g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne's World

Forget about it lads, Southampton and Liverpool will either finish in the top four unless Van Gaal finally fecking does something right for a change...can't even win a game away from home FFS

Such a let down of a season and I can't see it getting any better

Ringo 07

liverpool on current form are on a different level to us altogether. They will murder us at Anfield.. If they beat Southampton today which looks like it then they are obviously the red-hot favorites to finish in the top 4 with Arsenal...Arsenal can be poor away from home though but they are miles better than us too right now

We are actually starting to play well but every time a team gets a chance against our awful defense then they usually end up scoring....also we are not creating much up front where as Arsenal and Liverpool have been creating plenty of chances recently

Cina

Pretty confident Southampton are done for now in terms of top four, but Liverpool and Arsenal will likely beat us to it, considering we still have to go to Anfield.

Zoo

Feck it lets beat the Scousers to top 4 and break Stevie's heart in the FA Cup final.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Thanks Louie, you clueless moron.
Yeah bad Louie, does exactly what Caf wants and we are still shit^^

At least todays results are good for us, will be a tough fight till the end and we need to improve our away form, where we drop points in every fecking game. Still think we will make it in the end.

Spoony

The People's President
We're not not going to get much from our remaining fixtures. Newcastle, Palace, Hull away and Villa at home perhaps but the others? Difficult.

El Zoido

It's looking like we've blown it tbh. Arsenal and Liverpool are clearly much better sides than we are. Unless we magically pull some amazing form out of nowhere we're in big trouble for 4th.

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah, I think it's all gone tits up now. Another season outside the top four was just not an option and it's going to happen.

Bojan11

10 points ahead of Liverpool two months ago. People can spin it to 2 defeats in 18 or whatever. But terrible we let a 10 point gap slip to 2 now.

Getsme

At least todays results are good for us, will be a tough fight till the end and we need to improve our away form, where we drop points in every fecking game. Still think we will make it in the end.
Eh?

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read

The difference is we aren't paid to manage United. We didn't come with a huge reputation only to be shown up by Sam Allardyce, Nigel Pearson, Paul Lambert, Sean Dyche, Alan Irvine and the like. We aren't given virtually a blank cheque to sign the players we need. Everyone and their dog knew we had issues defensively yet it wasn't addressed. For the second season in a row, the new manager has neglected a weak area and we've been made to pay for it.

We aren't responsible for pointless dicking around and general stupidity. He's paid a salary, we are fans that pay him that salary and we all have a right to voice our opinion. The players have been poor but the buck stops with Van Gaal. He's just another Moyes except he has let us down with a bigger reputation.

fallengt

This place'll explode if liverpool get 4th by 1 point ahead of us at the end of the season.

Kag

It's looking like we've blown it tbh. Arsenal and Liverpool are clearly much better sides than we are. Unless we magically pull some amazing form out of nowhere we're in big trouble for 4th.
Liverpool have been dreadful today. Their form is excellent but people should keep some perspective. If our lads had defended like this lot today they'd have been hammered.

A lot of football left to play.

Woodenlung

Today's fixtures went how we probably would've wanted to.

Just typical that we couldn't get things done on our end.

Mister_Stubbs

A second season without champions league would be a disaster, the name will only carry us so far and it could be a struggle to get the top top players in.

Very worried myself.

soapythecat

Arsenal won't drop out of the top 4 now. Southampton will drop away as they, like us, are struggling to score goals (home and away for them at the moment). Liverpool really do have the bit between the teeth at the moment and I think will finish 4th.
Our away form is not good enough to get top 4, too many draws. We don't even play like a top 4 side and over the course of the season teams get their just rewards, and ours clearly isn't decent football to warrant a CL place.
Spurs will finish contest 5th with us.
Until we get a decent defence, no manager would be able to do much better.

Getsme

10 points ahead of Liverpool two months ago. People can spin it to 2 defeats in 18 or whatever. But terrible we let a 10 point gap slip to 2 now.
Remember when some fans wanted Liverpool to beat Arsenal as they were more or less out of the chase for fourth. Fun times.

