Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikelesh Reddy

I haven’t really seen him play,but I”ve heard a lot of good things about his game.His goalscoring record is phenomenal for an attacking midfielder....I just hope that we can seal this deal,cause we desperately need to sign a midfielder this month...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As with most of our transfers this will drag on a bit

spiriticon

Our negotiations are painful, it's embarrasing that we seem to have all our dirty laundry in public each and every time. It makes me wonder if all this just isn't PR. If we want the player, pay the price.

Go in with a fair offer. Get the deal done and announce it. What we seem to do every time by haggling in public is so unprofessional. I guess Ed wants to show that we're not push overs, but it shows us in a very bad light.

It sticks in my throat, but we need to have done what Liverpool did this window. No fanfare, straight in and sign the player on the opening day of the window. I don't know what we are doing, but it's pitiful.
That is on Ed unfortunately. His biggest mistake was to go public with 'We can do what other clubs dream of in the market' statement. Utter fecking stupidity.

Our transfers automatically tripled in price after that statement and I also reckon any selling club would go public with negotiations to drive our price up even more since we already showed our hand.

TheReligion

Abusive
League having more than 4 teams would prove that wrong too.
Look at Spurs form as they reached the CL final, look at the last 3 months of results from Chelsea and Arsenal as they reached the EL final. The race for top 4 ended up a dud since we all lost every fecking week.
Feck me, if thats the standard that sets us apart then good luck to us. No wonder Liverpool and City are setting records at our expense.
God forbid other leagues would have Vardy, Ings and Abraham move to them, they would really out the foot down then!
The league, with regards to the top 6, is the weakest it's been in a while. Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Spurs are all in transition with new managers and rebuilds. That said below the top 6 teams like Wolves are materialising and the relative strength compared to other leagues is better.

The rest of Europe is facing similar issues by the way which is why your garbage comment is, well, garbage.

Real, Barca, Athletico aren't really flying. Barca just ditched their coach for instance and Madrid are in a love hate relationship with Zidane. In Italy Inter are doing well but the league itself is weak and they are in the Europa League which speaks volumes. Bayern and Dortmund are hit and miss with the former still yet to replace some high profile departures like Robben, Robern etc.

Essentially European football is going through a massive change at the moment with only really Liverpool and City capitalising on it. Anyone half decent could cement their place at the top and this is why I feel despite being a very good team this Liverpool one isn't an all time great. They are just seizing a fantastic opportunity.

But yeah the PL isn't garbage. The success of the national team itself should tell you that much.

Negative Red

It's all beginning to sound a bit too familiar to the summer saga if you ask me. Delaying, penny pinching, more delaying, waiting for Bruno to play against Benfica, waiting for the window to close.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The caf is 100% absolutely desperate to buy. Reckon many here would give them Old Trafford if Sporting asked for it :lol: .

THIS IS THE GUY
Sean Longstaff would be a desperate buy. Bruno would be one of the best transfers we've had in a long time. Spot the difference.

cyberman

The league, with regards to the top 6, is the weakest it's been in a while. Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Spurs are all in transition with new managers and rebuilds. That said below the top 6 teams like Wolves are materialising and the relative strength compared to other leagues is better.

The rest of Europe is facing similar issues by the way which is why your garbage comment is, well, garbage.

Real, Barca, Athletico aren't really flying. Barca just ditched their coach for instance and Madrid are in a love hate relationship with Zidane. In Italy Inter are doing well but the league itself is weak and they are in the Europa League which speaks volumes. Bayern and Dortmund are hit and miss with the former still yet to replace some high profile departures like Robben, Robern etc.

Essentially European football is going through a massive change at the moment with only really Liverpool and City capitalising on it. Anyone half decent could cement their place at the top and this is why I feel despite being a very good team this Liverpool one isn't an all time great. They are just seizing a fantastic opportunity.

But yeah the PL isn't garbage. The success of the national team itself should tell you that much.
You seem obsessed with judging leagues by their top clubs.. Which is clear garbage as you like to say.
Utter nonsense. How many record points winners, best ever second place points total must we witness before we question the quality of the league? Thats 4 records over the last 3 years right? And that could well go again this year.
Plus isnt the fact top sides elsewhere are finding it harder to dominate point you to something?
But then Arsenal beat Kosovo FC so i must be wrong.

spiriticon

Sean Longstaff would be a desperate buy. Bruno would be one of the best transfers we've had in a long time. Spot the difference.
I absolutely cannot wait for this Bruno lad to come in and sweep all the awards next year.

He's probably a decent enough player but the hype in this thread is unreal.

TheReligion

Abusive
You seem obsessed with judging leagues by their top clubs.. Which is clear garbage as you like to say.
Utter nonsense. How many record points winners, best ever second place points total must we witness before we question the quality of the league? Thats 4 records over the last 3 years right? And that could well go again this year.
Plus isnt the fact top sides elsewhere are finding it harder to dominate point you to something?
But then Arsenal beat Kosovo FC so i must be wrong.
Perhaps you didn't take in what I said but footballs elite are all struggling in each league. I believe the likes of Leicester, Wolves, Sheff United are better quality sides than 7-8-9 in Spain, Italy, Germany etc.

I'm not obsessed with anything. This is my first interaction with you on the matter which wouldn't indicate any kind of obsession.

tonnas

Our negotiations are painful, it's embarrasing that we seem to have all our dirty laundry in public each and every time. It makes me wonder if all this just isn't PR. If we want the player, pay the price.

Go in with a fair offer. Get the deal done and announce it. What we seem to do every time by haggling in public is so unprofessional. I guess Ed wants to show that we're not push overs, but it shows us in a very bad light.

