Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldanoGraham

We aren't seriously trying to put in a Ballon D'Or add-on are we?

That is embarrassing - we not even going to play in the Champions League for a while......no Utd player is winning BD any year soon......

What kind of moron would try and use this to price chip?

Alabaster Codify7

That is embarrassing - we not even going to play in the Champions League for a while......no Utd player is winning BD any year soon......

If it's true we deserve to be laughed at. We did similar with Martial FIVE YEARS AGO. how many times did we even qualify in those 4-5yrs?

I'm sort of glad teams are now calling us out on bullshit, if this is true

TrebleFan99

If the Glazers aren't willing to spend an extra 5-10M on this deal then they're just killing their golden goose.

All they have to do is walk away from a few more deals because of 5/10/15M pounds and their investment in United will tank.

Would you not rather pay an extra 40M and have 4 solid additions to the squad? The situation United are in warrant that over spending to get deals over the line. The alternative is not buying players and that is not an option if we want to compete.

crossy1686

career ending
What if they know you are so desperate that they can half-ass the job and you are left with a very leaky and unstable roof with no money left to fix it anymore?
The world knows we’re desperate and we’ll be even more desperate come the summer, that issue isn’t going to get any better because we’ve waited 6 months. If you think we’re over paying now, wait until you see what we get quoted in the summer for players.
But you know what, as long as we’ve got a big pile of cash sitting in our bank account everything will work out just fine.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I find the comparisons between this deal and a new home/used car as wrong. I mean, if you don't buy your dream house because you don't want to meet the price then tough, you go back home. Same with a second car. You still own a car or at least you're wise enough to make sure that you are living in an area with good public transport before selling your own car.

United aren't in that situation. The squad is at its bare bones, key players are injured, we have no choice but playing players who are carrying injuries/ are tired and the January window will soon close. If we don't buy anyone then we risk

a- we don't make it to the CL
b- that we rush players in with the risk of them picking career threatening injuries.

That would cost us way more then the rumoured 10m we're trying to spare.

If Woodward wanted to play this game then he could

a- kept Herrera and possibly Fellaini with United. That would allow the club to revert to those players if we're not able to buy new players
b- he should have bought 1-2 midfielders during the summer

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What if they know you are so desperate that they can half-ass the job and you are left with a very leaky and unstable roof with no money left to fix it anymore?
Then in that case the owner should sell the property as its evident that he can't afford it anymore. Its pointless keeping a property with a very leaky and unstable roof with no money left to fix it + no idea how to properly maintain the place.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This is all bollocks like I said days ago. He is not going to be signed if we were serious it would have been done way earlier

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This is all bollocks like I said days ago. He is not going to be signed if we were serious it would have been done way earlier
Transfer King over here.
Why don’t you do the deal for us?
It’s not FM you know

Judas

Open to offers
It's obviously not all bollocks, but yes at this point it seems very unlikely. Even if it happens, we still look like mugs for dragging it out this long, but at least we'd get the player.

DoomSlayer

Then in that case the owner should sell the property as its evident that he can't afford it anymore. Its pointless keeping a property with a very leaky and unstable roof with no money left to fix it + no idea how to properly maintain the place.
I agree with that.

crossy1686

career ending

Well I think that's down to their negotiation stance. If they're saying he's a future world class player, hence the price, we've got every right to say that we'll pay them more in that case should he win it if that's what they're implying.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’ll sign him. Even if it’s for £75m on deadline day, we’ll get this done.

Fridge chutney

My interpretation is that Woodward will fire Ole over the next few months and doesn't want to commit funds that would otherwise go to Pochettino, who I believe the club will bring in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We all said the same about maguire tbh, then right at the last minute we caved. I suspect the same will happen again.

Theo88

My interpretation is that Woodward will fire Ole over the next few months and doesn't want to commit funds that would otherwise go to Pochettino, who I believe the club will bring in.
Why would someone like Pochetino opt in to this shit storm really. The quality of this squad is comparable to Wolves and WestHam right now. Yah we have injuries well guess what if you have a paper thin team that tends to happen. Plus Pogba is probably a goner. Would Pochetino really join to coach teenagers and JLingzzz?

joedirt87

Pochettino went after Fernandes in the summer, so if we are talking to Poch about taking over next year, getting this deal done could still make sense. It's been said Sporting are going to sell him in the Summer (would be three windows that we hear this now) and given that it's a tournament year you can bet Sporting will want to hold on to him in the event of a good Euro performance. We've got another long summer of Bruno to United rumors ahead of us.

Ballist1x

I believe that we keep putting winning the CL clauses in these contracts amongst stupid items like ballon dor...

Just no chance of it being achieved.

Goals/appearance based objectives should do for us. We need goals.

theklr

Demand and Supply.
We are in a desperate situation and Sporting know it.
Yeah, but so are they. Seeing they are in financial difficulties and Bruno wants to go.

Both clubs are trying to take advantage of the other club’s desperation, I guess thats why its so messi.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Well I think that's down to their negotiation stance. If they're saying he's a future world class player, hence the price, we've got every right to say that we'll pay them more in that case should he win it if that's what they're implying.
We've only had four winners in our entire history. Only one of those recently. As clauses go it's beyond unlikely to pay out.

SuperQuinton

If there is a balloon d'Or clause, isn't that more likely to be part of the tit-for-tat of negotiations? Their manager keeps saying he's the best in the league, generational talent etc, so maybe United have said,
'if you rate him that highly, you'll surely understand us having an extra £2m clause for winning the balloon d'Or, right?'

Sporting then either say 'yes, he's amazing and could well win it. Lovely clause.

Or they could refuse it as unrealistic, which in turn weakens their argument that he's super-amazing and worth 70m.

I know everyone likes to trash the club, but these people have enough experience to know how to conduct a transfer.

poleglass red

Took my son to get his hair cut, walked in and barber had Bruno Mars playing on radio. It's on, that has to be a sign, right....

Status
Not open for further replies.