Bundesliga 2016/17

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Not undeserved. Leipzig has been playing with a lot of energy and organization

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
Dortmund look kind of uninspiring. No real urgency and not enough threat.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's wrong with you Dortmund.
We lost a whole axis this summer, whom most of our attacks were build around. Just signing good players does not recreate the unit we were last season. That takes time and especially today all our build up players were poor. That results in a dire performance as this one.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
We lost a whole axis this summer, whom most of our attacks were build around. Just signing good players does not recreate the unit we were last season. That takes time and especially today all our build up players were poor. That results in a dire performance as this one.
Leipzig shut down your midfield. You were never able to control the game. Not sure if this can be attributed to the players who left.
Pretty surprised by the atmosphere there, btw. The soda supporters seem to be pretty frenetic.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like the look of this Leipzig team and, with Hasenhuttl as the coach, I think they'll end up as one of my favourite teams to watch. Brilliant win today!

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Leipzig is a team that could really go either way depending on the start of the season. They have a shitload of young talent, that could have been overwhelmed by a bad start, but now that they are flying,
they could as well go on a run and challenge for the top six.

SV Anti-Pep 98

Possession 22%
Possession of the ball in the opposing box 0%
Attempted shots 0
Attempted shots on goal 0
Attempted crosses 1
Attempted crosses on goal 1
Points 3

:lol:

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
leipzig looked fierce today, and i can already see them surf a wave of euphoria for the time being; they could easily win the hearts of so-far indifferent/doubtful football fans in the eastern part of germany that is in dire need of something positive to add to the mental landscape, so to speak. their coach is kinda perfect for a first season in bundesliga 1, and their new talents already sealed the win today, so that's that. but let's see. the whole stadium plastered in REDBULL was still annoying though..

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leipzig shut down your midfield. You were never able to control the game. Not sure if this can be attributed to the players who left.
Pretty surprised by the atmosphere there, btw. The soda supporters seem to be pretty frenetic.
Yes, and it was our failure to let them do that. What Leipzig did was not unique. We played a lot of teams who tried to pressure our midfield, but nearly always dealt (as in playing around the pressing) with it better than today. Probably the biggest key player to play around it was Hummels, who got behind the pressing lines with his long range passing. Bartra can play that aswell and has already shown this with us, but he was poor today. That is of course not enough to explain today´s performance. On top of that no central midfielder played clean football today. Each of Weigl, Castro and Rode had at least half a dozen technical errors in their game. Infact the only one of the offensive unit who showed clean ball control today was Götze. Our FBs especially Pisczu were not playing well either, so we lacked width aswell.

When half the team does not perform to their usual standart and the opponent knows what they are doing, you lose a game in the Bundesliga. It is as simple as that.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
i really enjoy guerreiro's movement on the pitch whenever he's been getting his minutes. he's sooo football-smart, and we're clearly lacking in that department since gündogan's departure. young dembele was a joy to watch when he had the ball tonight - his defending is still shambolic though.

rode, weigl and castro was an odd pairing (threesome?) that clearly didn't pan out as expected. that was just...nothing.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I had a Leipzig win against Dortmund on my accy and was so happy (because Barca vs Alaves was the last game).
Are Borussia Monchengladbach any good? Will they cause City problems in the CL?
Schubert's away record with Mönchengladbach is poor.
Who the heck is Pohjanpalo?

4 goals in 30 minutes of playing time! :eek:
It will be interesting to see if he can keep that form over the next weeks or that was it already like for example Castaignos for Eintracht Frankfurt last season (4 goals in the first 4 games and 0 goals in the other games).

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
RB Leipzig result was a sure surprise. . . They could be the Hoffenheim of 2007/8 this season. Great start for them.

Very dissappointing Eintracht result v Darmstadt. To have 73% possession and lose to a fluke of a goal (that was clearly a cross) in the last minute is a bitter pill to take.

On the Kicker fantasy league. . . They appear to award points (which can be positive or negative) to players. . .Can someone elaborate on this further as to how they come up with these points?

Ta.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
wait what? Thought the game was done when I checked halftime.. 4:3, 10 minutes left and one man down?

Bole Top

I placed a bet they will score the next goal when it was 4-1 and did the same when it was 4-3. now I'll bet they will score the fifth.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
On the Kicker fantasy league. . . They appear to award points (which can be positive or negative) to players. . .Can someone elaborate on this further as to how they come up with these points?

Ta.
Think the points are somehow derived from the grades kicker awards the players after games (1-6). Grade worse than 4 gets you negative points or something like that. No idea whether there are extra points for goals/assists

ctp

Well, that was fun (for 60 minutes)...

Really poor reaction to being a man down. No need to be so passive and give away a three goal lead. When we started attacking again at 4-4 we created a bunch of chances. Where was that at 4-1? Subs weren't great either. We were clearly struggling with their gazillion strikers, Schmidt should have brought on Bungert and gone five at the back.

At least we can make up for it in just four days. Time for Europe, time to smash St Etienne :drool:

As an aside, had Bussmann been wearing the red shirt of another club from a city whose name starts with M, he'd have gotten away with a yellow *cough*

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Think the points are somehow derived from the grades kicker awards the players after games (1-6). Grade worse than 4 gets you negative points or something like that. No idea whether there are extra points for goals/assists
The points in hte kicker fantasy league are as follows:

Rating performance from Kicker: -10 to 10 points [player must have played 30m]
Goals: GK (6 points), Def (5 points), Midfielder (4 points), Attacker (3 points)
Sent Off: Straight Red (-6 points), Yellow then Red (-3 points)
Assist: 1 point
Starting player: 2 points
Used as a substitute: 1 point
Keeper Clean Sheet: 2 points
MOTM: 3 points

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Oh damn.

Just when i was getting excited for that Klostermann kid with his unbelievable pace, after having watched him run about twice as fast as Brazilian striking progeny Gabigol in that Olympics final, I now have to read he has torn his ACL in training.
Sad news.

Not to mention I have him in my kicker game team. Hope that didn't cause it .