• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gonzy

We lose every week!
    We lose every weeeeek!!
    You're nothing special!
    We lose every week!

Shaw Thing

No recent match post Ronaldo have I've been so excited except the CL final. I can't way to see our new no.7 in action. Also most likely we wont have that annoying 3-5-2 formation

SecondToNone

Imagine the field day the media will have if we fail to beat Burnley, particularly considering we will have the £60 million man on the pitch. It's going to be brutal.
    I think this will be another tough game. Our forwards have to take apart that Burnley defence and show what they are made of.
    Yep, we just HAVE to win. After MK dons-game we've again been the laughing stock of football. Imagine if we fail to win on saturday.

Adcuth

Bad joke. I assume you meant when available since you left out Rojo and Shaw
    Knew they were both deffo out, wasn't sure of the fitness of the rest but both would be in otherwise

adamwest

Bit of a change to our current system. Push Jones up into a DM role, gives us an extra man in midfield but able to drop back to help out the defence. Doubt Di Maria will start and not sure if Rafa is fit but hey ho

Liking this.

Levi1

I realise people are saying it's must win, but realistically I think it's totally up in the air and it's not panic time if they don't. So many players still out injured, Rojo's permit, Di Maria just arrived.. the reality is probably not much is going to be different compared to last weekend. My hopes are not high and honestly that does not bother me. This match will not be a reflection of what is yet to come.
    All true but this kind of struggling with minor roadblocks is what gets teams relegated. If you think about it, every game has its challenges, but you have to win.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    We have it tough right now for sure, but whatever our excuses a team with the value of ours should be beating a team with the value of Burnley's. The players we will be playing will still be worth far in excess of theirs, so where's our excuse? I mean look at our available attacking options; Rooney, RvP, Di Maria, Mata... They're all players who've played important parts in beating top class teams.
    We should be beating these, even if its a slightly scrappy match (because we suck defensively). If we don't, then where are we going to start getting the points from?

baggio

I remember we lost to this dross in the opening game a few years back on Turf Moor, and that was under SAF, so probably not going to be easy :nervous:

Hope to see Di Maria, and hopefully RvP is fit (?) and starts firing, as they are the only two players i trust getting us out of this horrible run of results.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
    Staff
    Another big chunk of people predicting a 5:0 defeat!

Not gonna mock them this time though :nervous:

Levi1

Yep, we just HAVE to win. After MK dons-game we've again been the laughing stock of football. Imagine if we fail to win on saturday.
    I dont think we even realize the extent of the laughing stock we've become. Naturally, we mainly visit United sites, some speak to United fans (mostly). Especially overseas. Think of what people overseas who just have a few minutes to think about the premier league are saying. What about Bilbao supporters?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
    Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
    Supports
    Janet jazz jazz jam
    I dont think we even realize the extent of the laughing stock we've become. Naturally, we mainly visit United sites, some speak to United fans (mostly). Especially overseas. Think of what people overseas who just have a few minutes to think about the premier league are saying. What about Bilbao supporters?
    Probably not bothered? :D

JTW95

Gullible sausage
    Well I will be missing this game for a 12 hours shift. Gutted I am going to miss Di Maria's debut (potentially).

ElectroManiac

So Cleverly haven't been sold right. I guess he will play tomorrow sadly. Cleverly and Fletch again on the midfield :(

Injuries is what is killing us more right now.

I hope we play tomorrow in a 4312 than a 3412. If Cleverly and Fletcher are going to play again tomorrow hopefully is something like this.

DDG

Rafael___Jones___Evans___Blacket

Fletcher
    Cleverly__________Di Maria

Mata

RVP
    _________Rooney

I really dont know who else can play on Clev and Fletch position right now. Evans even though he didn't play well again MK our only other option there is Michael Keane as Smalling is injured and Rojo don't have the work permit.

Last edited:

Robert Terwilliger

Assuming Herrera isn't fit.

