Bundesliga 2012/2013

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
No way that was a penalty. Check it out again, the defender got the ball.

With Dortmund drawing tonight, Bundesliga is done. Crown Bayern champions now.
Last season Bayern started in tremendous form and Borussia was also rather poor. However Borussia completely outplayed them the rest of the season

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Dortmund sporting a 3-6-1 formation today with Bender in a libero position.

Leonardo Bittencourt is on the Dortmund bench, supposed to be a really big talent.

NoLogo

Dortmund is pretty much out of the race this season.

Main problem seems to be that they can't compensate for injuries at the back.

They still struggle to find a consistent form and are 12 points behind now a deficit that has never been overcome in the Bundesliga.

Most likely contender this year against Bayern seems to be Schalke, but we all know how it's going to end if they fight for the title. ^^

Bayerns form so far has been quite amazing.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu

They still struggle to find a consistent form and are 12 points behind now a deficit that has never been overcome in the Bundesliga.

Most likely contender this year against Bayern seems to be Schalke, but we all know how it's going to end if they fight for the title. ^^

Yea it seems Dortmund just didnt hit the ground the running like Bayern and then injuries have kicked in. Missing Schmelzer, Gotze, Gundogan today and the pair of Subotic/Hummels just hasnt seem the rock it was last season.

Bayern in buying Martinez, Mandzukic, Dante, Shaquiri have somehow strengthened and with Dortmund out of sorts look to be nailed on at this point.

Jaap

Bittencourt came on in the second half and did quite well, considering many others were below par for Dortmund. Schalke deserved the win - Holtby was superb as was Neustädter and Uchida.

Dortmund started with a 3-5-2 (Bender as sweeper, Hummels and Subotic as defenders with Piszczek and Großkreutz on the flanks) but changed to their usual system after they could not get a grip and struggled to get into the game. I have not seen them play that badly for a long, long time.

Bayern now 12 (!) points ahead of Dortmund, who were badly missing Schmelzer and particularly Gündogan and Götze.

Blackwidow

Yea it seems Dortmund just didnt hit the ground the running like Bayern and then injuries have kicked in. Missing Schmelzer, Gotze, Gundogan today and the pair of Subotic/Hummels just hasnt seem the rock it was last season.

Bayern in buying Martinez, Mandzukic, Dante, Shaquiri have somehow strengthened and with Dortmund out of sorts look to be nailed on at this point.
But it is the "old" guys that are doing the show. Müller is on 6 goals and 7 assists in the 6 and a half matches he played, Ribery has really been great in the last 3 or 4 matches, Kroos, Gustavo and Schweinsteiger each have 3 goals. Yes, Mandzukic is great with his 7 goals until now, too - and Dante is a great defender. Shaqiri has shown that he is somebody that really can make power again when you change him in and his set pieces are great. And Martinez still needs time and will get it - we hopefully need him at the end of the season.

------------------

And I still think that injury misery has to do with the playing style Dortmund has - you need to play on full energy all the time and that is so difficult to handle twice a week...

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
Bittencourt came on in the second half and did quite well, considering many others were below par for Dortmund. Schalke deserved the win - Holtby was superb as was Neustädter and Uchida.

Dortmund started with a 3-5-2 (Bender as sweeper, Hummels and Subotic as defenders with Piszczek and Großkreutz on the flanks) but changed to their usual system after they could not get a grip and struggled to get into the game. I have not seen them play that badly for a long, long time.

Bayern now 12 (!) points ahead of Dortmund, who were badly missing Schmelzer and particularly Gündogan and Götze.
Gundogan especially, he seemed to be picking up a good run of form from previous games I watched. Gotze has been hit and miss this season but still makes defense nervous.

But it is the "old" guys that are doing the show. Müller is on 6 goals and 7 assists in the 6 and a half matches he played, Ribery has really been great in the last 3 or 4 matches, Kroos, Gustavo and Schweinsteiger each have 3 goals. Yes, Mandzukic is great with his 7 goals until now, too - and Dante is a great defender. Shaqiri has shown that he is somebody that really can make power again when you change him in and his set pieces are great. And Martinez still needs time and will get it - we hopefully need him at the end of the season.

------------------

And I still think that injury misery has to do with the playing style Dortmund has - you need to play on full energy all the time and that is so difficult to handle twice a week...
Ribery looked fantastic today, albeit in a 20 minute window I saw when Bayern was 3-0. As you said the old guard still has the framework for the team and a return to form of Muller is so vital. Of course a healthy Schweinsteiger is the key imo.

NoLogo

I think a lot of the old Bayern players got some well needed motivational boost through the fact that now there are even more quality players competing for their place in the team.

Since Bayern bought Martinez, Luis Gustavo practically exploded playing on a level for Bayern he never has played before.

Same seems to be the case for Kroos, Schweinstiger, Ribery and Müller.

