Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

I am sure if we were interested something would have happened by now and all this B/S about working on one transfer at a time is exactly that as talks must have happened regarding Longstaff to know what the stance of Newcastle is.

Eric's Seagull

I am sure if we were interested something would have happened by now and all this B/S about working on one transfer at a time is exactly that as talks must have happened regarding Longstaff to know what the stance of Newcastle is.
I think ll this BS about us working on one transfer at a time is a bluff by Woody, to make it look as if it took to log to get the targets in and he really tried when in fact he doesn't give a crap and had no intention of getting the in. Just a ruse to make himself look good in front of the fans mate:annoyed:

Eric's Seagull

I am still optimistic we are in for him just based on the fact that he hasn't gone anywhere else and noone else seems linked. Would be weird for there to be no interest in such a productive player going at a reasonable price..
Great to see such optimism on here. Wish I shared it though. All I have is hope which is a word if used more in the past weeks than I have in multiple years. agree with your point in bold would be weird to anybody besides Woody, who seems to fail to see the sense where everyone else does, even if it goes up to him and pokes him in the face mate.

Eric's Seagull

I would not be signing another player who excells at similar things as Pogba. It was already a problem with Fred.
I don't see what's wrong with giving it one more go. I can see your point about Fred. although Bruno has phenomenal stats compared to Fred. I think Fred needs to step-up this season, he's had his season to bed in, if he doesn't do well this season in my opinion he should go next summer. I think Bruno could excel next to Pogba as long as we had a defensive midfielder who can tackle well and is a decent passer in my opinion mate.

Red_Orchestra

This one is dead in the water.
Is indeed. But, If we end up selling Lukaku, then we might have a chance to sign him up.

If it comes down between buying Maguire or Bruno with the Lukaku money, I think I'd buy Bruno instead.

Eric's Seagull

Is indeed. But, If we end up selling Lukaku, then we might have a chance to sign him up.

If it comes down between buying Maguire or Bruno with the Lukaku money, I think I'd buy Bruno instead.
It shouldn't have to come down to you ever having to think of who you would rather sign. Woody should cough up the cash to sign to sign both and use the Lukaku money on a proper replacement. But this is the harsh reality we have come to and have to face as a club. Woody is really p!ssing me off mate.

fergosaurus

I think we'll get him but Woodward seems to be fannying about because of the clause situation. If he bids too low and Sporting reject it then we'll have to pay what they were asking for plus the extra €5m penalty.

Eric's Seagull

I think we'll get him but Woodward seems to be fannying about because of the clause situation. If he bids too low and Sporting reject it then we'll have to pay what they were asking for plus the extra €5m penalty.
I admire your optimism. I think we should get this done as soon as possible as if we leave it too long, we will not have much time to move on too another target, assuming we have one lined up if we miss out on him and at that point clubs will see we are desperate and then start asking stupid fees for players, who may or may not be as talented as him mate.

fergosaurus

I admire your optimism. I think we should get this done as soon as possible as if we leave it too long, we will not have much time to move on too another target, assuming we have one lined up if we miss out on him and at that point clubs will see we are desperate and then start asking stupid fees for players, who may or may not be as talented as him mate.
Sadly I think if we don't get him it will be Perisic all over again where there is no alternative. We're letting this drag out to make them sweat because Sporting need the money and want to sell at a fair price (which I think €60m is for a player of his talent). If we don't get this one over the line it will come back to bite us and Ed will look like a moron again. He can't keep throwing managers under the bus while refusing to back them in the transfer market.

Eric's Seagull

Sadly I think if we don't get him it will be Perisic all over again where there is no alternative. We're letting this drag out to make them sweat because Sporting need the money and want to sell at a fair price (which I think €60m is for a player of his talent). If we don't get this one over the line it will come back to bite us and Ed will look like a moron again. He can't keep throwing managers under the bus while refusing to back them in the transfer market.
I agree the point in bold as I've said similar in some of my posts. I don't want to see Woody using a legend like Solskjær as a scapegoat for his mistakes mate.

