Bruno's post match comments

Flying_Heckfish

Bang on comments. He has a proper winning mentality. All the players should be thinking like him, and I guess they don't because he feels the need to bring it up.

Edy2

I'm glad somebody is saying these kind of things. Somebody needs to. I hope he ripped de gea and those two clowns at centre back a new one after the game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Good. If such comments don't give a kick up De Gea arse then I don't know what will. Maguire and Lindelof have their issues and I guess that's how it is until we can get a better CB, but DDG level of performances is unaccepteable.

EDIT: Actually Owen makes some very good comments in the end of the OP video. Exactly how I feel about De Gea.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He didn't say anything wrong, he said we threw the game away with shit defending which is the truth.

stu_1992

Jesus those comments are hardly scathing. Yes he's clearly unhappy with the result, would you expect him to be anything else? He hasn't explicitly out the blame on anyone there, he's just said you can't lose the game from the position we found ourselves in twice at home. And he's spot on in saying that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, good comments for me. More of this sort of thinking will potentially make sure the players/management/upper management don't just sleep walk their way back to midtable mediocrity.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's not like the people involved will be blindsided by the comments and think that they did nothing wrong.

This is entirely appropriate and mirrors my sentiments. We are let down by personal mistakes. The team played SO WELL. And yet we concede 3 goals. Absolutely astonishing.

We are the first team in the top10 to concede 30 goals this season. The Maguire Lindelöf pairing just doesnt work most of the time. They have some great games, and then they sprinkle that with some terrible ones. Add De Gea with the tendency to go from absolute boss to "David please" between matches and you have a team that concedes goals like a mid table club. Fortunately we score like a top table club so we get away with it. But not always, and not yesterday.

We still have a reasonable road to a Premier League table, but City are by far the favorites. We need Liverpool to take points today or they will run away with it.

DoomSlayer

We are the best attacking team in the league, but our defense is the worst in the top 10. Bruno is right, some players need to be ashamed of themselves and I'm especially pointing the finger at the highest paid GK in the world and the most expensive CB in the world, who somehow ended up captaining our great club. What an embarrassment...

Al Capone

If we didn't have such a pussycat manager then Bruno wouldn't have to do the managers job as well. As good a player as he was he is just a lilly livered manager. Need somebody who can get an extra 10% out of the players through his tactical nouce, his team talks, tactics, instructions from the touchline, geeing up the players from the touchline at crucial moments but the baby faced assassin seems to be like a tourist sat up there watching netflix on his tablet!

Giggsy13

Without naming any names he openly hung out a certain section of his teammates. Yes he was disappointed, but his comments aren't going to have a positive effect on the players he's targeting.
Those comments should come from the manager. Not a player surely!!
How fecking brittle and soft do you think Lindelof, Maguire and De Gea must be that they cannot handle criticism from our best player?Bruno isn’t the captain but should be and players like Lindelof and De Gea should be worried about their long-term futures when they offer up shit like that.

Bruno’s honesty is refreshing, he’s a winner and won’t accept mediocrity and blown results like yesterday. I wish he pushed the limits and openly criticized our back 4 more for costing us points this season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, good comments for me. More of this sort of thinking will potentially make sure the players/management/upper management doesn't just sleepwalk their way back to midtable mediocrity.
Yeah, he's just bringing attention to what we already know, perhaps as a warning sign to those responsible (they know who they are) to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I like his comments as it tells us he gives a shit.

If he came out and said: "yeah we drew, sad story bro, but OMG did you see my goal of the decade contender!?" We have cause for concern.

Mike Smalling

Good. It needed to be said, and there is nothing wrong with demanding better from your teammates. If players like Lindelof and Maguire can't handle it, they shouldn't be here in the first place. How can we expect to improve if nobody calls out the issues?

Our points dropped yesterday and against Sheffield United has less to do with quality and tactics and more to do with mentality, in my opinion. Bruno is doing his best to impose a winning mentality, but obviously there is still some way to go. Hope we can bring in more players like him.

Oranges038

He's dead right, need a few more with his mentality.

Although he was stood at the edge of the box watching James score the second, he was talking about the team more that individuals in there.

AshRK

Elite mentality. Said it time and time again de gea has been at this club close to 10 years and has zero leadership quality. Maguire is not a leader either.

simplyared

What if what he said has been said many of times in the dressing room but his point isn't hitting home with certain players? Do we just keep relaying the same message hoping that one day they wake up and get their act together?
No, shouldn't be necessary. That's the manager's job. It's what he gets paid for.

simplyared

Ah yes, the older, more experienced members of society who've been repeatedly responsible for fecking up the world repeatedly remind us how much their vastly superior knowledge makes them better.

New day, same shet.

Bruno can do whatever he wants. He didn't call anybody out either. He criticized that we conceded. It just seems you want something to complain about.
Some anger in there man! Not sure you're in the right place.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he was captain and he went out in the media and hung out his players that would be even worse.
i thought he was quite diplomatic and measured in his comments...Bruno is the real deal. Captain material. Stuff might not come off for him but he never hides and he’s always cajoling and leading. He was the higher risk higher reward choice of captain here and we took the safe option as always

mu4c_20le

why isn’t he captain? why not fix the mistake and make the change?
Came in to say the same. We need someone with bollocks, give it to him or Cavani. It's not like he pulled a Keane and had a melt down, he just told it like it is.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Came in to say the same. We need someone with bollocks, give it to him or Cavani. It's not like he pulled a Keane and had a melt down, he just told it like it is.
also if you look beyond the obvious... look at what happened during the summer? Bruno seems like a clean living quiet family guy who’s obsessed with football. Maguire off to covid central package holidays for rich people to fight with police. I’ve no problems with Maguire in the team. He’s been a good signing with the wrong players around him from previous regimes. On all the evidence he shouldn’t be our captain though. It’s not like he’s inspiring the lads around him to a new level or anything.
Mentally he just seems like a guy in his mid to late 20s with slightly above average leadership. Is that enough?

Last edited:

simplyared

Some of his comments:
We give away the result
We give away the game twice
The way we did was really bad
We are conceding goals in every game a lot of times
At home we concede too many goals
This can't be possible

A free kick from the other half of the pitch.
We can concede a goal from there and the way we concede

At the end the reporter asks him:
Had the team felt it was won and the game was already over?
He replied:
Maybe this was the problem.
I dont know, I don't feel that
I don't know what my teammates feel

For me he's moaning like feck. Telling us what we already know. Nothing constructive in what he says. And why does he not know what his teammates feel?
Trainwreck of an inteview!

Jerry Garcia

Should be made Captain. The fact that Maguire is captain over him is shocking! Keep these comments coming.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What exactly did he say that can be considered "throwing under the bus"? He said that we shouldn't and couldn't have results like that and he's absolutely right.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Some of his comments:
We give away the result
We give away the game twice
The way we did was really bad
We are conceding goals in every game a lot of times
At home we concede too many goals
This can't be possible

A free kick from the other half of the pitch.
We can concede a goal from there and the way we concede
What a way to separate himself from the team and blame others for the result!

At the end the reporter asks him:
Had the team felt it was won and the game was already over?
He replied:
Maybe this was the problem.
I dont know, I don't feel that
I don't know what my teammates feel

For me he's moaning like feck. Telling us what we already know. Nothing constructive in what he says. And why does he not know what his teammates feel?
Trainwreck of an inteview!
Because the game ended seconds ago and he hasn't yet been to the dressing room?

Born2Lose

Great, shows he gives a flip.

It's a shame other players aren't as vocal.

This is Manchester United if you're not good enough or can't handle some criticism then leave.