Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Haha yeah, I knew you were....just felt I needed to point o

Haha yeah, I knew....it was more for the previous poster....that’s been one of my big bears for yonks!
I think you mean bugbear?

Unless you are taking about big hairy bears of course

Skills

Snitch
He simply has to be an upgrade on what we have. We need something
Well that was the thinking behind Maguire. If you're going to have to soon upgrade your £80m "upgrade" then it'll once again look like a shocking signing somewhere down the line.

No Love

Knowing are luck we'll win the CL and he'll win the ballon d'or and we'll have to pay the whole lot!! Just useless Ed.
Good Lord. You’re probably trolling, but c’mon.. If he won the Ballon d’Or and we won the Champions League then he would be more than worth the total rumoured fee, after add ons. In fact, it would be probably be considered one of the most pivotal signings in the Club’s history.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He simply has to be an upgrade on what we have. We need something
He needs to be more than that. Otherwise you will be back in the market in 6 months looking for an upgrade on him. He simply needs to be of the level required to help us achieve what we want. There are only two levels. Good enough and not good enough. If you fall into not good enough, then he can have the consolation perhaps of winning the ‘Bruno, Mata, Lingard or Pereira’ argument, but it does little for us.

Suv666

Hope he turns out okay been burned so many times I cant really get excited about new signings.

ShinjiNinja26

Well that was the thinking behind Maguire. If you're going to have to soon upgrade your £80m "upgrade" then it'll once again look like a shocking signing somewhere down the line.
I don’t think Maguire’s been bad signing tbh, think it’s more the fact he’s playing in a average team under a poor manager. I think with better players around him it would be a different story. There’s something currently wrong at the club, it’s no coincidence that everyone we’ve signed in recent years has either stayed the same level or got worse, we’re not improving them, their not all just bad players. Hopefully Bruno doesn’t go the same way.

Saf94

Anyone who thinks Maguire isn’t an upgrade on Smalling has got to be faking it or have insanely short term memory

Betson

I think ability will be no issue with this lad but there is no way of answering how he will adapt to the premiership until we see him try. We have seen so many coming over and fail to adapt , hopefully he is one of the few that takes to life over here like a duck to water , we could sure do with an injection of quality.

MrBest

During April we have a set of favourable fixtures, Fernandes Pogba Mctominay Fred Matic as our midfield all of a sudden looks good assuming they can all stay fit. This signing could very well save our season. Saying that, i still feel we need 2 more, especially a striker.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Never seen him play but looks decent on Youtube :lol::lol:
Its the Portugese league so feck knows how he will do in the prem. Hopefully not another Mkhi or Kagawa.
I initially likened him to those two in the summer. Mata, too. With them, outside of the impressive stats they got for Dortmund and Chelsea, I was never impressed with their general play and was like the only one on here against signing Mkhi and Mata especially, and it's the same with Bruno. Great stats, the occasional nice pass, but, for me, just flatters to deceive in general.

MetoTTT

I think ability will be no issue with this lad but there is no way of answering how he will adapt to the premiership until we see him try. We have seen so many coming over and fail to adapt , hopefully he is one of the few that takes to life over here like a duck to water , we could sure do with an injection of quality.
This. Attitude and work rate will be no issue either.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hope somebody tells him to put some thick socks on. Bit chilly in Manchester this time of year :D

Okey

Sigh... Thankfully it's getting done, barring some spectacular feckery. So much drama all window over just one player is depressing, considering we need 2 or 3. I wonder if they've been working on anything else. Cos it's starting to look like our current team can only work on one deal at a time. Over to you Bruno, time to justify the hype!

Wan

Why are people saying we agreed to what they initially wanted?

The chances of the fee rising to €80m are very slim due to the qualifying conditions. If they are met, then that would be a major plus to United as he would have fulfilled his bonus targets, thus helping us achieve success! They wanted €80m outright going by reports so no, we haven't paid what they wanted all along. We have negotiated a deal that is more favourable to us. We won't be paying €80m unless the bonus's that we negotiated are met. How is that so hard for you to understand? We now have the favourable terms due to "negotiating."

Some people on this forum only want to see the negatives! It looks like he will be our player now so go and cry about something else on another thread!
It doesn't suit the narrative that we should have just paid it from the start what their asking price is rather than wait till the last minute to agree for the same amount. 80m EUR to emphasis that we eff up.

47m GBP base price with add ons is a fairly good deal.

The only thing I find negative is why it took so long to get this over with. It could have been wrapped up last summer window if the club really do have a plan going forward with regards to the make up of the squad. We know from the start that if we lose Pogba, we lose his creativity. And with Ole fixed on his 4231, we really lacked that player playing behind Martial. We should really have gone and get one whether it was Bruno or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.