Bruno Guimarães | Newcastle United

TsuWave

Newcastle wouldn’t sell, but this guy is just so good. Special player

SAF is the GOAT

Wanted him as an alternative to Tchouameni and unfortunately he's another 1 who got away from our scouting

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It's really amazing that every big English club missed out on him, especially since every single one of them has been attempting to sign a 6 or 8 midfielder at some point since last January 1st. He seems happy at Newcastle but I wonder how long that feeling lasts.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It's really amazing that every big English club missed out on him, especially since every single one of them has been attempting to sign a 6 or 8 midfielder at some point since last January 1st. He seems happy at Newcastle but I wonder how long that feeling lasts.
Arsenal was heavily linked to him back in January, and Edu probably did speak to him, but for whatever reason it didn't work out.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal was heavily linked to him back in January, and Edu probably did speak to him, but for whatever reason it didn't work out.
Posted earlier in the thread that he'd have been perfect for us, I've no idea why we didn't pull the trigger. Could have played with Partey or instead of Partey when he invariably gets his injuries. Would be interesting to know if the cost was too prohibitive in January and Newcastle just came in and got the deal done.

TsuWave

He’s one of the best midfielders in the league. Crazy consistency.

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
Unfortunately I cannot see him stay with us next year, best player we had since shearer

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If they stay in 2nd/3rd place, get into the CL regularly, I should think the feeling might well last a while. A salary increase will not be a problem now either. Great player.

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
Why not? There's a decent chance you'll be in the Champions League next season and lots of quality additions to look forward to no doubt.
We will not make the cl, no way. We dont have the squad depth and while longstaff and wilock improved massively, still it will not be enough. And wood and injury prone wilson are not the most lethal strikers either. And the saudis are not throwing money (good tbh).

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
Did Ashley buy us back? Or are you Alan Pardew?
Thankfully not, i am realistic, we cannot offer him what he deserves because all the other top players will want ridiculous wages too and we are not there yet. Bar his brighton away performance he was world class in all the games, matter of time before real madrid or man city offer him an offer he cannot refuse.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm part of the "I told you so" brigade, so not surprised by this guy output. Danilo from Palmeiras will be the next on the line to become a fantastic defensive midfielder, dunno what are we waiting for.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It depends on what you want from a player, because him and Fernandes are completely different players.

Fernandes creates a ridiculous amount of chances, is a much better and more extensive passer, constantly presses, has endless levels of stamina, not to mention his work rate and drive to win are up there with the very best in the world.

What in your opinion is Guimaraes better at, that makes him an all round better player?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Just a younger, shittier Neymar in midfield

TsuWave

It depends on what you want from a player, because him and Fernandes are completely different players.

Fernandes creates a ridiculous amount of chances, is a much better and more extensive passer, constantly presses, has endless levels of stamina, not to mention his work rate and drive to win are up there with the very best in the world.

What in your opinion is Guimaraes better at, that makes him an all round better player?
I agree they are different players and don't occupy same areas of the pitch/have the same responsibilities.

Guimaraes is a much better box to box. His defensive game is better whilst still being able to contribute offensively. I also think he's more cultured on the ball. I'm not particularly keen on Fernandes' "feck it, one of these will hit" approach despite the fact that it's clearly effective. To be honest, I get why some would go with Fernandes, I just don't like people acting like it's incomprehensible that someone would prefer Guimaraes, thus I double down.

footballbite

He seems like a fighter and someone who hates to lose. The kind of shithouse player you hate to play against but enjoy when they're on your side.

I think he'd jump at the chance to join Casemiro at Utd.

RedCheekz

I rate him, can keep the ball very well and would be a guaranteed starter if played for us. Unlikely Newcastle will sell to us though. I can see him going to a big European club in a year or 2 though unless Newcastle get into CL regularly.

Chief123

Only silliness is acting like every player that plays for United is the best. Guimaraes is the best Bruno in the league.
You seem like you are willing to die on that hill but it’s getting a bit silly. Bruno G is a good player but he ain’t better than Fernandes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's not that good.

Funny how people claim he could walk into our midfield.

A decent player, but nothing special. Completely anonymous today

Bojan Djordjic

He's not that good.

Funny how people claim he could walk into our midfield.

A decent player, but nothing special. Completely anonymous today
Was I watching a different game? He was winning every second ball in midfield today and giving Fred kittens in the first half. He's an absolutely brilliant player and playing for us would elevate him even more.

Abraxas

Really good player. The annoying thing is there was no particular mystery to this one, he must have been every analytic gurus wet dream after his work at Lyon.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was so good he did absolutely nothing of note in the biggest game of his career, warra player.