Bruno Guimarães | Newcastle United

RC89

Was I watching a different game? He was winning every second ball in midfield today and giving Fred kittens in the first half. He's an absolutely brilliant player and playing for us would elevate him even more.
Agreed. Those that say he didn't do anything today clearly weren't paying attention. He was at the centre of everything they did today. His play before his through ball was great too.

He looked like he was playing almost as an AM today, what's his usually position?

Based Adnan

Not sure he's suited to partner Casemiro but he's a very good player. Newcastle have got a gem.

Judas

Open to offers
Him in a team that actually wants to play football would be very interesting to see. Think he's a real talent. Absolute unlikeable moaning twat though.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Him in a team that actually wants to play football would be very interesting to see. Think he's a real talent. Absolute unlikeable moaning twat though.
Baffles me how Newcastle got a clean run at him.

Mr.Hik

If Brazil played him more they would be in the final.
Classy player and he is anoying to play against.
Would love him in this team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Baffles me how Newcastle got a clean run at him.
Sort of works out for everyone because apparently Arsenal were sniffing around him, on paper a Bruno G and Partey midfield sounds absolutely filthy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sort of works out for everyone because apparently Arsenal were sniffing around him, on paper a Bruno G and Partey midfield sounds absolutely filthy.
I'm more than happy with our eventual choice in that position but our midfield was crying out for a player like him when Newcastle got him.

I feel the previous regime were so fixated on Declan Rice he slipped our attention.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm more than happy with our eventual choice in that position but our midfield was crying out for a player like him when Newcastle got him.

I feel the previous regime were so fixated on Declan Rice he slipped our attention.
In fairness it seems every top 6 club missed a trick on him. Suppose Enzo Fernandez is a pretty damn decent alternative.

bringbackbebe

Guimaraes and Trippier are two players who could walk into the starting line up of any top team. If we're spending 100m, I hope it's on Guimaraes and not Rice.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Still frustrated at missing out on him. He just a great all round player, equally as good on the defensive side as he is on the ball, and he's a tough wee fecker. Would still love to know why we didn't decide to make a move on him.

cyberman

I think him and Joelinton sometimes get more credit than they deserve because of their hair. I remember thinking this guy is fecking everywhere on the pitch at once before realising it was actually “these guys”.
That’s actually a tactic some young players use at trials with clubs. Make yourself stand out and be unique so everything you do on the pitch stands out to scouts etc. Only drawback would be the bad stuff sticking in the head as well

simplyared

Looks more of a DM than AM. We're not screaming for a player like him looking at what we've already got. There are other departments we need to address but with that said would I like to see him in a utd shirt? You're feckin dead right I would!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Was impressed by his ability to make space and be available for the ball.

This may also have been because Fred was not tracking him at all in the first half...

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He is a tier or two above anyone else in their team, particularly in possession in opposition half. Top player.

northernsoul74

He’s much better than Fred. Whether that’s enough to justify the outlay I’m not sure.

Malkovich

I think him and Joelinton sometimes get more credit than they deserve because of their hair. I remember thinking this guy is fecking everywhere on the pitch at once before realising it was actually “these guys”.
:lol:

Bojan Djordjic

They'd never sell to us
God knows what he's actually earning. He seems to be officially on €120k per week but given the way City are rumoured to operate, it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle are also doing some off the book salary supplements for players like him because I cannot fathom how someone of his calibre chose to go to Newcastle when he moved to them when he would be wouldn't look out of place in any team in world football.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
God knows what he's actually earning. He seems to be officially on €120k per week but given the way City are rumoured to operate, it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle are also doing some off the book salary supplements for players like him because I cannot fathom how someone of his calibre chose to go to Newcastle when he moved to them when he would be wouldn't look out of place in any team in world football.
Basically because I don't think he had any offers to join any other teams. The closest team he was linked to was Arsenal (was even mentioned in his welcome video) but I don't think we even got as far as making an official offer.

Davie Moyes

Not seen him much at all to be honest so just going off the final can't say I was overly impressed.

I'm guessing there is some over rating of him going on though based on he can't get ahead of Fred in Brazil's midfield and secondly Newcastle having a clear run at him.

Not best Bruno in the league that's for sure.

mctrials23

Yes I too hate players who…..get upset when they lose a cup final?
What dicks eh! Mentality is a squad trait up to a point as well. Considering the shit show of the past year and the turnaround to this season with so many players, I don't think you can say much more than most players are sheep not leaders.

Blood Mage

One of the best CMs in the league and it's a joke that he wasn't on our radar.

zaafi

Brings so much balance to the midfield and is an all around great midfielder. We should've been in for him as he was really good for Lyon as well.