Bundesliga 2016/17

WhoDaGOAT

And yet some Bayern fans will be disappointed with the season overall. :lol:

High standards.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Would love to have an extended full length GIF of Gustavo completely losing his shit after his second yellow :lol: :lol:
Amazing stuff

KN5

And yet some Bayern fans will be disappointed with the season overall. :lol:

High standards.
It's because the league is shite and they always cruise through it. Europe is where it matters for a team that can rest it's players literally whenever they want.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Wolfsburg were disgraceful for around 80 minutes of that match.

Classic Müller goal that :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What's the deal with the bayern fans and DFB?(banner there means "DFB F*ck Off")

Blackwidow

Ho hum. No real challenger. Like France in the 2000s and Scotland annually.
Actually - Dortmund with the points from last year would be ahead of Bayern right now. And this year they made 2 points more out of the direct duels than they did last season. Bayern's season was far from perfect.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Actually - Dortmund with the points from last year would be ahead of Bayern right now. And this year they made 2 points more out of the direct duels than they did last season. Bayern's season was far from perfect.

Well, but Dortmund doesn’t have as many points as last year. This bundesliga season was shit. It just lacked quality from top to bottom. I have no problem when we dominate the league, because we play awesome. Yet this season we didn’t, but other decent teams struggled at best (Dortmund; Gladbach) or are having a shocker (Leverkusen, Schalke). It is nothing new, that the big teams are disappointing and only smaller teams are playing at their limit.

Just to add that before people are going to jump at me: Dortmund lost 3 key players and replaced them with youngsters. So it is normal that they lack a bit of consistency. I am not blaming them for that at all. Other top teams just don’t get their shit together. Leverkusen is probably the biggest disappointment. Völler needs to feck off and someone qualified needs to take over. I still think that they have a fantastic squad (considering their resources), but they waste all that talent. Gladbach are a mixed bag. I understand that they are not consistently playing at the top level, but sticking with Schubert was a huge mistake. It was fairly apparent at the end of last season that he is just benefiting from the tactical foundation of Favre. They should have replaced him properly last summer; he was never more than a care-taker.
I don’t even know whats going on with Schalke. I thought that getting Heidel + Weinzierl would be a great move, that might finally stabilize them, but the opposite happened. Additionally I just don’t rate players like Burgstaller, Caligiuri, Schöpf, Bentaleb, Stambouli, aogo, Riether&Co. Their squad is turning into Wolfsburg 2.0. I didn’t expect anything from Wolfsburg, so their performance doesn’t surprise me. Just mind-boggling how long they sticked to Ismael.
Leipzig and Hoffenheim are positive surprises and hopefully Leipzig can push forward and establish itself as top team. With the current squad Hoffenheim should be mid-table at best. I still don’t know how they are doing it. They are obviously well coached and motivated. But come on. Sandro fecking Wagner. Do I have to say anything else?

Hertha and Köln are making the best out of fairly limited quality. I can appreciate teams, that are well organized, but at times both are slightly boring to watch.
Big shout out to Bremen. Hopefully they can finish 5th and build on the season. They were really unfortunate during the first half of the season but kept calm and dug themselves out of their hole. Hopefully they reward themselves for it. Their fans are also brilliant and deserve some success after sticking loyally to their team despite all the struggle on the pitch.

WhoDaGOAT

Our life insurance. And he is definitely for sale
He's always been a pretty good player. Apart from a short loan spell at Blackburn when he was younger, he's been fairly prolific for most of his career.

At 29, maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea to cash in on him and buy a good young striker + improve other positions?

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
He's always been a pretty good player. Apart from a short loan spell at Blackburn when he was younger, he's been fairly prolific for most of his career.

At 29, maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea to cash in on him and buy a good young striker + improve other positions?
Yes thats the plan for Cologne, they would have sold him in the winter but there were no alternatives available in the short periode of time. Sell him and buy 2 or 3 players to strenghten the squad.

Blackwidow

Disgraceful! Robben has lost it. Bayern will have to buy Griezmann to replace him ASAP! ;):lol:
Did the same again in a trainings match on Wednesday. So goalkeepers be aware... he sometimes (not often) can use his right foot and sometimes even shots in the other corner...

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Dortmund Hoffenheim looks like a good match so far, it'll probably turn to shit now that I started watching.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Nice move from Hoffenheim started by Kramaric who seems to have found a good level here.
Really dangerous challenge by Castro here. Deserved yellow. The first half ends now though.

Last edited: