Bundesliga Gameweek 28 (COVID-19 discussion-free zone) | Featuring Dortmund v Bayern today at 17:30 UTC+1

PoTMS

Apart from Dahoud, it looks like Dortmund have been scared to shoot.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Got nothing of the ball, shoulder barge him into oblivion. Play on.

Lyricist

Meh. Dortmund weren't bad but they just couldn't create opportunities against Bayern's defence.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Kimmich is really quite a player. Extremely underrated. Definitely among the best midfielders in the world right now.

kirk buttercup

Dortmund had no cutting edge , they did play some nice football but just couldn't break down Bayerns defence which was rock solid. Bayern are a machine and will stroll the next few games .

Andersonson

Bayern deserved winners. Dortmund looked dead after 35 min. Near perfect away game from Bayern that.

That young canadian is awesome

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It's always nice to win against Dortmund, especially in Dortmund. Still, I would have preferred a different result to spice up the title race, or rather, to have a title race worth the name.

VP

8 in a row for Bayern. In many ways German fans have everything (fan ownership for a start) but in terms of the actual competition it's pretty grim

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Taking off Brandt was an absolute braindead decision, in the first half he was connecting Dortmund together and creating majority of their good plays. Sancho did absolutely nothing in return in the second half, I can understand wanting to bring him in but certainly it should've been Hazard instead.

Hummels was immense, probably the man of the match. Dortmund disappointing in the second half, seemed more concerned with not wanting to concede a second than go all out to score. Bayern just too strong, one of the best in Europe this season.

I've been saying Kimmich is a world class midfielder for a while, will be recognized as such soon if he continues like this. That goal he scored against Spurs at Spurs Stadium when Bayern just went a goal down came to mind as well, absolute boss.

cyberman

8 in a row for Bayern. In many ways German fans have everything (fan ownership for a start) but in terms of the actual competition it's pretty grim
Its why the posts that ask "Why would Sancho leave Dortmund for us" really annoys me.
Dortmund, with Sancho, has no chance of winning the league. United stands a chance with him in it

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Bayern played some very good football Today.
Will now watch leverkusen. Think they win too

RyRoc

Quality of the first half was excellent, significantly dropped in the second period although I guess to be expected a little with the lack of match fitness.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Didn't like the Brandt substitution at all: yes, he didn't play well, but Sancho offered nothing either. The way Bayern approached the second half, trying to grind out the game - Brandt would have been absolutely crucial in CM and the squad doesn't really offer an alternative to him for that role. Not having the necessary luck on Haaland's shot as well as him getting injured probably then sealed Dortmund's fate.

Some players impressed, I thought Hummels was pretty much in control of things at the back - aside from his little feck-up against Coman, which cost him a yellow. Piszczek had some important no-nonsense tackles. Dahoud seems to have found a level of consistency without the crowds that completely new for him.

For Bayern I thought that their central block, Boateng, Kimmich, Alaba and Goretzka controlled the game fairly well. Davies had some moments as well.

In general it was obvious that Bayern are just sharper on the ball, which is probably excusable given their squad is more expensive, but they were also way more effective with their pressing, which is something Dortmund's leadership should be concerned about.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's noticeable how much more actual football is being played in these matches.
Agreed, and there is so much less play-acting/making a deal of tackles. In fact, it's nice being able to see how much players clearly enjoy the game/respect opponents when the cauldron atmosphere is taken away. Would obviously rather it was there though.

Can't help but think that Dortmund-Bayern result is a bit of a kick in the teeth for the league if they were hoping to drum up more overseas support. Not sure if I'll be making time to watch much more from the Bundesliga now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't understand why people are saying Brandt didn't have a good game, he created several opportunities with his touches and passes, including the one in the first minute.

Not a lot of quality in Leverkusen's match uptil now, Havertz not really being involved.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Kimmich is an elite elite midfielder. Will be the best in the world at his position at one time I think. Would already be mentioned more outside Germany if Bayern would've done more in Europa last years. Love watching him play.

kirk buttercup

I thought Brandt was very decent especially in the first half . Not sure why they took him off. Haaland was a,bit clumsy and looked young this evening

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Its why the posts that ask "Why would Sancho leave Dortmund for us" really annoys me.
Dortmund, with Sancho, has no chance of winning the league. United stands a chance with him in it
No.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sancho needs to get out of Dortmund. They are going nowhere.
They have a really good and really young squad... why would they be going nowhere? Because Bayern dominates the Bundesliga year after year? Thats not really a criticism on Dortmund, its just testament to their dominance.

Plenty of reasons for players to like being at Dortmund or wanting to go there. They are consistently in the CL and are prime to make knockout stages regularly, they are always top 2-3 in bundesliga, they fight for the cups... No need to shit on them just because Bayern is set up to be dominant.

TheReligion

Abusive
They have a really good and really young squad... why would they be going nowhere? Because Bayern dominates the Bundesliga year after year? Thats not really a criticism on Dortmund, its just testament to their dominance.

Plenty of reasons for players to like being at Dortmund or wanting to go there. They are consistently in the CL and are prime to make knockout stages regularly, they are always top 2-3 in bundesliga, they fight for the cups... No need to shit on them just because Bayern is set up to be dominant.
Not really much of a pull that is it.

edcunited1878

Wolfsburg putting on a show against Leverkusen. Maxi Arnold has stood out to me, driving forward every chance he gets and good workrate in the middle of the pitch.