Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr3yham3

Going by the hashtags he seems to think Bruno plays for Porto and we're in the Champions League
He does make mistakes with the hashtags for the other players though, but he always get their correct club among the hashtags somewhere. He also liked a comment where someone wished Bruno good luck at manchester united

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If Liverpool wanted to sign him, and he was available at a sensible price, I think we would have signed him by now.

We plan our transfers 12/24 months in advance and nearly always get our business done right at the start of the window.

We have consistently said that we won't be making any big signings this summer. We've also just sold a youth team player to Sporting Lisbon, with no mention of including him in a deal for Bruno.

I'd say there is almost no chance of him going to Liverpool this summer.
Which is why VVD only took a year...

Nickosaur

I had concerns this season was a one-off, but to get 16 goals and 16 assists the season before that is really impressive.

Only seen him a few times and he impressed me when playing for Portugal a few weeks back. Looks like he can actually send in a corner too which is a plus and reduces the chance of phil Jones taking them...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Have we really got to the point we're scouring Instagram likes of people who aren't even Fernandes?

$inner_88

Have we really got to the point we're scouring Instagram likes of people who aren't even Fernandes?
With the lack of 12 posts from the Portuguese press what else is there to go on? Anyone checked who his mrs follows on twitter?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think you've missed the point.

The guy had Fernandes at his Zoo, he's tagged loads of things including manchester united. Not Liverpool, Not Tottenham etc.

Whether he's just doing that for likes - maybe. Is it a clue? perhaps. It isn't just random liking of posts like De Ligt.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If Liverpool wanted to sign him, and he was available at a sensible price, I think we would have signed him by now.
We have consistently said that we won't be making any big signings this summer.
I'd say there is almost no chance of him going to Liverpool this summer.
To be fair, I had heard that Liverpool wouldn't be spending money, so maybe the links with Bruno Fernandes were just a ploy to either bump the price or quicken the deal.
Also, I suppose that Bruno would fill the same role that you already have Keita for.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think you've missed the point.

The guy had Fernandes at his Zoo, he's tagged loads of things including manchester united. Not Liverpool, Not Tottenham etc.

Whether he's just doing that for likes - maybe. Is it a clue? perhaps. It isn't just random liking of posts like De Ligt.
I haven't, I just don't see the point reading into something like this.

LindaChang

I feel like we're signing the wrong player here. I like Bruno but I prefer maddison to this guy. Maddison is more proven in EPL while Bruno only had one amazing season which is in portugal. You know Mkhi also looked world class before he came here but look at how that turned out. I really hope that he is just a smokescreen for Maddison.

Adam-Utd

I haven't, I just don't see the point reading into something like this.
That somebody in direct contact with Bruno Fernandes today has tagged manchester united into the photo? no links there at all?

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
The problem is sporting have just seen their rival player going for 120m euros, they're going to expect big cash also for their best player.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, so it's going to come down to how desperately they want to sell, and who's the first to crack and offer the higher money.

The fans are obviously getting impatient at the slow negotations, but it's required so that we don't end up spending way over the top. An extra £15m still adds up.
I think Felix is a super overrated player and the funny thing Bruno had a better season and was the best player for several months. But Mendes is involved so Im sure benfica has to buy some players from Mendes

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I feel like we're signing the wrong player here. I like Bruno but I prefer maddison to this guy. Maddison is more proven in EPL while Bruno only had one amazing season which is in portugal. You know Mkhi also looked world class before he came here but look at how that turned out. I really hope that he is just a smokescreen for Maddison.
Pogba looked world class before moving to United and he was everything except world class.

tidraKS

Maddison has 1 season in PL. Bruno has been great for the last 2 seasons (51 goals + assists, 32 goals + assists).

TrueRed79

I would prefer Maddison as well but Bruno also got 16 goals and 16 assists the season before as well, so he's not a one season wonder so to speak.

hobbers

The ideal really is to get a good fee for pogba and then replace him with two players out of Fernandes/Maddison/LoCelso

yamo123x

Apologies if something similar already posted, but Is there any concrete links with us and this guy? Or is it just this year's Gaitan fantasy by the Portugese media?

Ikon

Maddison is more proven in EPL while Bruno only had one amazing season which is in portugal..
Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't EPL proven before he came here, and he'd also only played a limited number of games in Portugal....:rolleyes:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't EPL proven before he came here, and he'd also only played a limited number of games in Portugal....:rolleyes:
When was the last time an attacker signed from Portugese league became an instant hit in epl ? Or how many cases can you mention after CR7 ?

RedCurry

Maddison being proven in PL is a bit of stretch. Also, smokescreens are a thing of the past, before the advent of social media.

Ikon

So the best you can say is from 2007 and did he really became an instant hit ? He was inconsistent at best.
Are you saying that you wouldn't sign a player from Portugal, France, Belgium or Holland because they are crap leagues..?
I don't understand the relevance of your point.....

bond19821982

Are you saying that you wouldn't sign a player from Portugal, France, Belgium or Holland because they are crap leagues..?
I don't understand the relevance of your point.....
When did I say that ? I said only about Portugese league.
Point is - when you spend 70m on a 24 year old from any league, you expect an immediate impact. He is not a kid where you can say he will improve over the period of time.

Hence would rather spend that money on Maddison.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
When was the last time an attacker signed from Portugese league became an instant hit in epl ? Or how many cases can you mention after CR7 ?
How many top attacking players have come since though?

Nani would obviously be one.

RedCurry

When did I say that ? I said only about Portugese league.
Point is - when you spend 70m on a 24 year old from any league, you expect an immediate impact. He is not a kid where you can say he will improve over the period of time.

Hence would rather spend that money on Maddison.
Maddison has never looked that special to me. If he was genuinely PL proven, I'd pick him too. But it isn't like we're talking about Bruno vs Dele Alli. The PL advantage isn't as clear cut in case of Maddison.

bond19821982

How many top attacking players have come since though?

Nani would obviously be one.
They do come but the players always tend to take a stop at other leagues with less pressure before making the jump to big clubs.

bond19821982

Maddison has never looked that special to me. If he was genuinely PL proven, I'd pick him too. But it isn't like we're talking about Bruno vs Dele Alli. The PL advantage isn't as clear cut in case of Maddison.
Thats your perception about Maddison which may or may not be correct. I was just responding to a post that compared Maddison and Bruno.

Velvet Revolver

Thats flawed logic. How many english talents have gone to other leagues and become instant hit? does that mean english players are not good enough? sometimes players in other leagues may not want to come to PL for any number of reasons including cultural, personal growth language etc!

Devils11

Put Pogba in portugal league and ask him score 30 goals then.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Would be delighted if he comes here. Maddison looks a good young prospect but he still has a lot to prove. We've got enough 'good prospects' for now, we need some imminent world-beaters.

bond19821982

Thats flawed logic. How many english talents have gone to other leagues and become instant hit? does that mean english players are not good enough? sometimes players in other leagues may not want to come to PL for any number of reasons including cultural, personal growth language etc!
Now this is a flawed logic. Players don't have a reason to move to other league when they already play in one of the best leagues with higher wages

Adam-Utd

Sell Pogba and get in Maddison and Fernandes? I'd still rather have Pogba but if he's unhappy I guess it's not a bad deal.

Trophy Room

He won’t be coming. I don’t think we are even interested. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. One season wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.