go by the mantra he seems to be setting out, that kind of behaviour is the last thing he wants to put out publicly.

zenith

Ole has got to pressure the board into action here. The passive attitude to this transfer is killing me.

This is the type of deal that is so much simpler than some of the others. The club wants to sell, it's desperate for money, the player wants to come, he's been scouted for months now.

Come on you idiotic clown Woodward, pull your thumb out of your arse and get this done.

Jinn

When did I make stuff up? All I was saying is Lukaku was sold in last 2 days of the market. In the last 2 days he was still a United player, and he was still under contract, and we failed to secure any replacement for him during the summer. Why did we let him go then in the dying minutes of the market knowing fully well he wouldn't be replaced as there was no more time to search for a replacement. We could have always forced him to stay for 1 more season and he would have to play, no more options for him. Cancel the deal and sell him next summer, much better than entering the season with such options. Not all players get their wish of leaving instantly. Pogba wanted to leave the last 2 summers and he's still here. Hazard had wanted to leave Chelsea for years and only got his wish last summer. The club is in full control as long as players are under contract so saying "but he wanted to leave" as an excuse for letting him go without replacement doesn't make sense for me. We know he wouldn't get replaced and still let him go anyway.

Beside have we really been in the market for any top striker? Only striker we were interested in was Mandzukic, 34 years old, who wasn't going to be anything here more than a backup. All evidences point to the fact that Ole was content with Rashford and Martial as options, and wanted to sell Lukaku and get short term backup option. When he failed to get him he still had no problems agreeing on Lukaku sale in the dying minutes of the market. Otherwise why did not we keep him? Since when the club chooses the options for transfers and not the managers at United? Ed always leaves the targets and choices for the manager. He sucks in negotiating deals but he doesn't put the list of players chosen himself.

Yes it's hindsight, but for us, however it's the duty of the manager to analyze every possible outcome and has a better and longer sight vision than some fans on internet. He should have analyzed which would have been better, spending another season with Smalling while reinforcing the attack and midfield or spending 130m on defense alone while leaving the attack and defense to dry. If he isn't the one to do such analysis then who would? And if he did then he took the wrong choice, obviously. He has to live and die with his choices.

I like Ole as a person, he's a decent block and a lovely guy, but he has been unfortunately a terrible manager here from every single perspective. His management of injuries, his organization of transfer window and targets, his tactics and boring football, his quotes and pressers. Even the young players thing he only plays 2 of them regularly (Greenwood and Williams) while preferring the likes of Lingard ahead of Gomes, at least LvG was playing shite ton of youngsters while having an injury crisis. Nothing in his short reign will be worth noting few years from now on. He hasn't put a base for anything and the next manager will find a team that has no football style or identity and needs ton of money to compete after what we had done in the full summer Ole got.

Yes we have other different problems in the club and yes the next manager might fail but doesn't change anything from the fact that Ole is another big problem. Both aren't related.

The real question to be asked is if we miraculously get a better board and get a top class squad over the night will anyone trust Ole then to lead them to glory? I guess the answer on such question is gonna be obvious for most here. He wasn't even on the list of anyone to replace the previous manager before he got the interim job.
Maybe Lukaku and Sanchez were the virus that everybody was talking of. The ones with the bad attitude. Based on plenty of articles recently i'm quite confident Lukaku was one of them. Possibly letting him go or not trying to convince him to stay was the best option. You cannot compare the situation of Pogba with Lukaku. Pogba's reason for leaving (in my opinion) is because of the bad press he is getting and of course the whole Mourinho thing. Lukaku, just didn't want to be here (apparently from his second day at the club). It's much easier convincing a guy who wants to leave for the wrong reasons to stay.

I don't know if we were in the market for more strikers. I don't believe everything written in the press.
On the contrary, i don't think the Sanchez deal was Mourinho's decision, it seemed to me that he was persuaded into accepting that we are going to buy him. Are we believing everything that Ed briefs the press now? No manager at Man Utd will admit that a player was not his choice, if it wasn't.

Saying that someone made the wrong choice is easy, isn't it? Yes, leaders live and die by the choices they make.
That scenario you mentioned about no football identity and tons of money required, etc. Isn't that the very same situation that Ole walked into when Mourinho took his money and ran? Mourinho, the all conquering genius from Portugal who couldn't do any better than the unconquering simpleton from Norway! and please don't bring up his 1st season, because it's were you finish is what counts.

You make it sound as if i'm defending Ole's coaching/managing abilities. I'm not, i'm defending the man and his motives.

