Bundesliga 2012/2013

Blackwidow

Düsseldorf have equalised against Dortmund!

Großkreutz just missed a horrible sitter!
If Bayern wins tomorrow in Freiburg, they will have 11 points distance to Dortmund - that is then second or third. Leverkusen could be second with a win in Bremen (they would then be 10 points behind Bayern).

If Bayern would then win the match on Saturday against Dortmund they would be 14 points behind.

Klopp left out Gündogan, Götze and Hummels because of little injuries - but they would have played in important matches. Sometimes things like this backfire...

Blackwidow

very gutsy if true, how would they know how to change the lights? perhaps an inside job
Actually - no Dortmund fans but somebody promoting a new chalk-based event spray.

And the culprit even told to newspapers that he symphathizes with Bayern...

(You better have no fans than such fans).

Baxter

Juan Arango has scored one of the goals of the season. One of the best left foots in Europe.

Inspectah deck

Bayern vs Dortmund Tomorrow at 5:30 pm. I've been waiting on this game for weeks, game of the weekend that's for sure :drool:
Bayern are steam rolling opponents in the League, however if the "Champions League Dortmund" show up they have every chance of winning the game.
Dortmund are 11 points behind though and I'm not sure what that'll do for their motivation going into the game. IMO the League is done and dusted but I doubt they'll be going into the game with that mentality.​

Blackwidow

Bayern vs Dortmund Tomorrow at 5:30 pm. I've been waiting on this game for weeks, game of the weekend that's for sure :drool:
Bayern are steam rolling opponents in the League, however if the "Champions League Dortmund" show up they have every chance of winning the game.
Dortmund are 11 points behind though and I'm not sure what that'll do for their motivation going into the game. IMO the League is done and dusted but I doubt they'll be going into the game with that mentality.​
Maybe you should read some interesting facts from Impire data - that is the company in Germany that collects all Bundesliga data...

Bayern already has made 10 goals through counter attacks this year in the Bundesliga - they had 33 shots after counter attacks. None of their goals against until now has been from counter attacks of the opponent. Actually - Bayern is the team in Germany with the most goals after counter attacks.

Whereas Dortmund only had 3 goals through counter attacks in the Bundesliga so far - they had 10 shots after counter attacks. 3 of their goals against have been from counter attacks.

Surprising?

Forevergiggs

Is anyone else pissed that this game is 2300 IST, same time as our game. I was really looking forward to catch this but now will have to Tivo it and probably delete it in a few days without watching it as I couldn't resist checking out the score. :mad:

TheBest

SPNTBP
Is anyone else pissed that this game is 2300 IST, same time as our game. I was really looking forward to catch this but now will have to Tivo it and probably delete it in a few days without watching it as I couldn't resist checking out the score. :mad:
Very pissed. Even in EPL there is nothing on tv tomorrow but spurs, city, arsenal and liverpool are all playing at the same time.

Jaap

Three of my team-mates drove down to Munich this morning, cracked open their first beer two hours ago. :lol:

I'll have to check our score on my phone as I'm at a stag do and the soon-to-be-married fella, who's my girlfriend's brother, is a big Dortmund supporter. Münster it is in around four hours.

NoLogo

Yeah it's annoying, I hate watching two games at the same time.

I'll watch Bayern vs. Dortmund game on TV and United on a stream simply because I can watch Bundesliga in HD on my TV and PL usually is only in SD unless you have sport extra HD which for some reason isn't included in the normal sport package with Sky.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
At this rate if Bayern beat Dortmund they've pretty much got the title. Everyone below them continually drops points. Schalke have had 16 shots and still not a goal for them!

Scrumpet

There are no words
1-1 then. Two good finishes from Kroos and Götze.

League not quite over yet I'd say, though a Dortmund win would have made things more interesting.

NoLogo

I still pretty much think the league is as good as over.

Let's face it over the entire season Dortmund will remain Bayerns biggest competitor and they have a 11 points deficit to overcome, something that has never been done in the Bundesliga.

Bayerns rotation this season as well as their increased squad depth will ensure that they won't be caught anymore.

If there is one thing Dortmund is missing atm it's the ability to compensate for missing key players, something that will probably decide the league in their favor this season.

Of course the way that they have changed their tactical approach quite a bit has helped them immensely.

Might be that they won't win the league with an 11 point lead but I still am fairly certain they will win it.

Blackwidow

I still pretty much think the league is as good as over.

Let's face it over the entire season Dortmund will remain Bayerns biggest competitor and they have a 11 points deficit to overcome, something that has never been done in the Bundesliga.

Bayerns rotation this season as well as their increased squad depth will ensure that they won't be caught anymore.

