Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergosaurus

Going by the reddit tier system for reliable journalists in muppet season we have a tier one and tier two guy saying we're interested. Not saying that system is gospel but it looks obvious he's one of our main targets.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Going by the reddit tier system for reliable journalists in muppet season we have a tier one and tier two guy saying we're interested. Not saying that system is gospel but it looks obvious he's one of our main targets.
We've had the Telegraph, Times and now Sky Sports News saying we're interested in Fernandes but according to some in here it's just the Portuguese media. :wenger:

RkkMan

We've had the Telegraph, Times and now Sky Sports News saying we're interested in Fernandes but according to some in here it's just the Portuguese media. :wenger:
You'd expect us to deal with this deal more aggressively if we were truly interested though considering we have two void midfield spots

Bestietom

Interested is one thing, Making a concrete offer is another. If we really want to get this transfer over the line, don't you think we would have made an offer by now. There is talk that we are going to offer 49million but sporting want 70million.
This is just SSN but we are all going on hearsay as we don't really know if we are really interested.
I wish we would bring in a top midfielder to replace Herrera as we are getting closer to deadline.

Smores

Interested is one thing, Making a concrete offer is another. If we really want to get this transfer over the line, don't you think we would have made an offer by now. There is talk that we are going to offer 49million but sporting want 70million.
This is just SSN but we are all going on hearsay as we don't really know if we are really interested.
I wish we would bring in a top midfielder to replace Herrera as we are getting closer to deadline.
By that logic we're only interested in Maguire. Which would obviously be almost negligent.

Litch

I think Ole doesn't have a bottomless pit of money to spend and this signing is reliant on Rom's money coming in at least on the Glazers balance sheets. The dominos will only start to fall once this happens imo....

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's not an easy deal to complete. Sporting are under pressure to get as much money for Fernandes as possible because of what Benfica sold Felix for. He has a €35 million release clause but that's complicated because Sporting can actually turn that down and pay 5 million in compensation. It makes sense for us to wait on this to bring the price down and it seems like we're focusing on bringing Maguire in first before we move for another player.

Bestietom

It's not an easy deal to complete. Sporting are under pressure to get as much money for Fernandes as possible because of what Benfica sold Felix for. He has a €35 million release clause but that's complicated because Sporting can actually turn that down and pay 5 million in compensation. It makes sense for us to wait on this to bring the price down and it seems like we're focusing on bringing Maguire in first before we move for another player.
But others could be ready to pounce also. Why can't we cover more than one transfer at a time. Ridiculous.

StrettyEnder07

I think Ole doesn't have a bottomless pit of money to spend and this signing is reliant on Rom's money coming in at least on the Glazers balance sheets. The dominos will only start to fall once this happens imo....
Good point, if we do folk out 80M for Maguire and Bruno for what say 60M plus the 50M for AWB that's 190M without anything back in, maybe we are looking at sorting Maguire and Bruno comes in once Rom is gone.

fergosaurus

It's weird. I can understand some are afraid of getting burnt again after previous transfer let downs but loads of sources are running with this. If the clause wasn't a thing we'd probably have tabled an official bid already. We have to be sure Sporting will accept our first bid or else it's unlikely to go through.

Stacks

Am I late or did I just read that Bruno has a 31m release clause If a club meets that fee but Sporting refuse to sell, the 24-year-old will be due £4.5m in compensation?
We could bid 32mill, wait for them to reject, then bid 33mill and see how long they hold out before having to pay their own players loads......

Walters_19_MuFc

I believe we'll only get him if Pogba goes, but to me, we need a number 10, especially if we're going to a 4231 system. I do believe Ole is happy with the options of Lingard and Mata through the middle, though.

fergosaurus

Am I late or did I just read that Bruno has a 31m release clause If a club meets that fee but Sporting refuse to sell, the 24-year-old will be due £4.5m in compensation?
We could bid 32mill, wait for them to reject, then bid 33mill and see how long they hold out before having to pay their own players loads......
It's a one-off thing.

ostentatious

If such a clause exists, they'll probably have to pay him just the first time they refuse an offer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Don't know If this has any correlation but Sporting "allegedly" are close to signing young promising Argentine AM Thiago Almada from Velez. His buyout clause is of 16M though City might have a helping hand in that.

romufc

over 100 pages for a player be are preparing a bid, and someone we probably won't sign.

