Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Poor Bruno. He wanted the move for over a year and he’s still stuck in Portugal. Poor showing from Sporting who has been playing hard ball and not granting his move but I can understand he’s their biggest asset

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The other side of that, is if Sporting are unwilling to agree to a Balon D'Or winning clause, how to they justify charging a Balon D'Or winning fee?
When was the last time the Balon d'or was won by a player in a mid table quality team with a non existent manager at its helm?

Also the likes of prime Messi or prime ronaldo are worth more them 55m

Squirt

This has been one of the most tedious transfer sagas ever, bored!

SweetRightFoot

Can't believe we won't get this over the line.

Feels like we've been mugged off by Dead Woodward & Matt Fudge for a whole year now. The worst thing is, it looks like Bruno has been mugged off too. Accepting a lower wage contract last year as he thought he was on his way out, handing in transfer requests, losing his temper at the move stalling.

Just pay the f*cking money. We are DESPERATE for reinforcements!

Redcy

Can't believe we won't get this over the line.

Feels like we've been mugged off by Dead Woodward & Matt Fudge for a whole year now. The worst thing is, it looks like Bruno has been mugged off too. Accepting a lower wage contract last year as he thought he was on his way out, handing in transfer requests, losing his temper at the move stalling.

Just pay the f*cking money. We are DESPERATE for reinforcements!
did you not see lingard at the weekend? Give him an extension, like a new player. We have players chomping at the bit to come in.

red4ever 79

How many of those could you buy for £55M? Can we have KDB please?
I must have misunderstood your question sorry. I thought you were asking how many midfielders had gone for that money. I dont think 60m eur is expensive for Bruno. Obviously Ed seems to think it is and the club wont finance that

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Poor Bruno. He wanted the move for over a year and he’s still stuck in Portugal. Poor showing from Sporting who has been playing hard ball and not granting his move but I can understand he’s their biggest asset
They have their asking price, which is reasonable, and we refuse to meet it. How is it a poor showing from them? He's a Sporting Lisbon player and he signed a contract with them. It's up to them whether they choose to sell or not.

The asking price is £55m, the player wants to come, it's United who are doing the fecking around with the £42.5m shit.

cyberman

They have their asking price, which is reasonable, and we refuse to meet it. How is it a poor showing from them? He's a Sporting Lisbon player and he signed a contract with them. It's up to them whether they choose to sell or not.
Feck off is it reasonable.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Feck off is it reasonable.
The arrogance of this. The mighty United come in for a player so it's little Sporting's obligation to accept what we deem he is worth. They have their price, we aren't paying it. Don't blame Sporting, blame Ed and the Glazers.

£55m is reasonable. Unless you believe the United PR machine £80m shit.

Zlatattack

I feel sorry for Fernandes. He's been mugged off by the club he showed so much loyalty too. Ought to go on strike.

lsd

The Oracle

The asking price is £55m, the player wants to come, it's United who are doing the fecking around with the £42.5m shit.

It is nowhere near reasonable and they know it . No one else would meet that price so why should Utd ?

I'm delighted we are finally playing hardball with clubs over silly prices and pyre greed on their part .

If we miss out on players as a result off their greed fine . I'd rather that than continue to throw money down the drain

cyberman

The arrogance of this. The mighty United come in for a player so it's little Sporting's obligation to accept what we deem he is worth. They have their price, we aren't paying it. Don't blame Sporting, blame Ed and the Glazers.
Theres a difference between this post and saying the fee is reasonable.
Literally nobody will touch him at that price, if this is reasonable then explain what expensive would be.
The only people on this earth who thinks its a decent price is panicky Utd fans with an axe to grind against the board.
Feck we had a Sporting fan on here say its understandable we wont pay the price because hes not worth it.
but, whatever.. Arrogance etc

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Literally nobody will touch him at that price, if this is reasonable then explain what expensive would be.
The only people on this earth who thinks its a decent price is panicky Utd fans with an axe to grind against the board.
Feck we had a Sporting fan on here say its understandable we wont pay the price because hes not worth it.
I have never seen the kid play, so I don't know how good he is. My point is he has a contract with Sporting, he is "worth" whatever they say he is. If you're selling your car and the buyer is offering well below your asking price should you sell it to him cheap because he thinks the car is worth nowhere near what you're asking for? It's up to us whether we accept their asking price or not, clearly the attempts to negotiate it are falling flat. Maybe we'll wait til the summer to see if they lower their asking price, who knows.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol: oh god. If that ends up happening, Ed and Judge should be binned - not that I believe it. Probably yet another negotiating tactic.

Bestofthebest

It is nowhere near reasonable and they know it . No one else would meet that price so why should Utd ?

I'm delighted we are finally playing hardball with clubs over silly prices and pyre greed on their part .

If we miss out on players as a result off their greed fine . I'd rather that than continue to throw money down the drain
I agree with your comments except for the following observation.

I am fine with not being mugged off on prices but if that is the case why are we still hanging around there like a bad smell. We should have walked at the first hint of the price being unreasonable.

I think it is more likely Ed is messing this up on purpose so he can say he really tried to get Bruno but couldn’t manage it in time. That would also explain why he didn’t sign anyone else either. Extra bonus from Glazers for saving them money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

This is slightly worrying, but I hold hope it's just a tactic.

el3mel

I feel sorry for Fernandes. He's been mugged off by the club he showed so much loyalty too. Ought to go on strike.
Why should the club care about player's feeling more than money, considering the fact the player wants to leave anyway so much for "loyalty"?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United have had plenty of time to wrap this deal up.
If we lose out then its all on the club.

Alabaster Codify7

I can see him simply joining Valencia, the Barcelona bit makes no sense really. They don't need him.

I think we can safely say this is dead and so is the rest of our season. Well done to Ed and co for pulling the wool over the fans' eyes again.

pascell

Why should the club care about player's feeling more than money, considering the fact the player wants to leave anyway so much for "loyalty"?
Considering he couldve signed for another club for free the other season due to a breach of contract from Sporting but deciding to sign a new one, I'd say they owe him a big move at least.

Doesn't reflect good on Sporting either if they can't treat their players well.

el3mel

Considering he couldve signed for another club for free the other season due to a breach of contract from Sporting but deciding to sign a new one, I'd say they owe him a big move at least.

Doesn't reflect good on Sporting either if they can't treat their players well.
If one of their best players is leaving and the club has financial troubles, it's logical they will try to benefit as much as possible from a deal that they might not be able to do with any of their other players.

Castia

Its not like they’re asking for ridiculous money though is it? £55m in this market (similar fee to Fred) for a goal scoring midfielder who’s bagged 45 goals in 18 months seems reasonable.

Id actually be worried if he’s not worth that much and nobody wants him then why are we in for him? Is it yet another failure of a transfer waiting to happen?

lsd

The Oracle

This is slightly worrying, but I hold hope it's just a tactic.

If he goes to Barcelona it will be for around 40 million so why should we pay more than other clubs would ?

talking robot

The upside of this transfer falling through is that it will accelerate fan mobilization in trying to get the Glazers and Woodward out. If there are no transfers on Friday, I'm honestly excited to see what the atmosphere at Old Trafford will be like on Saturday (and the rest of the season).

A9X SJ

Feel sorry for the lad he should have jumped ship like the rest of them when fans stormed the dressing room.

Would like to have seen him at Old Trafford to bolster the squad but it’s been dragged out so long there if possibly no truth in it at all.

Here’s hoping thou

Reactions: Cheimoon
Status
Not open for further replies.