Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Red

Not that arsed about this tbh he's not worth the cash Sporting are demanding simple as. For that amount of money you get a proven star or some wonderkid, Bruno is neither and there are big question marks on whether he'll be able to adapt to the league, you dont spend that much on a risky buy.
Only people who are clueless about football think this is risky though.
The guy is class. End of.

SuperiorXI

Nope, but they're looking to us as their financial saviours. There are other players out there we could sign, it doesn't appear anyone else is after Bruno Fernandes, though.
We should be looking at other targets, really. It's negotiation tactics 101, don't make them think you only have one target.

I'd bet if there wasn't so much noise about Fernandes and we were looking at signing a few midfielders, Sporting would be foaming at the mouth at 45m.

theklr

It's so childish, they want to sell & we want to buy, it's a simple negotiation, like buying a house or a second hand car.
And you would have no problem spending a few thousand grand extra even if you possibly could get it cheaper right?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
While I'm not best pleased by our nickle and dime dog and pony show over this proposed transfer, I'm also inclined to tell Sporting that their financial shithousery isn't our problem and we're not responsible for bailing them out of a bad situation of their own making.
Speaks more about our board's incompetence tbf.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And you would have no problem spending a few thousand grand extra even if you possibly could get it cheaper right?
If the alternative is to sleep in a house without a roof then yes. Do you know how cold manchester is? Ole is slowly turning into gollum with all these problems

cyberman

there are many conflicting stories to this, you have decided the United version is correct
Wait, whats actually conflicting that has Utd the bad guys here? Plus what even is the Utd version? Was there a press release

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Have you ever brought a second hand car or house before?

If you have a willing buyer & a willing seller, the buyer goes up a bit and the seller goes down a bit and they meet in the middle somewhere. If the seller is adamant about the value, and has other buyers waiting, then they say, no thanks this buyer will pay me more. By the same token, if the buyer is adamant that they want to buy, then they will pay a little bit more to secure the purchase, or if not, they will walk away and start looking at other cars/houses.

In the case of a car, it tales a few minutes a house may take a few days. This sort of 'Mexican standoff ' is just pathetic and pretty much sums up the football industry.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
there are many conflicting stories to this, you have decided the United version is correct
I don't think so. It's widely reported that there are sketchy issues as to the ownership of his registration, sell on clauses with previous clubs and that Sporting are in a bit of a financial pickle.

Bruno is their most valuable and most liquid asset. It's understandable that they'd try and get as much as they can for him but United are under no obligation to balance their books and there are no other buyers so Sporting lack leverage.

clarkydaz

Wait, whats actually conflicting that has Utd the bad guys here? Plus what even is the Utd version? Was there a press release
Many versions, its hard to keep up;
a price was agreed around 55m. United dropped it to 42m as they are weak financially
United value him at 50m and wont go above that. Sporting want 80m
considering we publicly stated he wasnt a target in the summer and 6 months later we are crawling back for him I tend not to believe stories about United being the wronged party now. Too much spin comes out of the club now, they cant keep up themselves

Joseunited

Yesterday the deal was off, today looking a little more optimistic with these new reports of Bruno kicking up a fuss and us upping our bid by £4.2m.So tomorrow we should seal the transfer...Right?

Ballist1x

Yesterday the deal was off, today looking a little more optimistic with these new reports of Bruno kicking up a fuss and us upping our bid by £4.2m.So tomorrow we should seal the transfer...Right?
On a Saturday? Unlikely

theklr

If the alternative is to sleep in a house without a roof then yes. Do you know how cold manchester is? Ole is slowly turning into gollum with all these problems
Problem is though, if you buy a house from Portugal, you dont know if that is warm enough or sturdy enough to withstand the harder English weather. So you are taking a big risk with alot of money, even if it’s the best house in Portugal.

Have you ever brought a second hand car or house before?

If you have a willing buyer & a willing seller, the buyer goes up a bit and the seller goes down a bit and they meet in the middle somewhere. If the seller is adamant about the value, and has other buyers waiting, then they say, no thanks this buyer will pay me more. By the same token, if the buyer is adamant that they want to buy, then they will pay a little bit more to secure the purchase, or if not, they will walk away and start looking at other cars/houses.

In the case of a car, it tales a few minutes a house may take a few days. This sort of 'Mexican standoff ' is just pathetic and pretty much sums up the football industry.
But this is exactly what they are doing, it just take alot more time because the money and risk involved is so much higher.
You can always fix a used car or house if it doesnt work. A bit harder with players.

DoomSlayer

If I was fecking desperate for a roof over my head I'd pay them whatever they wanted
What if they know you are so desperate that they can half-ass the job and you are left with a very leaky and unstable roof with no money left to fix it anymore?

DoomSlayer

Well, yours is a very special kind of hatred toward Ole so I get it. You need to vent so it gets out of your system. @devilish is supposed to be the more old school level-headed poster.

Maybe we should have a thread where every poster can just express their pure frustration at anyone involved with the club, so we can carry on and have more normal debates in the other topics? Just a suggestion.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Even if we are haggling over the price why does it take so long. Surely the conversation can only take a couple of hours.
I think Ed thinks he is clever by "waiting to see who blinks first". Meanwhile we're busy throwing away out chances of top four on the pitch.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
But this is exactly what they are doing, it just take alot more time because the money and risk involved is so much higher.
You can always fix a used car or house if it doesnt work. A bit harder with players.
You still don;t get it, if we think this guy is the answer to our midfield issues, then we should just buy him, if not, move on.

devilish

Can the manager be criticised without these disgusting remarks? It's so unnecessary to say stuff like that. Do you feel better when you do it?
It was meant as a joke mate. Lighten up. Actually it's more of a jab to the club then the manager. If the club keeps selling him players without replacing them then no wonder he will consider each player as his precious

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We're running out of time to buy the other 5 targets needed by Ole.

DoomSlayer

It was meant as a joke mate. Lighten up. Actually it's more of a jab to the club then the manager. If the club keeps selling him players without replacing them then no wonder he will consider each player as his precious
You are always smart in doing your sly remarks, I'll give you that. :lol:

devilish

You are always smart in doing your sly remarks, I'll give you that. :lol:
It really wasn't a sly remark. I am firmly anti ole but even I find the way the club is treating him as disgusting. Ffs if we keep this pace of selling without buying he won't have any midfielders left. Even Sir Alex would struggle in such circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.