If there is one thing Dortmund is missing atm it's the ability to compensate for missing key players, something that will probably decide the league in their favor this season.

Of course the way that they have changed their tactical approach quite a bit has helped them immensely.

Might be that they won't win the league with an 11 point lead but I still am fairly certain they will win it.
The problem of Dortmund are not the big matches. Bayern might have learned their lesson with them what the other European teams do not have by now - that might be the difference. Their last 3 Bundesligamatches (apart from the Cup and the Supercup where there were other rules - especially one week prior to the CL final) were pretty equal - with a little more luck to Dortmund in the first ones.

The problem is the other teams in the Bundesliga - you really need to concentrate on every match and take every match serious. And that is what Dortmund did not this series - and they have problems with teams that sit back and break on their own. Bayern had 10 counter goals this season even as a ball possession team (they changed their tactics) - Dortmund only had 3. And Dortmund caught goals by counters - what Bayern did not. With 11 points behind it is even more difficult to concentrate as if you have the prey just a little in front of you. It has a lot to do with motivation. I even believe that an international title might be easier to get - with the right teams and luck on the way - then the Bundesliga for Dortmund. Bayern does not make the same mistakes anymore.

Badstuber has a cruciate ligament rupture and will be out of play the whole season.

Baxter

Arnautovic has scored a hat trick meaning Hoffenheim are 4-1 down at home to Bremen. Think Babbel will be out of a job very soon.

Blackwidow

If Leverkusen doesn't manage to win tomorrow against Hannover I think it's def over.

Dortmund and Schalke are definitely out of the title race after today.
You know why Leverkusen is called Vizekusen or Neverkusen... Dortmund with 14 points behind is more dangerous...

And even if they would get close until the end of the season - the last match is in Hamburg. And I bet Fink would make this a new Unterhaching... :cool:
(just for the background of this - Leverkusen was very near to the title in 2000, with a win in Unterhaching - a suburb of Munich - they would have made it. But they did not win there.... - Fink is the ex-Basel coach who played for Bayern and who coaches Hamburg now).

NoLogo

Yeah I know.

They are also just showing why.

Causing two stupid penalties is not the way to win a championship.

Well I guess that settles the matter if someone can keep up with Bayern this year, the answer seems to be no.

Looks like a one horse race this year.

Scrumpet

There are no words
It'd be just swell if Bayern were kind enough to have a little implosion to make things interesting.

NoLogo

Also kinda amazing that there are only 6 points between the 3rd and the 11th place.

Bayern has really been the only team that season who got through their games like a champion.

I also doubt that they will implode, they just look much more stable then in previous seasons and the fact that they rotate much more then during the last years will help them to prevent getting too tired towards the end of the season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't have time to really follow this league closely.I just regularly look at the fixtures, results and tables.Bayern Munich :eek: they've been rather amazing

Midfield

Red
I read somewhere that Dortmund fans break into Bayern's Allianz Arena, spray BVB logos on windows & make the Stadium yellow. Is that true? :lol:

Blackwidow

I read somewhere that Dortmund fans break into Bayern's Allianz Arena, spray BVB logos on windows & make the Stadium yellow. Is that true? :lol:

It was not Dortmund fans (they even told their sympathy was for Bayern) but somebody that wanted to do advertising for a new spray-on (and easy removable) crayon who used the match Bayern vs Dortmund as publicity.

But the rest is right.

NoLogo

Yeah it was more of a publicity stunt or underground marketing event than anything else.

So two more games to go for Bayern to break their own half time record from 7 years ago.

I have a good feeling that they can do it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Gladbach currently leading in Munich. 25 Minutes played, pretty entertaining game.

/
right now it's 1:1 (Shaqiri scored his first Bundesliga goal) with ten minutes to go. Bayern with 10+ to 1 shots in both halves :D

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Bayern pretty dominant but didn't really look like scoring that second goal. What's the consensus on Shaqiri?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern pretty dominant but didn't really look like scoring that second goal. What's the consensus on Shaqiri?
Pretty impressive for his age. I always thought of him as a winger, but most of the time he played behind the striker, as a back up for Kroos or as a more attacking option like today when Kroos went back into central midfield.

He's still far away from the starting lineup, which isn't surprising with Ribery, Müller, Kroos and Robben ahead of him. But he's the only Bayern player who scored in all three competitions (league, cup and champions league). So you could call him an important squad player. I wouldn't worry if he had to start in a CL knock out game because of suspensions and injuries.

Blackwidow

You need to translate that, too...

There will not be an end of the world before we win against Italy... :cool:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
So it's never gonna happen? No end of the world, ever? Good to know.