AshRK

The squad became in far worse shape with less options and worse quality after a full summer of Ole and 150m spent. His 3 signings bar AWB have been average to awful as well. If you think the previous managers didn't deserve more money then Ole doesn't deserve either. He got a very good squad that finished 2nd the previous season and gave him the job via the great honeymoon period and totally fecked it up in one year. If you are blaming Woodward for the summer business then he should be blamed for the previous markets too. You can't even give credit to Ole for the incomings because, again bar AWB, they haven't improved the team by 1 inch. So according to your own logic, Ole shouldn't get a cent till he's sacked in summer to avoid more terrible transfers and fecking up with the team.
Do you even realize this squad is so thin that no manager can make it a title winning team. Poch won't make some of these bunch into world class players. On one hand we want deadwood to be let go but when Ole does that and wants replacement you say no he should not get. WHat kind of weird logic. For one second forget about Ole and think for the club, don't you think the club needs massive reinforcement to succeed. This whole idea of let Ole not buy anyone till he is sacked is as lame as it gets. Either sack him now or back him with new players.

Jinn

I think Ole being the inexperienced manager he is got caught in the oldest football trick in the world

a- unlike most managers who come in summer, Ole had all the time in the world to assess the squad and make plans for the summer. By May he would have had a well defined plan which was then delivered to Woodward
b- Woodward read the plan and he completely supported it. However there's a bit of a problem. The wage bill is ridiculously high thus we can only buy if we sell.
c- Ole agrees to get rid of the high earners. Sanchez and Lukaku are goners, Herrera is asking too much so he's leaving too and we don't need Smalling if we're adding Maguire. We also got rid of Fellaini in January. That's a plus as well. Players are told to pack their stuff. If the club find a decent buyer then they're out. Most are happy with that. This club is going nowhere.
d- the club gets his time to get rid of those players. Meanwhile it also takes it time to bring players in because 'we need to sell first'. Days becomes weeks and then months. We sign Maguire, AWB and James but that's not good enough
e- As the transfer window comes to a close we find buyers for Lukaku and Sanchez but there's no time for us to buy. At this point the manager can decide to either say no and keep unhappy players at the club The manager is unhappy as the squad is ridiculously thin, the board suggest some panic buys most of whom are not achievable (Dybala) only to end up buying no one. Both the manager and the owners decide to dig their heels till January and then spend the money then
f- the club is hit with injuries and bad form due to fatigue. January transfers suddenly come but....the club start messing up on the January window too. Haaland ends up to Dortmund and the club is unwilling to pay too much for Fernandes. Woodward makes it clear that we won't be held at ransom. The manager is desperate as there's no way this squad can hit the targets set. The owners sensing that targets won't be reached decide to cut the losses and keep the money in the bank. Ole will get players but only if the price is right or through loan deals. If he succeeds than that's great. If he fails, well, he gets the sack and they'll 'back' the new manager.
Agree with all of that.

Scholsey2004

If we don't sign anyone in January then it's transparently because the club have decided to replace Ole imo. I hope not because once again the owners and Ed Woodward will have passed their own failures onto another manager and the cycle will begin again.

Swearing Budgie

If Bruno watched that shite last night surely he would decide to go elsewhere. Not a joke. If you are surrounded by crap and playing with no tactics, surely you will not be successful.

Yeah Bruno mate - come to United and destroy your career.

el3mel

Maybe Lukaku and Sanchez were the virus that everybody was talking of. The ones with the bad attitude. Based on plenty of articles recently i'm quite confident Lukaku was one of them. Possibly letting him go or not trying to convince him to stay was the best option. You cannot compare the situation of Pogba with Lukaku. Pogba's reason for leaving (in my opinion) is because of the bad press he is getting and of course the whole Mourinho thing. Lukaku, just didn't want to be here (apparently from his second day at the club). It's much easier convincing a guy who wants to leave for the wrong reasons to stay.

I don't know if we were in the market for more strikers. I don't believe everything written in the press.
On the contrary, i don't think the Sanchez deal was Mourinho's decision, it seemed to me that he was persuaded into accepting that we are going to buy him. Are we believing everything that Ed briefs the press now? No manager at Man Utd will admit that a player was not his choice, if it wasn't.

Saying that someone made the wrong choice is easy, isn't it? Yes, leaders live and die by the choices they make.
That scenario you mentioned about no football identity and tons of money required, etc. Isn't that the very same situation that Ole walked into when Mourinho took his money and ran? Mourinho, the all conquering genius from Portugal who couldn't do any better than the unconquering simpleton from Norway! and please don't bring up his 1st season, because it's were you finish is what counts.

You make it sound as if i'm defending Ole's coaching/managing abilities. I'm not, i'm defending the man and his motives.
Sanchez deserved to go and he was useless anyway, I don't have much problem with that, but for Lukaku we didn't need to convince him. If the market ends with him being a United player he won't have much option except shutting up and playing for his own good. Would have been much better handling him during the season then selling him the next one than not having options at all.

