Bundesliga 2016/17

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Yeah, thats not it. This was not a problem of balls but their lungs. They invested all they had in the 70 minutes and barely stayed on their feet the remainder of the game. They payed for their physically extremely demanding playing style, simple as that.
Seems that it's often the game plan for underdogs. Put up a great fight as long as possible, sit deep & pray for the remainder of the game. I remember quite a few Bayern games in the past few seasons that were only decided in the second half, when the opponent had exhausted himself.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Neuer - Rafinha, Martinez, Hummels, Alaba - Alonso - Thiago, Vidal - Robben, Lewandowski, Costa

Oldonso starting again. Makes sense against a counter machine like Gladbach...

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
Would have loved Kimmich instead of Alonso.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Robben starting again. That's what, 3 games in a row without an injury? Hat's off to him.

Not trying to jinx it..

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Poor Martinez... him and Vidal could provide so much to make Thiago shine as a 10. It's a real tragedy.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
R. Schmidt is such a detestable human being, I hope the DFB really fecks him on the ruling.

Kudos to Nagelsmann though, that guy seems to the most level headed guy in Bundesliga.

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
R. Schmidt is such a detestable human being, I hope the DFB really fecks him on the ruling.

Kudos to Nagelsmann though, that guy seems to the most level headed guy in Bundesliga.
What did he do this time?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
No Boateng either

what the hell Carlo

oh dear

Hummels, Martinez, Alonso, that's slow, slower, slowest

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Characteristic one-touch counter by Gladbach.

Rafinha good, too.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
How has Renato Sanches been doing for Bayern so far this season?
Not too well. Was pretty bad in his first couple of appearances, has becoming better though and seems less nervous now.
Has started I think a couple of games, and has had some sort of sub appearance, even if short sometimes, in most other games.

Does definitively not look like at the level to start for us yet, and to me it seems he might still be feeling like he needs to prove something - he doesn't, it's all good.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Nice dive from Martinez, I hate it how referees always give a freekick to the defender in these situations.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Vidal 1:0

Once again a very, very good start from us. Let's hope we can keep it up this time.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Bayern look fantastic so far...i thought they were meant to be shit with Ancelotti

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
2-0 Douglas Costa.

Anyone know the possession stats so far?

edit -

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Fantastic display from Bayern so far, Gladbach without a chance.

I think this game showcases what Ancelotti still sees in Alonso despite the obvious problems in other games.

Rafinha is a great back up, too.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Only one chance for our opponent per half, one of them offside. Not a lot of fireworks offensively, but very composed and solid.
Rafinha my MotM

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What did he do this time?
"Gar nichts war das! Was bist Du denn für ein Spinner?", hatte Schmidt nach einer strittigen Szene kurz nach der Halbzeitpause in Richtung Nagelsmann gerufen: "Halt doch einfach mal die Schnauze!"

I'd roughly translate that to: "That was nothing! What kind of lunatic are you? Why don't you shut your gob!?" he said that towards Nagelsmann and the Sky mics picked it up.

I think he also said something which amounts to "kiss my ass" and "you think you invented football, dont you?" - that stuff is not quoted on the news sites, but it's audible in Sky's highlights. I think the second one is particularly amusing, since aside from Zorniger, Schmidt is precisely the one German coach I would've attributed that kind of mindset to.

and in the post match he commented the situation with "Ich habe dem vierten Offiziellen die Chance gegeben, mich auf die Tribüne zu verweisen. Anscheinend ist das so, dass man das so nicht sagen darf, das muss man akzeptieren"
which I would translate as: "I gave the fourth official the chance to send me to the stands, apparently it's the case that you aren't allowed to say such things and one has to accept that".

Völler was also quick to step in and said: "Mir tat der Schiedsrichter fast ein bisschen leid, weil er es eigentlich nicht machen wollte. Aber es haben zu viele Leute gehört, vor allem ihr von Sky. Dann ist es für ihn schwierig, ein Auge zuzudrücken."
which roughly translates to: "I almost felt a but sorry for the referee, because he didn't really want to do it [send off Schmidt], but too many people heard it, you guys from Sky in particular and therefore it's hard for him to turn a blind eye to it." :wenger:

Schmidt still has his two match probation from the Dortmund incident hanging over his head and given that he's a serial offender he might miss like 3-5 matches, apparently there is no precedent, so the DFB judges can really go to town on him.

Last edited:

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Really? Yelling obscenities is enough to get a coach sent off and then banned for several days? What delicate sensibilities!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Neuer - Rafinha, Martinez, Hummels, Alaba - Alonso - Thiago, Vidal - Robben, Lewandowski, Costa

Oldonso starting again. Makes sense against a counter machine like Gladbach...
Looks like the old man did quite well, at least according to reports. ;)

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
Schalke seem to get their shite together just in time for the Revierderby next Saturday.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Brause Leipzig in 2nd spot... this Bundesliga season is rather crazy so far, only Bayern does (nearly) business as usual.