Crustanoid

I don’t hold much hope for signing him. Not when we take numerous weeks to decide to spend 50 mil on a relatively experienced RB with no other suitors and numerous more weeks to decide to spend c.85 mil on a decent CB with no other realistic suitors. And the window is due to shut soon. And our transfers are handled by a bunch of Grade A idiots

Hawks2008

If the manager does want him the club should have signed him, seemingly we have a free run at him and a competent board like Madrid would have had this deal sown up in June (same could be said for the Maguire and Longstaff moves). If we are trying to bully Sporting to selling on the cheap it doesn't seem right. Not getting fleeced is one thing but actively trying to put them in a position where they are forced to sell him doesn't feel right, why screw Sporting and potentially damage our relationship with them?

This new penny pinching thing is disgraceful, don't know where we get the audacity to call ourselves the "biggest club in the world"

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If we increase the bid by just €1 every time Sporting could end up losing money on the deal.

RedDevilRoshi

Don’t know why this thread keeps on getting bumped. Probably more hope than expectation.

It’s virtually Gaitan 2.0

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
3 games into preseason, this isn't done, Maguire isn't done, we haven't sold any of our deadwoods.

It'll be a travesty if Ole gets blamed for next season's failure.

Shark

@NotShark
3 games into preseason, this isn't done, Maguire isn't done, we haven't sold any of our deadwoods.

Ole is the manager? If he starts the likes of Lingard, Matic and Jones next season will be a travesty, it’s as simple as that. Nobody else is picking the teams.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ole is the manager? If he starts the likes of Lingard, Matic and Jones next season will be a travesty, it’s as simple as that. Nobody else is picking the teams.
If he doesn't get his transfer targets, who else is he gonna play?

Eric's Seagull

I agree with the post particularly the part in bold. I think Woody needs to take some responsibility. I fear if we don't have a successful season that he is going to make Ole the scapegoat for it. Think it is going to be hard to get rid of the deadwood as we pay stupid wages that other teams won't pay and then we go and hand Phil Jones a 4year+1 deal which I think is total madness mate:houllier:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

That’s a ridiculous statement (the second one). He’s the football manager. You want to hold people on the business side of the club responsible for how our football team plays above the manager. And inspired because we haven’t signed Fernandes. Or sold players you don’t like.

How about you have no idea whether Ole, the manager, is even chasing Fernandes - or if he wants to sell the players you think he should.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That’s a ridiculous statement (the second one). He’s the football manager. You want to hold people on the business side of the club responsible for how our football team plays above the manager. And inspired because we haven’t signed Fernandes. Or sold players you don’t like.

How about you have no idea whether Ole, the manager, is even chasing Fernandes - or if he wants to sell the players you think he should.
Fact is we know the squad isnt good enough for what we want to achieve so blaming the manager for not achieving said target doesn't make sense if we don’t improve the squad.

Doesn't mean Ole can’t be criticised or he is the right manager. But its clear the squad is inadequate.

Josep Dowling

So he has a release clause of 35 million euros but Sporting can reject it, so what’s the point of the release clause then?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fact is we know the squad isnt good enough for what we want to achieve so blaming the manager for not achieving said target doesn't make sense if we don’t improve the squad.

Doesn't mean Ole can’t be criticised or he is the right manager. But its clear the squad is inadequate.
Indeed, that is true. Yet your personal opinion of the squad and Ole’s may well differ. Most of this forum think the likes of Jones, Mata, Matic and Lingard aren’t good enough. However, there is no indication that Ole agrees. Let’s just stick to the simple principle of holding the football manager accountable for the football team I think. Ole works with these players and we have no idea how ruthless he is yet. I get this impression with all his DNA stuff and British core that he feels the likes of Lingard and Jones are ‘United players’, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.