Cliche Guevara

Don't know If this has any correlation but Sporting "allegedly" are close to signing young promising Argentine AM Thiago Almada from Velez. His buyout clause is of 16M though City might have a helping hand in that.
Funny as over the last few days it’s all been about City signing him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Funny as over the last few days it’s all been about City signing him.
Well City and Sporting have a "partnership" to where each club will share a percentage of the rights to the player but he will come to Sporting with City having first dibs on him.

Something like that. They still haven't given full detail.

SportingCP96

Supports
Haven't City and Sporting recently formalised some sort of partnership?
Yes so pretty much City allow Sporting the chance to bag the bigger talents by basically being the "sugar daddy" and paying a majority of the sum of the player with Sporting playing the remaining sum. Then Both City and Sporting have a percentage of the rights to the player and he gets to develop at a club like Sporting and then City have first rights for him.

Me as well as the majority of the forum dont like the partnership as we feel we are too big for it. Others feel it could be a way to bag top talents and close the gap to Porto and Benfica.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Yes so pretty much City allow Sporting the chance to bag the bigger talents by basically being the "sugar daddy" and paying a majority of the sum of the player with Sporting playing the remaining sum. Then Both City and Sporting have a percentage of the rights to the player and he gets to develop at a club like Sporting and then City have first rights for him.

Me as well as the majority of the forum dont like the partnership as we feel we are too big for it. Others feel it could be a way to bag top talents and close the gap to Porto and Benfica.
Benfica is doing the same with mendes

Le Red

Yeah when OGS said "one or two" I really think he meant Maguire and Fernandes, with Longstaff way overpriced by Newcastle.
You'd think they would want to make at least two more signings. Otherwise, it's the shittiest rebuild ever, with the grand total of one first-teamer bought.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
And still no movement despite there being a clear way to put pressure on Sporting to sell.

Honestly think this has Portuguese smoke blowing up it too much for it to happen. I would love to be wrong but I don’t think I will be on this one.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
And still no movement despite there being a clear way to put pressure on Sporting to sell.

Honestly think this has Portuguese smoke blowing up it too much for it to happen. I would love to be wrong but I don’t think I will be on this one.
The window isn't over yet and even if we didn't sign him it doesn't mean we were never interested. When you have good journos like Ducker and Hirst saying he's one of our targets there's definitely something to it.

yamo123x

I said a long time ago the Portugese media are brilliant at drumming up a player and we are easy scapegoats. We all remember Garay and Gaitan rumours for summer after summer. This year iit appears as though its this Bruno Fernandes fella. there may have been enquiries but the daily BS is grinding now.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Honestly, do you feel as if we're being taken for a ride by Ed - again!

Ole's Army

I hope he turns out as good as Anderson , what a player he would be!

I would actually love if we signed him as I wouldn't know what to expect from him But he could be a Massive flop.

Worth 60m because he can play good in the pork and cheese league I'm not sure.

SportingCP96

Supports
I hope he turns out as good as Anderson , what a player he would be!

I would actually love if we signed him as I wouldn't know what to expect from him But he could be a Massive flop.

Worth 60m because he can play good in the pork and cheese league I'm not sure.
Lingard starts for United and he would be a bench player for any of the big 3 in the “pork and cheese league”. So anything is possible :)

Ballist1x

Haven't City and Sporting recently formalised some sort of partnership?
Like Man Utd and Antwerp! What a deal that was! All those Belgium based players coming through.

Anyway! If we sign or are trying to sign Dybala then we dint sign Bruno too.

Status
Not open for further replies.