Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

djembatheking

Arsenal look a good shout for top 4 and our erratic form and results doesn`t look like improving so we`re banking on Liverpool , Southampton and Spurs collapsing which is unlikely all 3 will so not looking good for top 4 . I was hoping by this stage that there would be improvement in our performances and we`d have a bit of faith in the team , system and players but I just don`t see it . We`ve dropped too many silly points already and with our fixtures remaining it would be a massive turnaround to do it . feck knows how we`ll cope if we end up in the Europa , that could set us back even more .

The_Midfielder

We have played good against all the big teams.. so i wuldnt say we are donewith top 4 yet ...

Mainoldo

Arsenal look a good shout for top 4 and our erratic form and results doesn`t look like improving so we`re banking on Liverpool , Southampton and Spurs collapsing which is unlikely all 3 will so not looking good for top 4 . I was hoping by this stage that there would be improvement in our performances and we`d have a bit of faith in the team , system and players but I just don`t see it . We`ve dropped too many silly points already and with our fixtures remaining it would be a massive turnaround to do it . feck knows how we`ll cope if we end up in the Europa , that could set us back even more .
We're not relying on anyone collapse as we are above them. They are hoping on us. Both Spurs and liverpool have Europa league and it will show it's toll. Got a feeling Liverpool will draw today so this loss isn't going to be a biggie.

Fully Fledged

Mister_Stubbs

Weren't we like 12 points ahead of Pool at one stage?

Yeah top four is incredibly doubtful unless our performance pick up.

Getsme

Its fair to say that Arsenal, Liverpool and Southampton have a better chance than us for a top 4 spot.

Fully Fledged

Indeed. It's wrong on just about every level.
The only good result for us today is a draw. Any other result sees us dropping 3 points on one of our rivals. Anyone who says that Southampton aren't a rival for us this season are also wrong IMHO.

Mainoldo

Wishing and reality are two different things. We need to hope we find some form or we could get battered.
By who!? We haven't been battered all season this is not last years team, so off you guys have easily forgot (don't blame you).

Why not watch the game today both. Liverpool although one up.. Don't look that impressive. We are a hard team to beat and bloody boring to watch at that too. But don't let the slow play fool people these top teams will not be looking forward to playing us.

And yes wishing is different which is why I said 6 points and not 2.

Spoony

The People's President
The only good result for us today is a draw. Any other result sees us dropping 3 points on one of our rivals. Anyone who says that Southampton aren't a rival for us this season are also wrong IMHO.

I expect Southampton to have another poor run of results. Not that it actually matters what we think and what we want. That is unless some of us have amazing Jedi mind control powers...thus affecting the outcome of games.

But anyway, anyone but Liverpool.

Fully Fledged

I expect Southampton to have another poor run of results. Not that it actually matters what we think and what we want. That is unless some of us have amazing Jedi mind control...thus affecting the outcome of games.

But anyway, anyone but Liverpool.
Yeah With Liverpool winning at the minute things are looking like they are only going to get worse.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So is wanting Southampton to win, who are above Liverpool :wenger:
The ideal result here would be a draw, really. Although if we had to pick one of Southampton or Liverpool to win, it'd probably have to be Liverpool admittedly.

Stretford End Phil

At the moment I'd take Moyes any day of the week over the garbage we are turning out now.

Not even Bradford City.
Appreciate all this frustration mate but even with hindsight you can't want dithering Dave back. I'm not an LVG supporter, never wanted him at the club but we have to dig in. Our footy is horrible and has been since LVG arrived but our chance of a top 4 place isn't over. Things will only change with constructive criticism not recalling hindsight out of context.

Fully Fledged

Appreciate all this frustration mate but even with hindsight you can't want dithering Dave back. I'm not an LVG supporter, never wanted him at the club but we have to dig in. Our footy is horrible and has been since LVG arrived but our chance of a top 4 place isn't over. Things will only change with constructive criticism not recalling hindsight out of context.
I don't want him back what I'm trying to say is that it comes to something when his team did better in the fixtures we have played so far than LVG's team have. I want Klopp I did when SAF left and did again this summer.

Mali_Zeus

Look like dead certs now.

You do know that I chose it right? But carry on, next time try bashing the post instead of the poster.

:lol:

Errr what?

Right, shame this place is full of your kind tbh.
Seriously, I feel sorry for you if you went to trouble to quote all those posts including mine.

Stretford End Phil

I don't want him back what I'm trying to say is that it comes to something when his team did better in the fixtures we have played so far than LVG's team have. I want Klopp I did when SAF left and did again this summer.
Ok, misunderstood easily done. Agreed with you about Klopp in 2013. Now I think we need someone more like Ancelotti who is a craftsman type, rebuilding and repairing the damage done by Moyes/LVG. We need to re-engage with our culture and not impose wacky philosophies that are alien to that culture.

manutddjw

I still think we can get 4th, but the real issue is that it's not outside the realm of possibility that Liverpool or Spurs could win the Europa League. That would mean we'd need 3rd and that seems a bridge too far.

Mali_Zeus

I still think we can get 4th, but the real issue is that it's not outside the realm of possibility that Liverpool or Spurs could win the Europa League. That would mean we'd need 3rd and that seems a bridge too far.
How come?
Isnt it that winner of EL goes to CL from next season onwards?

Fully Fledged

Ok, misunderstood easily done. Agreed with you about Klopp in 2013. Now I think we need someone more like Ancelotti who is a craftsman type, rebuilding and repairing the damage done by Moyes/LVG. We need to re-engage with our culture and not impose wacky philosophies that are alien to that culture.
I would love Ancelotti but I can't see RM letting go of the coach who brought them La Decima. Klopp has had a bad season though, I don't think that makes him a bad manager just makes it easier to pries him away from Dortmund.

marlowe78

The question I keep asking myself is will we have the squad to manage playing in CL next season. At this point it doesn't look to me like we have the manpower, knowing our injury history, to manage 3 competitions (throwing out League Cup) and rotate players. The argument is that we would sign players over the summer but I think to get the right amount of depth would take maybe 2 or 3 windows at least, as we've spent the last 2 clearing players out more than signing them. In the MF, for example, we have some depth there but not enough to be playing CL and league in one week. Then there is the issue of staying in the top 4 with this kind of schedule. I'm not even getting into that.

Mali_Zeus

The question I keep asking myself is will we have the squad to manage playing in CL next season. At this point it doesn't look to me like we have the manpower, knowing our injury history, to manage 3 competitions (throwing out League Cup) and rotate players. The argument is that we would sign players over the summer but I think to get the right amount of depth would take maybe 2 or 3 windows at least, as we've spent the last 2 clearing players out more than signing them. In the MF, for example, we have some depth there but not enough to be playing CL and league in one week. Then there is the issue of staying in the top 4 with this kind of schedule. I'm not even getting into that.
I think manpower shouldnt be an issue. We have enough players and dont have to buy too many new players next season.
A lot will depend on us getting or no getting CL, I mean which players we'll buy and which we'll sell.

Stretford End Phil

I would love Ancelotti but I can't see RM letting go of the coach who brought them La Decima. Klopp has had a bad season though, I don't think that makes him a bad manager just makes it easier to pries him away from Dortmund.
Klopp's season has been strange - clubs unpicked his tactics and his players have looked dreadful in some games. I think he suffered most from post-WC blues. Since the winter break they have looked more lively. I just don't think we can experiment anymore, but matching candidates to our priorities. It should be a manager who has abilities and vision like Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.