Alaba being back in the team will only further increase the competition for a starting spot in defense as well.

They have a quality team and an incredible squad depth atm, it will be hard for any team in the world to beat them this season, if they stay focused.

Ludens the Red

Yeah Bayern look awesome, won't be surprised to see them surpass Dortmunds points total from last season.
Mocking Schalke aside, I think they'll take a 2nd place finish and above Dortmund tbf.

Blackwidow

Gundogan especially, he seemed to be picking up a good run of form from previous games I watched. Gotze has been hit and miss this season but still makes defense nervous.

Ribery looked fantastic today, albeit in a 20 minute window I saw when Bayern was 3-0. As you said the old guard still has the framework for the team and a return to form of Muller is so vital. Of course a healthy Schweinsteiger is the key imo.
Müller was not out of form last year - apart from his own shooting. They did not play like they do today. He benefits a lot from permanent position changes they do right now and a fast play. That is great for his abilities - he just catches faster than the most persons when situations change. And with another type of striker than Gomez he can himself change often into the forward position. Apart from off days - that probably everybody has - you can explain his performances a lot with the style the team plays. When he cannot change positions very often, when he e.g. sticks only on the right side, when the match is very slow - he usually will have a more decent match...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Do you guys rate Lewis Holtby?
Always been a personal favorite for me when he ripped apart the English Premier League for my Wolves team in FM2011.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
Müller was not out of form last year - apart from his own shooting. They did not play like they do today. He benefits a lot from permanent position changes they do right now and a fast play. That is great for his abilities - he just catches faster than the most persons when situations change. And with another type of striker than Gomez he can himself change often into the forward position. Apart from off days - that probably everybody has - you can explain his performances a lot with the style the team plays. When he cannot change positions very often, when he e.g. sticks only on the right side, when the match is very slow - he usually will have a more decent match...
Thats what I meant, compared to his previous two seasons - for someone who logs the most minutes of the forwards (only Lahm, Badstuber and Neuer have logged more) - his production dropped.

I wonder if the balance is more in-tune with a more intelligent team player in Muller on the right and the more flair direct winger Ribery on the left. With both Ribery and Robben on the wings and both use to seeing alot of the ball just seems a battle to who sees the ball. Like you said with the style of the team, this current one suits him as shown by his statistics.

Blackwidow

Best man on the pitch - Mario Götze - scores Dortmund's second and wraps this one up surely.
Sorry. He just had an average match even if he scored the last goal. But that is the problem with muppetry. 2 shots and a key pass in 90 minutes are certainly no great match...

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
Sorry. He just had an average match even if he scored the last goal. But that is the problem with muppetry. 2 shots and a key pass in 90 minutes are certainly no great match...
Jaap is from Dortmund and is usually solid so I doubt it's muppetry BW. He also said best man on the pitch so given the snowy conditions and the 2-0 scoreline it doesn't seem a far fetched comment.

Blackwidow

Jaap is from Dortmund and is usually solid so I doubt it's muppetry BW. He also said best man on the pitch so given the snowy conditions and the 2-0 scoreline it doesn't seem a far fetched comment.
Freiburg should have had a penalty because of a hand of Lewandowski in the 15th minute - and Götze used his hand to control the ball before the 2:0.

You call that luck...

Jaap

He was the best player on the pitch, most certainly in the second half. Had a hand in Dortmund's best attacks, caused Freiburg trouble, drew the free-kick that led to Dortmund's first goal and scored their second.

I didn't say he was amazing or superb but the best player on the park - certainly an 8 rating for Götze, in my opinion.

Blackwidow

I watch a match between Stuttgart and Bayern right now. Very interesting. Oh, it is U19... There is no Monday match of the 2nd Bundesliga because of the Cup matches this week. So they show a match of the U19-Bundesliga. Bayern will not have a winger problem in the next years - and Austria and the US not either... ;)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I watch a match between Stuttgart and Bayern right now. Very interesting. Oh, it is U19... There is no Monday match of the 2nd Bundesliga because of the Cup matches this week. So they show a match of the U19-Bundesliga. Bayern will not have a winger problem in the next years - and Austria and the US not either... ;)
Which players are you talking about here?

Blackwidow

Which players are you talking about here?
Today Markoutz and Julian Green. Markoutz I have seen a couple of times now as he played with the first team in test matches. Friesenbichler will be one that catches a professional contract and will be the fourth striker in the Bayern team next year or the year after that. He reminded me on Müller the year before he came to the professionals - scored like shit in the test matches when he was playing with the pros.

I have not seen much of Julian Green before - but I like his moves. But there is a couple of players in the U23 that are promising, too. Hojberg, Schöpf, Derflinger etc. - especially the young Austrians.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Dortmund drawing 0-0 at half time at home to Stuttgart. Bayern are away to Hamburg later at 5:30.