Bundesliga 2016/17

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:lol::lol::lol:
Never underestimate Bruno´s teams ability to break apart. Good ole HSV.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Shame on you:lol: I always found that notion of Leverkusen actually being able to challenge for more than the 3rd spot hilarious. Schmidt is way too easy to be found out with his tactics
More like shame on me for jinxing HSVs win with my post :(

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I was thinking the same too. It's funny to say it, but it's true, that Ribéry remains somehow very underrated. And indeed, his contribution to the current status of the FCB cannot be overstated.
Let's not forget Robben though. And Müller and Lahm. Etc.

Safe to say it makes me happy to see Ribéry back playing regularly for us on top of his game.
I'd forgotten how that feels like, and didn't really think it would happen again.
Close between him and Lahm imo. The latter is just so damn consistent for around a decade now.

Too bad that one of them is annoying as hell in interviews while the other is a cúnt on the pitch.

That’s true. You can certainly make a case for Lahm as well. Ribery´s arrival had just such a huge impact on Bayern´s development that it is hard to look past him. He was dragging us forward, when the likes of Sosa, Altintop, Ottl, Oddo, Lell, Borowski, Podolski, dos santos, schlaudraff, Contento, Braafheid or Pranjic were bumbling about. Also, when on top of his game he was/is one level above the likes of Robben or Müller. It goes without saying that he is a massive cnut. No doubt about that and his behavior drives me nuts. He acts like a spoilt petulant child all the damn time.

My point is, that we can´t expect to replace him like for like. Robben, Costa or Coman are all great winger, but none of them has the play-making ability of Ribery. If we play a normal 433/4231 without him, our creative midfield needs to step it up or we end-up quite one-paced.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
Pwned by some finnish nobody within 10 minutes. You couldn't make this up:lol:
I've watched a lot of Düsseldorf games in the last year and Pohjanpalo was absolutely hopeless... I guess he's mad at me for leaving him on the Interactive bench as well. F* sake

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bürki - Piszczek, Sokratis, Bartra, Schmelzer - Rode, Weigl - Castro, Götze, Schürrle - Aubameyang

Götze with his "debut".

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bürki - Piszczek, Sokratis, Bartra, Schmelzer - Rode, Weigl - Castro, Götze, Schürrle - Aubameyang

Götze with his "debut".
From the looks of it Castro either reprises his role of the last season as RAM or Tuchel tries something completely new with a diamond formation and two strikers.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Are Borussia Monchengladbach any good? Will they cause City problems in the CL?

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
They just lost 3-1 against Freiburg which was totally unexpected. Usually they are very strong against the big teams though, especially at home.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
They gave them a hard time last year in the CL group phase. They gave us a hard time last year in the BuLi, too. If they can play up to their limit, it should be at least exciting to watch

Blackwidow

The pressing of Gladbach could give City some big problems. They are fine passing around Peplike already - but a good pressing for sure will interrupt it as they aren't that secure right now.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What the heck is this advertisement board which restricts the coaching zone? Is that even allowed?

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No way in hell can Leipzig sustain this level of pressing the whole game. They run a lot more than us.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
especially weigl and piszczek have been worryingly bad so far, it's not even funny. weigl needs to get a grip at one point that season, and i'd like that to be rather sooner than later.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He is a bit out of form, but this is also a very hard game for Weigl. Leipzig invests a lot to restrict his area of influence. Piszu needs to up his game, though. With Passlack
waiting behind him, he needs to show more.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Castro at all and can't believe he's playing over Dembele?

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Castro at all and can't believe he's playing over Dembele?
castro has been struggling lately, yep. but then so did dembele, understandably. all in all, dortmund are still lacking consistently classy performances, but that's also not too surprising imho. meh.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Weigl has looked pretty bad, but that'S at least partly because Leipzig play with very very intense pressing with a focus on him, while Dortmund don't offer him enough options to safely play his way out of trouble.
Castro just isn't a good winger for Dortmund's style, imho Tuchel should either sub him or move him to the center. Pulisic/Dembele could be devastating subs if Leipzig end up tiring towards the end of the game.

Götze has kind of impressed me (at least in relation to all the bad stuff that's been written about him lately), not really al ot of hollywood moments, but he's keeping the ball well under pressure and manages to put some sharpness into the attacks from time to time.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Please get Guerreiro on so that our set pieces suck at least a little bit less. Jesus...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why doesn't Tuchel make any changes? This obviously isn't working for Dortmund and situations like this is why they bought so much depth.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
dembele and guerreiro both come in with immediate impact.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Put the Dortmund game on as I have retired from English football after today

Leipzig are the brand new team aren't they? There stadium looks pretty full which is kinda surprising

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Dembele is very exciting player to watch, hopefully shows bit more composure. His technical ability is just superb.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Dortmund 1-0 down. Commentator said ex Dortmund player scored the goal.

Edit: Maybe not, I must have heard it wrong.