Bundesliga 2012/2013

Sally Cinnamon

Pretty good match on ESPN Classic at the minute (it is a live game though), Nurnberg and Frankfurt.

Jaap

Dortmund lose for the first time after 31 (!) unbeaten games. Current record-holders Hamburg with theirfirst win of the season. Bayern 2-0 winners against Schalke - five points ahead of BVB now.

Sally Cinnamon

How did Dortmund not get an equaliser... Kuba and Schieber especially had amazing chances.

That was a cracking goal Son scored.

Jaap

Perfect start to a season by Bayern. Dortmund seem to repeat last year's start, where they slipped at the beginning of the season. Their defence, at the moment, is simply leaking too many goals, easy goals.

NoLogo

Dortmund looks tired atm.

Their pressing isn't working really well and they sorely miss Bender in front of their defense.

A lot of players are totally out of form atm.

Schmelzer, Hummels, Piszczek are far from their best and Weidenfeller seems to have caught up to their bad form.

Leitner isn't really ready yet for a starting spot and they sorely missed Gündogan and Bender imo.

Götze on the other hand was really amazing once he came on, a bit wasteful with two good chances but he really is such an outstanding talent, just a joy to watch.

Jaap

Hoffenheim's Boris Vukcevic in a life-threatening condition after a car crash, according to media reports. Vukcevic exceeded the speed limit, lost control over his car and crashed head-on into an oncoming truck, according to "Bild".

:( Hope he makes it!

NoLogo

Who's going to stop Bayern?
It's usually only Bayern who stop themselves.

Still a long season but they look really strong and the rotation seems to do them a lot of good.

Of course the season isn't over but Dortmund and Schalke will have a hard time stopping them and they are the only ones I can see competing with them this season, maybe Leverkusen if they can keep up their good run they started this week but then again they always come second, so no it's either Dortmund or Schalke if anyone.

Naturally for Dortmund to compete again they will have to sort out their defensive problems as soon as possible.

Blackwidow

It's usually only Bayern who stop themselves.

Still a long season but they look really strong and the rotation seems to do them a lot of good.

Of course the season isn't over but Dortmund and Schalke will have a hard time stopping them and they are the only ones I can see competing with them this season, maybe Leverkusen if they can keep up their good run they started this week but then again they always come second, so no it's either Dortmund or Schalke if anyone.

Naturally for Dortmund to compete again they will have to sort out their defensive problems as soon as possible.
You forgot that Schalke is always second, too.

And at Bayern not even everybody has shown up. Right now Müller leads with 9 scorerpoints (4 goals + 5 assists) in front of Mandzukic (6 goals + 1 assist) and Schweinsteiger/Kroos/Gustavo with 3 scorerpoints. Ribery and Robben are on 1 or 2 in this list... Let them get in gear...

Blackwidow

Dortmund 5 Gladbach 0. Back on track?
Maybe. But Gladbach likes to give their points to Dortmund. And I asked myself if it is smart to run in high gear after a 2:0 lead if you play Manchester City midweek and away in Hannover on Sunday. If you win all of this matches this week you could bring back the enthusiasm - but if you do fail that might be different.

I just doubt that Bayern does the same mistakes they did last year - especially as they have so much options this year, are warned and seem to really be hungry.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Both of Reus' goals were quite nice.

Maybe. But Gladbach likes to give their points to Dortmund. And I asked myself if it is smart to run in high gear after a 2:0 lead if you play Manchester City midweek and away in Hannover on Sunday. If you win all of this matches this week you could bring back the enthusiasm - but if you do fail that might be different.

I just doubt that Bayern does the same mistakes they did last year - especially as they have so much options this year, are warned and seem to really be hungry.
Bayern look good for sure. Looking forward to City v Dortmund.

Blackwidow

Both of Reus' goals were quite nice.

Bayern look good for sure. Looking forward to City v Dortmund.
I do not think they looked good today. Bremen defended very nice and they had to wait until late to overpower them with better fitness. There were two or three that were doing the energy-saving modus and the match was to slow. It is difficult for the front three to go against a couple of defenders when the defense of the opponent has time to position themselves.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I think Dortmund should start with Gündogan and Bender in the upcoming games now that he's back. If Hummels and co can get their heads straight they'll be a force this season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Finally a good performance from Dortmund today. A good win and hopefully it will give them confidence moving forward.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Well, Bayern won again yesterday, and a late equaliser from The One for Hannover today means Dortmund drop another two points.

Also, it seems that this happened,

Sally Cinnamon

Arango has one of the sweetest left pegs ever. He used to score rockets all the time too for Mallorca.

NoLogo

Dortmund was dominant in the first half but Hannover dominated the second half after fouling two Dortmund players out of the game.

Also Dortmund was denied two pretty clear penalties, one in the 92nd minute.

Still Dortmund looks too inconsistent atm.

Non the less Hannover is a team that keeps impressing me, they always fight like lions and make the most out of their limited abilities you have to respect that.

Sally Cinnamon

How was that not a pen, the one on Reus at the end? Didn't see a replay but it looked clear as day.

The Bayern match wasn't great, not much happened apart from the goals. They look a great team though. Think Shaqiri will be an amazing player.

Forevergiggs

How was that not a pen, the one on Reus at the end? Didn't see a replay but it looked clear as day.

The Bayern match wasn't great, not much happened apart from the goals. They look a great team though. Think Shaqiri will be an amazing player.
No way that was a penalty. Check it out again, the defender got the ball.

With Dortmund drawing tonight, Bundesliga is done. Crown Bayern champions now.

Scrumpet

There are no words
No way that was a penalty. Check it out again, the defender got the ball.

With Dortmund drawing tonight, Bundesliga is done. Crown Bayern champions now.
It's not over yet, but Dortmund can't really afford to be any further behind by the time they play Bayern in December.

Suedesi

It's not over yet, but Dortmund can't really afford to be any further behind by the time they play Bayern in December.
Dortmund are a machine, they will find the consistency domestically again.

Really interested to see how they fare vs Madrid.