Bruno..Possession..Hell No

Eli Zee

What's wrong with what OP said? He had an opinion, shared it and asked what everyone else thought of it/Bruno. United fans are capable of feeling similar, even if majority don't. Everyone is assuming he's on an alt account but like... maybe he's not?

or it's all just jokes.

The reason we won't play tiki-taka is not Bruno. He's capable of it. Our team isn't instructed to do so for long periods of time - only quick 1-2s/tip taps around the goal and such. Nothing like prime BARCA did tiki taka

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Stinks of that cartwheel fella

tomaldinho1

What's wrong with what OP said? He had an opinion, shared it and asked what everyone else thought of it/Bruno. United fans are capable of feeling similar, even if majority don't. Everyone is assuming he's on an alt account but like... maybe he's not?

or it's all just jokes.

The reason we won't play tiki-taka is not Bruno. He's capable of it. Our team isn't instructed to do so for long periods of time - only quick 1-2s/tip taps around the goal and such. Nothing like prime BARCA did tiki taka

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Flipping heck, people like you need to make up your mind.

First it was the narrative that Bruno doesn’t do it in big games. Now you’re saying he’s a problem in games against teams who park the bus.

Have I missed something or has he not got the best goals and assists record in the last 12 months? If he isn’t doing it in the big and the small games, when TF is he doing it?
I am not questioning the lads ability and I think he is world class. His numbers are also out there for all to see. People like me?

AgentSmith

or it's all just jokes.

There seems to be some deeper joke going on that I also can’t work out.

It’s like going to a comedy show but all the jokes are in Mandarin and everyone’s pissing themselves but you’ve got no idea what’s going on. Still funny though.

KikiDaKats

Supports
Reminds me of Salah in a sense. Will constantly lose the ball but capable of a moment of magic.
Yeah. That’s about right around my opinion but does he work in the 10 role of a possession based setup?

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

or it's all just jokes.

Definite SocKKPuppet

There seems to be some deeper joke going on that I also can’t work out.

It’s like going to a comedy show but all the jokes are in Mandarin and everyone’s pissing themselves but you’ve got no idea what’s going on. Still funny though.
It’s like being at a comedy show and not getting the knock knock joke.

RUCK4444

I assumed when reading the OP that the mods had changed his tagline to say he supports Liverpool.

Isn't that something they do for bants sometimes?

KikiDaKats

Supports

or it's all just jokes.

He looks perfect in the quick incisive plays we opt for. Maybe with the deeper creative players or creative wide player fans are calling for will show a different side to him away how I understand his game.

Red00012

I can’t decide what’s funnier kiki continuing to have a conversation with someone about the OP or posters not understanding what’s going on

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
United have never played "tippy tappy" football and United fans I think just won't ever really embrace it. Someone like Bruno is the perfect United player historically, whereas we've never really had a David Silva type, so I don't really care about whether one player is capable of doing Tika taka or not.

For what its worth, yeah he can. A lot of it is coaching instructions. He went from Sporting where he was relied on as the main man in a conservative system to be the pure creative force, and now again is here in a relatively conservative system where nobody really takes risks and he gets full responsibility to do all that. He also effectively plays as a forward, so his passing percentage isn't even that bad all things considered.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Maybe the only reason why he's doing it is because he knows we can't control the midfield anyway.
Also United has never been a possession based team. You're mistaking Utd with Louie von Haal.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did you have to make this post because Liverpool lost six in a 6 row?

KikiDaKats

Supports
United have never played "tippy tappy" football and United fans I think just won't ever really embrace it. Someone like Bruno is the perfect United player historically, whereas we've never really had a David Silva type, so I don't really care about whether one player is capable of doing Tika taka or not.

For what its worth, yeah he can. A lot of it is coaching instructions. He went from Sporting where he was relied on as the main man in a conservative system to be the pure creative force, and now again is here in a relatively conservative system where nobody really takes risks and he gets full responsibility to do all that. He also effectively plays as a forward, so his passing percentage isn't even that bad all things considered.
I agree the club has a history of edge of your seat type football, fast breaks and incisive passing. He is the perfect 10 for that because his traits are primed for this style. I remember a section of the fans/media calling for us to transition into a possession based football team and detractors use that as a stick to beat the team/Coach up with when results don’t go our way.
Like you said at Sporting he had to play this way, so historically he is been playing the same for a while.
I like the coaching part of it, he seem to have good in game smarts. So, won’t doubt him being able to transition with the team and like you also mentioned, it’s more of a team approach than an individual setting the tone for possession base.
But will we be getting similar numbers from him if we were playing possession based?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bruno is absolutely fine as he is.
What has 'possesion based football' got to do with anything? We have never played that way and hopefully never will.

United play to their strengths often in the bigger games, which is predominantly a counter attacking style, however that doesn't define this team, we constantly have a greater amount of possession than our opponents.

Strange thread.

KikiDaKats

Supports
Maybe the only reason why he's doing it is because he knows we can't control the midfield anyway.
Also United has never been a possession based team. You're mistaking Utd with Louie von Haal.
Lacking creativity from deeper or inability of the midfield to be dominant might be a factor. Is he not a member of that midfield as well ?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I will say that Bruno kind of looks like Suarez. My wife even said, oh hey that's the biting guy right? A few times.

I'd say he's good in any style of play though.