Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Seems like there might be something to the Barca deal with the reports of him then being loaned to Valencia for the rest of the season because it could also be part of the deal that sees rodrigo going to barca?
That would be the concern but also could be what's making nonsense seem plausible.

0le

You have to feel for the player. He puts in great numbers, has a clause in his early contract to help him get a new club, even removes that clause and still Sporting can't seem to negotiate a deal for him.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Seems like there might be something to the Barca deal with the reports of him then being loaned to Valencia for the rest of the season because it could also be part of the deal that sees rodrigo going to barca?
And there is what makes this look stupid. Theyd be paying around €70m for a player that theyd send on loan to another club, so they could in turn buy one of their players for €xxM. Why the hell would they do that instead of just offering more for Rodrigo?

Think about that

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I'm hoping the Barca story is true and they sign him, will once and for all put an end to this boring Bruno saga and be a slap in the face for Ed and Utd on how to not conduct your transfer dealings.
Ed doesn't give a feck if this is true or not.
He's been NOT conducting dealings for a number of transfer windows but just feeding us hope and playing about with the media as a tool.

Crustanoid

Whereas Spurs lose Erikson and move within hours to make Lo Celso permanent, and are buying Bergjwin who will probably be wrapped up in days.

Ed needs to feck off now

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Whereas Spurs lose Erikson and move within hours to make Lo Celso permanent, and are buying Bergjwin who will probably be wrapped up in days.

Ed needs to feck off now
We sold young and we brought a or person in

No Love

Only a matter of time before protests start outside carrington.
Even at that, I don’t feel like his position is even remotely under threat. I could be wrong, mind you. My overarching feeling is that he’s fairly comfortable and even the growing dissent amongst the fans isn’t severe enough to remove him from his lofty position.

RedCurry

Just had a look at Valencia's incoming transfers for 2019/2020 season. They bought 7 players in the summer with combined transfer fee of over 80m Euros. A possibility is that Barca is just helping Valencia circumvent FFP and Bruno will never play for Barca. Question is what does Barca gain out of it if that's the case. Maybe it's just Mendes pulling favors, he's quite renowned do that.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Even at that, I don’t feel like his position is even remotely under threat. I could be wrong, mind you. My overarching feeling is that he’s fairly comfortable and even the growing dissent amongst the fans isn’t severe enough to remove him from his lofty position.
The only thing that will change anything is if the fans stopped purchasing tickets, season tickets, merchandise etc. Hit them where it hurts the most - if the money stops coming in, they know changes would need to be made.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Ed's had plenty of time and opportunity to wrap this up, now it's time for him to step aside and leave it to the big boys.

Rajat Jain

Still feel that the interest is fake, it seems so hurried and opportunistic where a 25-26 year old will play on loan at Valencia (a mid table club like United) for next season and then join Barca.
Honestly thinking from Bruno's perspective, he has no reason to be interested in such a deal. Just a haggling tactic from the player or Sporting to get the best price for their one and only bet to solve a financial crisis which is understandable. Would bet a million on him definitely not joining Barcelona.

Zoo

Again not making nearly any progress after a month of negotiations...
Read the last paragraph on the next tweet. It says Varandas is ready to accept but if this Barca stuff is true he could still increase his demands.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
........................and if i were Bruno i'd jump at any other offer from any other team and get rid of our pathetic club.

MiracleInMadrid

Ed doesn't give a feck if this is true or not.
He's been NOT conducting dealings for a number of transfer windows but just feeding us hope and playing about with the media as a tool.
Part of me want's to see this happen. Only for it to be the strongest testament to date of our incompetence when it comes to planning and executing transfers. We were paperthin after the summer window, which was only underlined during the first half of the season. Ole has publicly decleared that we need players both in quality and quantity, he's also been backed to be the long-term solution. And THEN, we spend the entire january window chasing Bruno making us look like clowns whether we sign him or not.

If this does not make the right people realise that we are a sinking ship, then nothing will.

mu4c_20le

Sporting unsure if they can get the 10-15m in bonuses due to CL participation. Understandable. Let's see if they are happy with 0 instead.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sporting unsure if they can get the 10-15m in bonuses due to CL participation. Understandable. Let's see if they are happy with 0 instead.
Well they're not happy with 10-15 so go figure.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
And there is what makes this look stupid. Theyd be paying around €70m for a player that theyd send on loan to another club, so they could in turn buy one of their players for €xxM. Why the hell would they do that instead of just offering more for Rodrigo?

Think about that
Because i suspect, if Barca loan them Bruno Fernandes, the Rodrigo deal will be a loan, with a small fee. Relative to what he would cost to buy

In the summer, Barca will then go big on a new striker

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Yeah, I don't really give a shit if we get this done or not. I think, for wrong or right, Ed is trying to reestablish a hard line of negotiation for United after caving into the 80m for Magcuire and many other not so great deals where it felt like we are having to pay a premium in comparison to other clubs.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
They'll find a buyer but it will be us having to be happy with 0. 0 trophies, 0 improvement and perhaps 0 signings.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Young wasn’t playing and was getting slated by fans. Did we expect him to stay
At this point every player counts. We can't keep losing players. On the other hand we could have easily survived without a new PR person on boards

Status
Not open for further replies.