Cina

Liverpool winning is way worse than Southampton winning, not sure how people can say today's results were good. It's been a fecking disastrous weekend.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Arsenal won't drop out of the top 4 now. Southampton will drop away as they, like us, are struggling to score goals (home and away for them at the moment). Liverpool really do have the bit between the teeth at the moment and I think will finish 4th.
Our away form is not good enough to get top 4, too many draws. We don't even play like a top 4 side and over the course of the season teams get their just rewards, and ours clearly isn't decent football to warrant a CL place.
Spurs will finish contest 5th with us.
Until we get a decent defence, no manager would be able to do much better.
Sorry, but people were saying Liverpool's defence was an absolute shambles earlier in the season. Now Rodgers has them looking rock solid. Van Gaal, supposed genius that he is, should be making more of the tools at his disposal.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Liverpool have been dreadful today. Their form is excellent but people should keep some perspective. If our lads had defended like this lot today they'd have been hammered.

A lot of football left to play.
Yeah agree, they are not as shit as they were in the 1st half, still not really good at all imo. They had a lot of shit wins too in the last few weeks (today, Palace, Bolton). Same with Arsenal, who are inconsistent, they are not nailed on for Top4 by any means. In the end we have to sort out our form, that's the problem, not the other teams. If we can't win away from home we won't finish Top4.

Getsme

Tottenham dropping points, Southampton losing, still 4th, not that bad for me.
Spurs were two nil down and gained a point, Liverpool have gained eight points on us in two months, do you not think they will be able to gain the other two?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
A second season without champions league would be a disaster, the name will only carry us so far and it could be a struggle to get the top top players in.

Very worried myself.
I think we'll get top four, so I'm not worried, I just think we'll do it -- it won't be pretty, calm or enjoyable, but we'll get there.

You're right though, a second season out of the CL would be disastrous in terms of signing players and remaining competitive. Just look at Italy, we don't want to be the next AC/Inter Milan.

Getsme

Sorry, but people were saying Liverpool's defence was an absolute shambles earlier in the season. Now Rodgers has them looking rock solid. Van Gaal, supposed genius that he is, should be making more of the tools at his disposal.
It’s just excuse after excuse, defence is shit, attack is shit, midfield is shit, we need to spend another £200 million, we need to get rid of all the deadwood etc etc.

Bojan11

Liverpool kept 5 consecutive clean sheets away from home, if they don't concede in the last few minutes.

Van Gaal has blown it with his less than adventurous style.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Calling it now,

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. United/Southampton
7. United/Southampton

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Don't care what other teams are doing, but we, as a team, look incompetent and fragile, and with that, even the so-called easy games are made nightmarishly difficult and uncertain.

Our defence is bad, our strikers don't score... or move, and our midfield is like a sieve at times, and worst of all, LVG hasn't a clue how to fix it or even what his best xi is... and we're almost in March!

I think it's time to go back to that horrid 3-5-2 and try and grind out the rest of the season because we aren't cohesive or skilled enough to support any back four system.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Exactly. How many good performances have we had in those 18 games? Could probably count them on one hand. Terrible away form has cost us dear.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Spurs were two nil down and gained a point, Liverpool have gained eight points on us in two months, do you not think they will be able to gain the other two?
I still expected Spurs to win it before the game, so a draw is ok. Yeah Liverpool gained those points because we are playing like shit, especially away. If we continue like that, it doesn't matter how the other teams are doing, because most likely everyone around us will overtake our team. In the end our form needs to improve, then we can increase the gap to pool imo. Arsenal and Tottenham will drop points like they do all season and Liverpool could struggle with EL football and a lot of big games in the next weeks too.

Zoo

Van Gaal needs to wake the feck up. That's for sure.

Kag

Yeah agree, they are not as shit as they were in the 1st half, still not really good at all imo. They had a lot of shit wins too in the last few weeks (today, Palace, Bolton). Same with Arsenal, who are inconsistent, they are not nailed on for Top4 by any means. In the end we have to sort out our form, that's the problem, not the other teams. If we can't win away from home we won't finish Top4.
Exactly. It's in our hands and I'm comfortable with that. You'd think that our rivals were winning every game comfortably week after week if some of the talk on this forum was gospel.

I'm not too confident of top four right now, admittedly, primarily because we've yet to decide on a formation or first team. But I'm not going to write anything off. There will be all sorts of shocks and surprises over the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.