g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bundesliga 2017/18

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leon Bailey is faster than Donovan Bailey. Comes on and scores. It´s amazing that ESPN managed a best 11 under 21 with two Leverkusen players and neither was Bailey or Havertz. of couese not as funny as Renato Sanches being in that starting 11.
And a carbon copy of his first goal to nail his brace. Some Boszesque defending from Hannover though. Acres of space for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wonder who is going to get the stoppage time winner this match. If Leverkusen can't win this Dortmund will actually finish the "Hinrunde" in the CL ranks, despite not showing up for half of it :houllier:

Very "competitive" league this season.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Leno has become so poor over the last 2 years. There was a point where he was a competitor to Ter Stegen, no competition between the two now. Stupid decision from Leno to come out for the ball then and he has been making basic errors consistently.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's up with Leipzig today.

Berlin had player sent off after 7 minutes yet are 0-3 up.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
What's up with Leipzig today.

Berlin had player sent off after 7 minutes yet are 0-3 up.
Ya, just seen. Well done Hertha, must be said.

Edit: I jinxed them. 1-3 just now. Feck it, i'm watching this.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Much competitive, very excite

Places 2-10 are only 6 points apart, we have literally 4 teams at equal 28 points. And that's because everyone is shit this year, only Bayern managed to turn things around.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Much competitive, very excite

Places 2-10 are only 6 points apart, we have literally 4 teams at equal 28 points. And that's because everyone is shit this year, only Bayern managed to turn things around.
It's not that surprising really...Leipzig, Hoffenheim, Hertha (and Köln) have all struggled to cope with the additional workload that CL/EL games bring. Schalke, Leverkusen and Gladbach have all had a subpar 2016/17 season and are not gonna turn things around that quickly....which means we get a bunch of teams who are not able to play at their best at all times.
The biggest surprise to me has been Dortmund's poor performance but I expect that to change now that Bosz is gone.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Having Dortmund, Schalke and Neverkusen/Gladbach in the CL would be good for BuLi, though they are equally shit at the moment.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Having Dortmund, Schalke and Neverkusen/Gladbach in the CL would be good for BuLi, though they are equally shit at the moment.
The sad part is that neither Gladbach, Leverkusen or Schalke will be able to hang onto their top young talent. That´s really the sad part. Leverkusen has so many young quality players coming through with Alario, Brandt, Havertz, Henrichs, Bailey and Tah, but one by one the top teams home and abroad will take them away. Same with Schalke with Goretzka, Meyer, McKennie and Harit. The same with Gladbach and Zakari, Cuisance, Oxford, Elvedi and so on. I don´t know how in the hell Gladbach found Cuisance for 250k. That´s just insane. The kid plays with a swagger, like he owns the world at age 18. While you could see Oxford mainly played sideway passes not to make a huge mistake in defensive midfield in his 2nd start, Cuisance always looked to advance play, looking to make decisive passes.

I think the next big power shift in European football will be, when/if Germany kills 50+1 and investors will be able to maintain these cores financially.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Apparently Bild is reporting that Bayern Munich are going to sign Sandro Wagner in January.

Amused me as I remember a few years ago on here when I think he was at Darmstadt there was a poster on here (can't remember who it was) who despised him and called him every name under the sun.

Thought him regularly getting into the Germany squad was interesting and know Bayern seemingly want him as a squad striker. Didn't realise he came through there and played a few times for them in 07/08.

How have Rudy and Sule got on so far?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just had a search...it was JustFootballFan having a rant after he missed a penalty. :lol:

Blackwidow

Apparently Bild is reporting that Bayern Munich are going to sign Sandro Wagner in January.

Amused me as I remember a few years ago on here when I think he was at Darmstadt there was a poster on here (can't remember who it was) who despised him and called him every name under the sun.

Thought him regularly getting into the Germany squad was interesting and know Bayern seemingly want him as a squad striker. Didn't realise he came through there and played a few times for them in 07/08.

How have Rudy and Sule got on so far?
Süle - really good. Has a lot more match time then thought as Martinez plays midfield again and with 3 central defenders all get enough minutes. Even if I prefer Boateng for his build up and offensive contribution (his weakness 5 years ago is a big strength after 3 years with Pep) - it does not really matter which pairing of them plays.

Rudy. The midfield is packed. He has difficulties to get playing time. And it is difficult to have a balenced midfield.

Bayern needs another striker. Jupp does not want to waste Müller there especially not in March, April as he needs him fit either behind the striker or on the right wing. Wagner will get his playing time with Jupp. Both Gomez and Pizza had a lot 5 years ago.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Also, Lewandowski has repeatedly asked for a second striker. It's quite unheard of that someone asks for a sub like that at Bayern. That alone tells me he'll get enough playtime. We can't ride everything on Lewandowski.

Blackwidow

In the 1st Bundesliga from 2nd to 17th all are between 15 and 30 points - the third even is as close to the first as he is to relegation. In the 2nd Bundesliga it is 34 points for the first and 18 points for the 17th...

The picture shows the percentage of actual points to the maximum of achievable points.

Nanook

In the 1st Bundesliga from 2nd to 17th all are between 15 and 30 points - the third even is as close to the first as he is to relegation. In the 2nd Bundesliga it is 34 points for the first and 18 points for the 17th...

The picture shows the percentage of actual points to the maximum of achievable points.
In Serie B only 13 points separate 1st and 17th.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Gosh Gladbach need a goalscorer like fish need water. Another game against Leverkusen they should have put away by three goals at HT. They run into a counter and Bailey strikes again.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Strong start from Bayern. 2-3 big chances already, Dortmund hardly leave their half.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
We're the best team in the world at blowing great chances at the moment.

RooneyLegend

Dortmund is no benchmark right now, sadly.

First DFB cup goal for Boateng ever, btw.
Maybe not but a non elite club still wouldn't do to them what I'm watching.
Amazing what a great coach can do, not long in the job and all the talk of Bayern players being not so good or old is history. Just so well oiled.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Maybe not but a non elite club still wouldn't do to them what I'm watching.
Amazing what a great coach can do, not long in the job and all the talk of Bayern players being not so good or old is history. Just so well oiled.
It's not all roses, really. Yarmolenko could/should have equalised when we stopped playing after 15-20 minutes, and there have been sloppy balls from several players who can do better.