Bundesliga 2016/17

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So let's discuss what's wrong with Völler.

Hannover - 1.17 ppm
Kaiserslautern - 1.06 ppm [2nd div, didn't last 20matches]
Leverkusen - 0.78 ppm

How does someone with those stats get the job at Leverkusen and perhaps even more importantly a job guarantee for the remaining fixtures?

Völler repeatedly said that they just need one win from their last fixtures and acted like it's just a matter of time until they get it. Seems a bit to me like he doesn't appreciate their current situation. The team has no stability and the teams behind them are no stinkers, all of them (even Darmstadt now) play decent football and seem to have that relegation battle bite that Leverkusen certainly seem to be lacking.
Should Ingolstadt somehow manage to beat Lepzsch today then even direct relegation won't be out the question for a lot of clubs.

Usually I'm against sacking the coach for the sake of it in those situations, but Korkut quite clearly is what we call a good old "Rohrkrepierer" in Germany and unlike all of their competition the team doesn't look one bit like they realize how close to the edge they really are.

Last edited:

Kant-ona

Leverkusen imo made a mistake by appointing Korkut. Korkut is good enough for a team like Hannover. Maybe.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Image if Bayern lost today. They would probably collapse in big style. They are lucky they only have 4 games to play, 8 point-lead and a better GD on Leipzig.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Image if Bayern lost today. They would probably collapse in big style. They are lucky they only have 4 games to play, 8 point-lead and a better GD on Leipzig.
Bayern don't do that and people are exaggerating big time, they lost narrowly to Real and Dortmund and dropped a few points inbetween when they focused on other competitions instead of the already decided Bundesliga.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Here we go again: 16minutes, 2:0 Werder. 9 wins a 2 draws in the last 11 games at the moment. Kruse & Bartels with goal and assist.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Here we go again: 16minutes, 2:0 Werder. 9 wins a 2 draws in the last 11 games at the moment. Kruse & Bartels with goal and assist.
Usually pays off to hire new managers rather than recycle guys that have already proven that they suck. Nagelsmann, Nouri, Frings and so on doing a good job.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Shame Darmstadt can´t keep their team together. The current squad with a proper manager plus Großkreutz would have a great chance to get back up.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
When relegation is all but fact, Darmstadt (colon town, heeheehee) start scoring for fun. :lol:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
So let's discuss what's wrong with Völler.

Hannover - 1.17 ppm
Kaiserslautern - 1.06 ppm [2nd div, didn't last 20matches]
Leverkusen - 0.78 ppm

How does someone with those stats get the job at Leverkusen and perhaps even more importantly a job guarantee for the remaining fixtures?

Völler repeatedly said that they just need one win from their last fixtures and acted like it's just a matter of time until they get it. Seems a bit to me like he doesn't appreciate their current situation. The team has no stability and the teams behind them are no stinkers, all of them (even Darmstadt now) play decent football and seem to have that relegation battle bite that Leverkusen certainly seem to be lacking.
Should Ingolstadt somehow manage to beat Lepzsch today then even direct relegation won't be out the question for a lot of clubs.

Usually I'm against sacking the coach for the sake of it in those situations, but Korkut quite clearly is what we call a good old "Rohrkrepierer" in Germany and unlike all of their competition the team doesn't look one bit like they realize how close to the edge they really are.
Why does Korkut even have the reputation do get those high profile jobs in the first place? Especially now after he had flopped at Hannover and Lautern?
AFAIK he's never achieved anything at all..

Is he the second coming of Robin Dutt?
I.e., a guy that shines in the coaching badges courses, is eloquent in presentations and job interviews but completely inept in managing a team successfully in real life?
A fraud?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Now is the time to give our youngsters a chance. I'd like to see
Ulreich
Kimmich - CB - CB (not sure who's available ^^) - Alaba
Vidal - Sanches
Thiago/Müller
Coman - Lewa - Costa
Do it Carlo. This aging team needs the succession of young players.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Coman and Kimmich are both playing, Costa only on the bench. I think he's gone in the summer and to be honest i would be happy about that.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Now is the time to give our youngsters a chance. I'd like to see
Ulreich
Kimmich - CB - CB (not sure who's available ^^) - Alaba
Vidal - Sanches
Thiago/Müller
Coman - Lewa - Costa
Do it Carlo. This aging team needs the succession of young players.

Well next week against Darmstadt, you have to play the 11 players that are the most drunk. We need that win for a miracle that would make Leicesters title look like childs play. :nervous:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Shame Darmstadt can´t keep their team together. The current squad with a proper manager plus Großkreutz would have a great chance to get back up.
Proper Manager? Look what Frings is doing with this club. That's just briliant. 3 wins in a row, first time in their Bundesliga history.

Blackwidow

What happened with Costa?
Nothing. He had his great 2 months when he still had form from the Ukraine but after that he already started to suck. In difference to Coman who is an individualist who plays together with the team (but still is young and was injured long at the beginning of the season) he is more the "Hollywood"-type of player. Like Robben was years ago before he started to really connect to the team - but far from his class as individualist or as a goal scorer. He reminds me a lot of Shaqiri.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Proper Manager? Look what Frings is doing with this club. That's just briliant. 3 wins in a row, first time in their Bundesliga history.
This was in regards to the former manager. Saying that this squad is not nearly as bad as Meier made them look. Hence they´d have a chance to go back up with Frings. If they lose Sulu, Vrancic, Platte, Gondorf, Altintop and Heller though, they´ll struggle to just establish themselves in the 2nd Bundesliga. :(

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kruse's stats in April:
6 matches: 8 goals 4 assists

This was in regards to the former manager. Saying that this squad is not nearly as bad as Meier made them look. Hence they´d have a chance to go back up with Frings. If they lose Sulu, Vrancic, Platte, Gondorf, Altintop and Heller though, they´ll struggle to just establish themselves in the 2nd Bundesliga. :(
Don't kid yourself. Darmstadt are in a unique situation, everyone "has" to win against them and is playing under a lot of pressure, they got literally nothing to lose and everyone is playing for a new contract somewhere else.

Last edited:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Kruse's stats in April:
6 matches: 8 goals 4 assists
he is a good player who suffered from injuries and bad form during the first part of the season. I was surprised that he joined Bremen, when he could have started for a team that plays EL. Now Bremen might actually qualify for European football, which would be great. Thomas Delaney, who joined during the winter also turns out to be a bargain. I am fairly impressed by him.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
he is a good player who suffered from injuries and bad form during the first part of the season. I was surprised that he joined Bremen, when he could have started for a team that plays EL. Now Bremen might actually qualify for European football, which would be great. Thomas Delaney, who joined during the winter also turns out to be a bargain. I am fairly impressed by him.
We were his first station in professional football, so it was surely a plus for us to get him. (This time Diego was on his position and there was no chance for him.) His negative headlines were surely a reason, why not every club wanted him. Very happy to have him here, best player in the league in the second half of the season.

Jaap

Looks like Coman has had a good game so far. Now his future is settled maybe he can kick on.
Add Kimmich to that as well - but it's Wolfsburg, hardly a tough opponent. Those players will win you these games but will not be good enough against the best sides in Europe.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Wob has to be careful, i can really see them going down. They should be able to at least win one of the last three matches (Frankfurt (A) Gladbach(H) and Hamburg (A)) though.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Add Kimmich to that as well - but it's Wolfsburg, hardly a tough opponent. Those players will win you these games but will not be good enough against the best sides in Europe.
The same could be said for the old guard. At least the young talents can still improve and might reach the level we need, if we give them enough playing time.