Bruno's post match comments

hobbers

Fantastic comments. Hope and presume that interview was shortly after he'd laid into our defenders and De Gea in the dressing room. Ole should be taking notes from this guy.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So I listened to this. It was fine. Nothing there that couldn't be said publicly. He was pretty calm, but firm. Nothing wrong with that.
Just don't read the press headlines as they are always looking for drama.

I do hope that he had stronger words for his team mates in the privacy of the dressing room.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What exactly did he say that can be considered "throwing under the bus"? He said that we shouldn't and couldn't have results like that and he's absolutely right.
Bruno, our best and most important player didn’t do or say anything wrong but he’s bad for morale for giving an opinion? He’s been the single biggest morale boost at the club over the last 12 months/post Fergie in general. I’d be much more worried if he went on the tv and said he was happy with how the match turned out and we were unlucky...crazy that anyone would keep arguing that he’s out of order for being honest and he didn’t single anyone out. if the players in question can’t take that on the chin and maybe finally tighten up then what can you say?

Soft!

Last edited:

Hughie77

Ole needs to be ruthless with the keeper. Conceed a goal? Your benched next match. Keep a clean sheet, you keep your place.
Yes, Henderson be in on Tuesday. May well have been anyway. We just got to consolidate 2nd place at least now see how many points from city we finish and from 3rd.

POF

Imagine you're one of his teammates. The journo asks the question whether the team felt the game was already won and already over and he answers "maybe this was the problem"
Would you be happy if you'd heard that coming from a fellow player in the media?
Happy? If there are United players who are happy after that defensive capitulation, then who is the problem? Them or Bruno?

It's about having standards. Everyone should be as livid as Bruno after that performance. If Bruno's comments made any players feel any worse than they already were, then they don't have the mentality to play for United.

Chairman Steve

I’d say it’s a good sign. Theres been loads of Utd players who’ve said that at Utd under SAF, teammates used to get heated with each other but because they all wanted to win. Theres probably tonnes that will never see the light of day that if anyone in the media caught wind of, would spin it as an epic team fallout and one of them is getting sold or whatever. God knows how many times Schmeichel and Keane fell out with teammates in the 90s.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ludicrous thread.

Nothing at all wrong with saying we can't let leads slip twice in a game.

He said the team as a collective concede too many, he didn't say the defence and keeper were toilet.

simplyared

Happy? If there are United players who are happy after that defensive capitulation, then who is the problem? Them or Bruno?

It's about having standards. Everyone should be as livid as Bruno after that performance. If Bruno's comments made any players feel any worse than they already were, then they don't have the mentality to play for United.
You're not getting my point. It's the forum he chooses to hang out his players/defenders. He can call out his teammates as much as he likes, but leave it to the dressing room, traning ground or whatever.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You're not getting my point. It's the forum he chooses to hang out his players/defenders. He can call out his teammates as much as he likes, but leave it to the dressing room, traning ground or whatever.
He chose whatever. Not an issue for me

RedDevil@84

Ole needs to be ruthless with the keeper. Conceed a goal? Your benched next match. Keep a clean sheet, you keep your place.
Ya. Henderson next game and if he makes even a small mistake, De Gea back for the next. Same with Maguire. If he even makes a small mistake, Jones comes in

RedDevil@84

Don't think he said something that shouldn't have been said. Our defensive performance was wank.

Stormrage101MUFC

Well he's not wrong.

And anyway if our defenders can't handle a teammate's criticisms then I'm not surprised that they can't handle other teams' strikers.

ravi2

Without naming any names he openly hung out a certain section of his teammates. Yes he was disappointed, but his comments aren't going to have a positive effect on the players he's targeting.
Those comments should come from the manager. Not a player surely!!

When Roy Keane was around he would make similar statements if the team weren't performing to the expected levels. Bruno reminds me of him in that regard, they are both winners. Macguire shouldn't be captain for United, Bruno should. As for him calling out the defense in public, maybe he has called them out in private but they keep making mistakes. Bruno is 100% correct.

Chairman Steve

The crucial thing is he didn’t single anyone out publicly. Keane once said the team weren’t good enough in 2000 after we went out of the Champions League with a whimper to Bayern Munich.

He did however feck up when he singled out Fletcher as someone not good enough in an MUTV interview a few years later, which contributed to him getting the axe.

SAFMUTD

He's got a winner mentality, his frustration is clear. I fear if we don't start really challenging soon he'll leave. He seems a total winner and at the moment we are not performing up to the standard needed and its has become acceptable.

In a top club saying things like "we shouldnt be considered contenders" should be punished. What the feck is that poor piss mentality? It eases pressure out of Ole but the whole squad too, its only natural they think "we'll we are droping points and are practically out of the title race but hey we are doing fine, top 4 was what was expected". Definitely a losers mentality, Ole is delighted to be here. All that "process and rebuild" bullshit are just statements to buy time. Bottom line this clubs standard should be titles.

Bruno definitely has the mentality we need, I dont think Ole has it.

Red & White

I’m happy to hear him say these comments. I get why OGS doesn’t hang the players out in public and I fully support that, that’s good management, particularly with this squad of players. Someone needs to say it, though, and who better than the guy who is doing his job as it should be done. Imagine scoring that goal and giving your all pressing their back line all game and getting the team in a winning position only for DDG to parry a weak toe poke that’s coming towards him into the only space that their one player would have an easy tap in. No communication for the cross leading to the second goal or players putting pressure on the ball, leaving players unmarked in the box just like we did against Sheffield United. The defending at the end was criminal, too.

I completely get we defend as a team and it’s not just on the goalkeeper and defence, but come on, how many games is this gonna be allowed to happen in before someone comes out and says it like it is. Been saying this a lot lately, but hopefully we see a reaction against West Ham and put West Brom and Newcastle to the sword.

Morpheus 7

He should've said more, soft bastrds need to be called out at the back. Players are performing well in other areas, they are letting down the team at the back. De Gea should be dropped properly now. We need a new CB pairing next season. Maguire and Lindelof are the slowest pairing we have ever had, it has a knock on effect on the defensive line and midfield. We know the issues, need to address them, give away soft goals all the time. How many setpieces have we conceeded, crying out for a cb with proper bravery to lead.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If anything his statements further add pressure on Ole to get our defence back in shape. I hate to imagine what position we would be in the league if not for Bruno’s on field and off field presence.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s right and he’s right to say it in public too. i thought the worst comments yesterday were OGS saying nobody’s thinking about the title or anything like that, to paraphrase. I think Bruno definitely wants the title and won’t be up for hearing his manager saying that.

SAFMUTD

When Roy Keane was around he would make similar statements if the team weren't performing to the expected levels. Bruno reminds me of him in that regard, they are both winners. Macguire shouldn't be captain for United, Bruno should. As for him calling out the defense in public, maybe he has called them out in private but they keep making mistakes. Bruno is 100% correct.
100% agree, the leadership between them two is miles appart. Bruno is a natural leader. Maguire is not even a leader, not a vocal one at least.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I don't understand this forum. When no one gives straight forward answers after an upsetting result, they say, the answers were too diplomatic and don't address the concerns.

When someone calls a spade a spade and accepts responsibility as a team, they say, "Oh No, he shouldn't have said that!"

Cannot win with this crowd.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Still can't figure out why the OP is so annoyed by Fernandes' comments as they're simply stating the obvious and nothing else.

Bruno was asked about the game after its end and gave an honest assessment of it without signalling out any individuals. What the feck was he supposed to say exactly?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Still can't figure out why the OP is so annoyed by Fernandes' comments as they're simply stating the obvious and nothing else.

Bruno was asked about the game after its end and gave an honest assessment of it without signalling out any individuals. What the feck was he supposed to say exactly?
If I understand right, the line that stuck out to some is him saying basically that he didn't think the game was over prior to Everton scoring their third, but to ask the others suggesting they might have acted as if the game was already won. I really think it's a nothing issue, and that when I saw this thread I was expecting far worse. I hope Bruno did say far worse in the locker rooms without the cameras, but as far as what he said to the media, I'm struggling to see what the issue is.

el3mel

He's right calling them out. Good job from him.

Everyone knows that Bruno is the real leader of the current United team and players need to listen to him.

Castia

Nothing wrong with that, these defenders need some hard truths.

James35

I'm more than happy with the comments. This is our real captain anyway.

I'm am worried though that if we have another trophy less campaign next season (I definitely don't think we willl win one this season), he may be wanting out. If he continues his form, which I'm sure he will, there will be plenty of suitors.

AFC NimbleThumb

Did Maguire make any comments as captain after yesterday’s performance?

I turn off after games pretty much immediately but why are we analysing these comments so much? What has our captain, the guy who broke the defensive line & played Everton onside say?

Bruno makes justifiable points.

jem

As far as I'm concerned, Bruno has every right to speak out on this. The number of times the likes of De Gea, Maguire, and Lindelof have let us down over the last few years just beggars belief, particularly when you factor in how much we paid for those players, and the wages they are currently on. How Bruno isn't the captain I'll never understand.