Bundesliga 2012/2013

Blackwidow

Hamburg 0 - 3 Bayern FT. Great day for them with Schalke losing too.
Dortmund, Schalke and Bayern all played against Ex-Bayern-players that got coach after their footballing career. Labbadia at Stuttgart, Babbel at Hoffenheim and Fink at HSV (previous at Basel - some might remember).

The 2:0

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bayern are going to walk the league this time, I reckon Dortmund will be lucky to make CL with Schalke and Leverkusen looking very good.

Jaap

I, for one, don't think the league's finished yet. Only 10 matches played so far and Bayern will have a dip in form. Their performances and results heavily rely on Franck Ribéry.

Blackwidow

Honigstein took him as topic in his Bundesliga blog in the Guardian today. He just forget to mention his importance in the first goal, too. He won the arial duel and put the ball into Kroos feet - and after Kroos did not score directly and missed the time to pass when he still was uncovered - he saw Schweinsteiger coming behind him and took defenders with him by running into the middle so Schweinsteiger was totally unmarked for his header into the goal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/05/bayern-hamburg-thomas-muller-strike

@Jaap

Yes, Ribery is very important - but they won the first matches this year without a top form Ribery and some without Robben and Ribery. When they have problems it is often due to stupid mistakes or has to do with too slow movement in the midfield.

Minkaro

Watched the itv4 highlights show earlier. Cracking free kick from Reus, and it looked like Diego had a good game for Wolfsburg.

Mame Diouf didn't score for Hannover, but he came very close.

It's not the greatest show in terms of presentation, but it does the job.

Forevergiggs

That was a gift for the Mandzukic goal.

I am annoyed they aren't showing the Dortmund game because of some stupid David cup tie.

Baxter

Lewandowski hitting form now after a slowish start. 2 goals last week and got 2 already.

Baxter

Full time. Nurnberg 1-1 Bayern. Dortmund held on to the 3-1.

Jaap

Bayern with 31 points from 12 games - Dortmund on 22 and second place Schalke on 23 with their game on in an hour away to Leverkusen.

Blackwidow

Are you nuts?

It'll be between Bayern and Dortmund again
That is how it looks today:
1 Bayern München 12 matches - 33:5 goals - 31 points
2 FC Schalke 04 12 - 22:14 - 23 points
3 Eintracht Frankfurt (N) 12 - 25:18 - 23 points
4 Borussia Dortmund (M, P) 12 - 26:13 - 22 points
5 Bayer Leverkusen 12 - 21:17 - 21 points
6 Hannover 96 12 - 25:20 - 17 points

That is how it looked a year ago after matchday 12:

1 Bayern München 12 matches - 32:4 - 28 points
2 Borussia Dortmund (M) 12 - 26:9 - 23 points
3 Werder Bremen 12 - 23:16 - 23 points
4 Borussia M'gladbach 12 - 15:9 - 23 points
5 FC Schalke 04 (P) 12 - 24:18 - 22 points
6 Hannover 96 12 - 16:17 - 19 points

Bayern had 3 points less than today - Dortmund had one point more.
I just do not think that Dortmund can make a run like last year again - not if they play the CL, too. After matchday 12 they did not loose any match and drew only four times. And I do not think that Bayern has not learned anything out of last year.

Jaap

Dortmund win away to Mainz 2-1 - Lewandowski with a brace. Some sites crediting Reus with Dortmund's first but I think Lewandowski got a touch to it.

Blackwidow

Who is that child that was trying to close him down?
Steven Cherundulo - Hannover's captain - national player of the USA with 87 caps. He is 1,72 metres - taller than Lahm, Ribery and Shaqiri...

Just seems so small in that picture as there are some players with more than 1,90 m.

Bayern won 5:0 against Hannover, Dortmund 2:1 in Mainz, Schalke tied with Eintracht Frankfurt, Werder played against Wolfsburg 1:1 and the "Frankenderby" between Greuther Fürth and Nürnburg (the city's are 10 km from each other) was goalless.

Gomez came in and made his first game in the Bundesliga this season after his injury - he had his first goal after another 30 seconds :cool:

Bundesliga Table:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
What a team Borussia has built. Most of those players, maybe all in the first XI, are far better than me.

NM

What a team Borussia has built. Most of those players, maybe all in the first XI, are far better than me.
Umm, are you a pro football player? I'd expect players playing in the top leagues to be better than most of us...

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Umm, are you a pro football player? I'd expect players playing in the top leagues to be better than most of us...
No, I'm not... I'm actually embarrassingly shit at football, only started enjoying it with 15 or whatever, too late to gain any kind of coordination. That was just an understatement in jest.

Jaap

Borussia Dortmund are away to Bayern Munich next Saturday evening - unfortunately, kick-off's at the same time we are playing away against Reading.

misterredmist

Great highlights last night,. some cracking games, goals and atmo's at the Stadia.

Bayern look strong, Lewandowski for Dortmund was class, Schalke-Eintracht was a top game and Leverkusen looked good.

great League

NoLogo

Classy.
If Lewandwoski can keep up the form he has hit as of late he will be off in the summer.

He wants to play in the PL and interest in him seems to be quite high from a lot of the PL top teams.

Chelsea and Arsenal could probably be a good destination and I would have said even joining us would have been a good option if we hadn't bought RvP last summer.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If Chelsea can't get Falcao then they'll do everything they can to get Lewandowski I reckon. They could definitely do a lot worse, he'd be great for them.

Jaap

Heard about this this morning but it wasn't that big in the news so I thought it was fake. Is it now, Brwned?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Borussia Dortmund are away to Bayern Munich next Saturday evening - unfortunately, kick-off's at the same time we are playing away against Reading.
Really hope Dortmund win. Apart from really liking their style of play, I want this German league to be closely contested. The Spanish one is practically wrapped up already. Italian one will be close I think given Juve are faltering a bit.