Yes, it was what was expected from Mourinho and LVG too, to apply a successful style and good football identity and ultimately they couldn't, LvG applied his terrible style and Mourinho really doesn't have a certain philosophy in his play. it doesn't mean Ole isn't to be blamed for failing himself to install any kind of identity or style in our play. This thing is out of board's hand. They deal with the transfer business and players negotiation, but the team's style of play is on the manager. Many teams with far less quality and money in the league looks more cohesive in their play than us. I'm not asking him to win the league, just to have a cohesive style and manages his players better. If we have an obvious style and players are the ones making individual mistakes people will me more patient.

I don't doubt that Ole cares about and loves the club, but unfortunately he's just a poor manager and his continuous defending and shielding the blame from the blame doesn't really help his case unfortunately. He doesn't need to attack them in public, no manager does but at the same time he doesn't have to come at every instant to say he's very well backed and the choices are up to him etc if this isn't really the truth. If it's the truth then it's shame.

Anyway, I think we're starting to take this way off topic. People might start to get irritated. :D We can agree to disagree or have this discussion in other thread about Ole.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
A bit hilarious that as all Sporting have been trying to do is sell sell sell him. Like all January long.
So now they tell poor Bruno to hand in that request. To gather some traction in the "press"/on the interwebs most likely. What a farce.

Art Vandelay

Tevez mentioned as loan deal now. Next we will ask Carrick back.
Why would we even entertain the thought of that cretinous scumbag coming back here? He'd be looking to move closer to Argentina after a week. Closer to Argentina being Everton or wherever will offer him more money/a signing on fee.

SamVimes

This was never going to happen.

I am hoping this is because Mauricio Pochettino is line to take over and they do not want to waste the money on players he does not want. At least this is what I hope is the reason.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Agree with most of your comments, but we don't see what happens behind the scenes, perhaps he does create a rumpus there, but in front of the media, how can he create a rumpus! People will then say he losing it, the players will get even twitchier than they are now, the media will have a field day, the Glazers and Woodward could possibly prevent any transfers in. Inside I would think he is fuming about the lack of resources available to him.

redmanc

This doesn't make sense. Andreas has a huge role in the team right now. So much of attacking play goes through him and he messes it up every time.

Putting real quality in that role would make a huge difference. It's literally a necessity for Ole's system to work tbh
It depends how you interpreted what i said, it makes plenty of sense to me, the club is spiralling out of control its that simple. Though yes i can agree a total lack of squad depth following a terrible summer has left us reliant on players not fit to be a starter, Andreas being one of them.

Full bodied red

If Bruno watched that shite last night surely he would decide to go elsewhere. Not a joke. If you are surrounded by crap and playing with no tactics, surely you will not be successful.

Hear here.

Why come to a club in absolute melt down if there are alternatives ?

Hope I'm wrong, but facts are facts.

Theo88

Financial failure is the only thing that will get these guys interested in reinvesting in this team. The club is doing fine. Sponsors and endorsements are coming in and business as usual.

For now we're sh*tting dallars for our American overlords. The future can be very bad. Gradually going from the team of Becks, Cristiano, Scholes to the team of Perreira, Lingard and Phil Jones. What an amazing time to be a supporter.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
A bit hilarious that as all Sporting have been trying to do is sell sell sell him. Like all January long.
So now they tell poor Bruno to hand in that request. To gather some traction in the "press"/on the interwebs most likely. What a farce.
I'm not sure to be honest, summer and now this and not just with United. Sporting seems to be acting oddly in their dealings and I think they hope to hang onto him till summer

poleglass red

he's not exactly coming from a successful team as it is, and it's not like there is much demand for him. That's really our only saving grace here on this

Sparky Rhiwabon

I wish we could say that Bruno will be the missing piece of the jigsaw but sadly we appear to have bought the jigsaw from a car boot sale - half the fecking pieces are missing and many of the ones we do have appear to have been chewed by the dog.

Brophs

The One and Only

He's literally at a club where the supporters stormed the training ground, attacked the players and loads of them left the club due to it.

JoaquinJoaquin

The club is at a big low point but it does make me laugh how if there's news that's negative everyone piles in with "Yes that's it, transfers off, we are really a joke of a club." Yet if there's positive news it's "Oh that's an unreliable journalist, the transfer is clearly nowhere near done. We probably haven't even bid for him."
Let's be honest though, If there was ever a time for fans to feel pessimistic it is now. Anyone that has any sort of gripe at the moment is well within their rights to vent.

Shane goodwin

I've got a feeling we're not going to sign anyone in this January transfer window, and it won't be Woodward who takes the blame itll be solskjaer his YES man

Status
Not open for further replies.