It sticks in my throat, but we need to have done what Liverpool did this window. No fanfare, straight in and sign the player on the opening day of the window. I don't know what we are doing, but it's pitiful.
No, pay 60m for Bruno? Thanks God you ar enot involved in finance.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yep the familiar story that we are haggling over the fee only for the transfer to either fall through, or happen with the fee being the same as the fee that was originally mentioned.

Yep the familiar story that we are haggling over the fee only for the transfer to either fall through, or happen with the fee being the same as the fee that was originally mentioned.
When did that happen? Maguire stated at not for sale, then 90m, finished on 80m. AWB started higher and wanted the removal of a clause for Zaha that could be worth 10-15m for us.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not exactly Andreas biggest fan, he's been lucky to play so much as he has this season, but it would be madness to loan him out. We have no idea how quickly Bruno will settle, so making our midfield numbers smaller seems moronic.

cyberman

Perhaps you didn't take in what I said but footballs elite are all struggling in each league. I believe the likes of Leicester, Wolves, Sheff United are better quality sides than 7-8-9 in Spain, Italy, Germany etc.

I'm not obsessed with anything. This is my first interaction with you on the matter which wouldn't indicate any kind of obsession.
No, youre obsessed with European coefficents and how Bayern etc play. Its a trap arguements get caught in. Every poster who get caught up in league v league gets caught up in that. You can see with your well thought out post about co efficents but the detail to the sides outside those top sides amounts to one line about how you just think theyre good. Thats it.
The quality of football has fallen off a cliff in England. Hell it has everywhere. We see it every week.
Our league rarely gives top sides a game anymore. Spurs got top 4 by losing to top sides but beating the rest (until recently)
Anyway, this isnt the thread for this discussion.

JPB

Can't get excited about new signings anymore. For the last 7 years, they just all turn to shit when they join us.

Utdstar01

Would be a stupid move if we sent Andreas there when the idea is to strengthen our squad.

TheReligion

Abusive
No, youre obsessed with European coefficents and how Bayern etc play. Its a trap arguements get caught in. Every poster who get caught up in league v league gets caught up in that. You can see with your well thought out post about co efficents but the detail to the sides outside those top sides amounts to one line about how you just think theyre good. Thats it.
The quality of football has fallen off a cliff in England. Hell it has everywhere. We see it every week.
Our league rarely gives top sides a game anymore. Spurs got top 4 by losing to top sides but beating the rest (until recently)
Anyway, this isnt the thread for this discussion.
I don't disagree that our league standard has dropped but I do feel that has been mirrored throughout Europe and even more so elsewhere hence me taking issue with simply calling the PL garbage. Unless of course you're making the broader point European football in general is garbage? That I can agree with but I'm not prepared to accept that the PL is lagging behind other European leagues.

FrenchRed

Genuinely interested @FrenchRed, would you have given in to Palace and paid 10m extra for AWB and removed the Zaha 25% sell on clause?
Do we really know what they did/didn't ask for in negotiations? As an outsider, we'll never know. For me, we should just get things done, quietly and efficiently, without days and days of the saga being on the back pages.

I can see this ending up with no deal being done, and 'no value in the market'/'we'll not pay over the odds' being rolled out again. It seems that the Execs could take huge lessons from someone like Levy.

Utdstar01

Well, we'd be replacing Pereira with a better player, so technically we are strengthening the squad. But we aren't increasing numbers is the issue.
Strengthening the first XI perhaps but not the squad.

Nori-

Genuinly excited about this transfer. It seems like the guys either scores or assists in almost every game. He'll be a great addition.

The only thing which bugs me is, if we are paying £60/70m which was the original asking price in the summer, why didn't we sign him then? He could have given us a big boost in the first half if this season and we could even have been a few places higher in the League?

Another bad decision by the management in my opinion

jackal&hyde

If it's true that Sporting are buying time to play him against Benfica that is very annoying. Imagine he gets injured. Just let him go ffs.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This Pereira talk is quite clearly Chinese whispers from the press who have mixed up Andreas and Joel Pereira. There's no chance we are looking to strengthen in depth while spending €50m+ and simply swapping a midfielder who has played in the majority of our EPL games this season for a midfielder who has never played in the EPL.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This Pereira talk is quite clearly Chinese whispers from the press who have mixed up Andreas and Joel Pereira. There's no chance we are looking to strengthen in depth while spending €50m+ and simply swapping a midfielder who has played in the majority of our EPL games this season for a midfielder who has never played in the EPL.
Yeah, agreed. We'd have to be mental to swap our number 10 for theirs, we need him for the depth as he'll be a good option there, no question about it.

HowYouDoin

Never watched him play but lets put it this way. His highlights are much better than Madison's or Grealish's highlights. If there isnt really anything missing from his game, its a no brainer.
Sure while highlights arent necessarily the best way to judge a player he does look far better than Madison who is just decent and Grealish who is just above average.

jackal&hyde

Both him and Gomes are media talk imo. It would make no sense from either the club's or the player's perspective.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed, feels like they're just working through the squad to add them in as the next name.

Pereira speaks Portuguese, easy pick. Ole loves him anyway, he won't be going anywhere.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's no way Sporting would want Joel Pereira in return.

They may be desperate but they cant be soo desperate they would want a inexperienced Keeper who has practically failed at every loaned club he's been sent out too.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
For the last 7 years we've been dragging on with these type of transfers.
It leaves me breathless. :(

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doesn't seem logical for us to get rid of Ole's main man when Pogba's been unfit, as questionable as he might be long term.
He may not be a brilliant footballer but his passion for United is unquestionable, it'd be a shame to lose that at a difficult time in our season.

spiriticon

If it's a like-for-like swap what about giving them Juan Mata? Assuming of course Juan is up for it.

Pereira's quite important to us at the moment so it's not a good time to let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.