DDG
    BLACKETT JONES EVANS
    RAFAEL FLETCHER DI MARIA YOUNG
    MATA
    ROONEY RVP

This would look ridiculously stronger if we could swap Shaw for Young and Fletcher for Herrera. I have a sneaky feeling Rafael will play though.

Jacob

So Cleverly haven't been sold right. I guess he will play tomorrow sadly. Cleverly and Fletch again on the midfield :(

I hope we play tomorrow in a 4312 than a 3412. If Cleverly and Fletcher are going to play again tomorrow hopefully is something like this.

DDG

Rafael Jones Evans Blacket

Fletcher
    Cleverly Di Maria

Mata

RVP
    Rooney

I really dont know who else can play on Clev and Fletch position right now. Evans even though he didn't play well again MK our only other option there is Michael Keane as Smalling is injured and Rojo don't have the work permit.
    No way, if a player is about the get sold, he is never played. Even if he is still at the club.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
    Supports
    Karlsruher SC

DDG

Rafael Jones Evans Blacket

Fletcher
    Cleverly Di Maria

Mata

RVP
    Rooney

This formation ticks all the boxes. Rooney, Mata, RVP can all play in their positions, and one might argue that this is also Di Maria's best position. In due time replacing Blackett with Shaw, Cleverley with Herrera and Fletcher with Carrick or a new DM looks pretty good, I think.

ElectroManiac

No way, if a player is about the get sold, he is never played. Even if he is still at the club.
    I agree but Herrera, Carrick and Fellaini are all injured. Who else we have that can play CM? We can play Jones but we need him more at CB as Smalling and Rojo can't play. Our other CM is Anderson, but I prefer to play Cleverly even though he is about to be sold. Rooney could be as he has play CM before, but not sure if Van Gal wants him to play there to be honest.

Havak

Pokemon master
    We apparently have 10 injuries, so I assume those players are:

Carrick, Shaw, Herrera, Rafael, Smalling, Fellaini, Kagawa, Lingard, Lindegaard, and Johnstone. We can add Cleverley to this list who won't play (and Kagawa wouldn't have either if his move is true). So, it looks like our line-up could be:

de Gea
    Valencia Jones Evans Blackett Young
    Fletcher
    Di Maria Mata Rooney
    van Persie​

All three players behind RvP will have to drop back and support Fletcher when we don't have the ball, but it could work with only one true CM. Jones can also step into midfield for a more conventional 4231 if need be. However, we have weak links around the pitch with Fletcher being on poor form, Evans only just back from injury and having a terrible game last time out, Young not being good enough to play full back and van Persie being off the pace (and probably will be for a couple more weeks yet).

The only other thing we could do is play Anderson or Powell in midfield at the expense of Evans/Blackett to play the 4231, or having to leave out one of the four main attacking players in the 352.

Either way, I think we need to get that front four to have a go at Burnley, because it is frightening. :drool:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
    I think it'll be a 1-1 draw. A false dawn with us going one up and they'll equalise and feck all else will happen for the rest of the game.

Ralph1386

I won't be able to bear the sight of any of Cleverley, Fletcher, Valencia or Young starting. I'm sure Di Maria will start instead of one of them but that won't be enough. Any chance Januzaj can start or Rafael can come back?

Dracula

caf plane air-master
    Will be same as last week with one main change

.......jones...evans...blackett......
    Val......................................young
    ............fletcher..ADM..................
    ....................mata.........................
    ..........rvp...................roo.............

Evans will score an own goal and fletcher will get injured

GRon

I won't be able to bear the sight of any of Cleverley, Fletcher, Valencia or Young starting. I'm sure Di Maria will start instead of one of them but that won't be enough. Any chance Januzaj can start or Rafael can come back?

Clev is off. So no chance of him starting I think.

GRon

Looking at the pre match press conference, Young seems to be quite articulate unlike our captain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Angel Di Maria image Angel Di Maria 69% of 739 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions