Cüneyt Çakır

Supports
Barcelona
He's probably a Turkish fan of the referee... it would be scandalous if that's him.

Supports
Barcelona
!!!! there's a good possibility it's him :

https://twitter.com/RefereeCuneyt/status/243636377625956352

Google translate : " I do not deserve this insult to face a Penalty. You might think so, but it is not. "

https://twitter.com/RefereeCuneyt/status/243987231193329664

Translation: " Enough compliment this up. I'm not eating Rights. I'm here getting ready to Brazil 2014. I can not take this the charges. ENOUGH. "

https://twitter.com/RefereeCuneyt/status/297824377284751361

Translation: " I believe that this week I ran a nice match. "

https://twitter.com/RefereeCuneyt/status/300634191102623744

Translation: " Kayserispor 0-0 Orduspor. Had a nice match. "

and he follows Turkish teams + Ronaldo, Messi, RM, Barca and MARCA !!

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
At the end, he's made his decision. I'm sure every cnut and his dog were laughing at us when Van Persie got sent off at Barcelona for nothing, when we were giving them a game 11v11 and were favourites to go through at that stage.

He got it horribly wrong tonight imo, shit happens. Hopefully he doesn't start getting death threats or shit like that, it would just reflect badly on your club.
I have 3 good friends who are Arse fans. I made a point of comiserating them and meaning it. That one was 10 times worse than tonight and such a big prize should never be deciding by some idiotic decisions like these.

Supports
Barcelona
May be I'm overreacting and funny as it may sound, I think someone needs to investigate this.. Pass it to the media ?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It has to be fake.
His last tweet 5 days ago translates to "I'm leaving twitter, I don't deserve all this abuse" (Something to do with being shite in turkey I think), so there's a very good chance it's a real account.

Supports
Barcelona
ok this shit has to be investigated ..am serious.

should be reported to the FA to investigate it with the Turkish counterparts? Media would be a bad option.

gza the genius

The most frustrating part of the whole thing was how long he took to give Nani the card. In general I think red cards in a situation like that are given fairly quickly. The fact that he took his time and thought about it and waited until Nani stood up to give the red is what stunned me the most. Taking his time and waiting for Nani to get up (coupled with the fact that it very clearly didn't deserve a red) had me completely convinced it was just going to be a yellow.

M160RA

What a fecking moron. Only an absolutely incompetent idiot would think that deserved a red card. I hope he never referees a high profile game ever again.

Sam

The most frustrating part of the whole thing was how long he took to give Nani the card. In general I think red cards in a situation like that are given fairly quickly. The fact that he took his time and thought about it and waited until Nani stood up to give the red is what stunned me the most. Taking his time and waiting for Nani to get up (coupled with the fact that it very clearly didn't deserve a red) had me completely convinced it was just going to be a yellow.
I wonder if that time between the incident, and Nani getting up, actually worked against us. In a sense that as the ref waited and went over the incident in his own head, he saw it as worse then it actually was?

Just a though.

M160RA

Maybe this is just a knee-jerk reaction, but perhaps goal-line technology isn't the only thing the game needs. Maybe referees or the fourth match official should be forced to review a video of the incident before showing a straight red.

Revan

Assumptionman
The cnut is going to ref the final this year. UEFA likes to do this kind of stuff.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Maybe this is just a knee-jerk reaction, but perhaps goal-line technology isn't the only thing the game needs. Maybe referees or the fourth match official should be forced to review a video of the incident before showing a straight red.
They reviewed the goal we conceded against Newcastle. Clowns can't even consult themselves on doubtful decisions. Even the 4th official said he didn't know what happened.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, don't they do this in the NBA and NFL aswell? It baffles me that the biggest sport in the world still is behind on this.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Two appeals per half per team should be introduced, as in cricket and tennis. The fourth official could study the video and make a fair decision based on the evidence. However, the instructions to the fourth official would be to go with the ref's decision in case of doubt so this travesty would still stand. However, it might make refs think before making headline grabbing decisions.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
There's been a few controversies in the CL the last years, but this surely has to be one of the worst incidences in "international" football involving a referee since that outrageous match between South Korea and Spain in the 2002 WC?

I don't know what to think about this guy... Real fan? Corrupt? Clinically insane? Rule book fanatic? (ie. insane).

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Reaction to the sending-off of Manchester United winger Nani against Real Madrid

Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan: "The manager is not in a state to talk to the referee about the decision. I think it speaks volumes I am here (in the post-match news conference) speaking now and not the manager of this fantastic football club. The decision seemed very harsh, possibly incredible at that moment in the game."

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso: "It was a difficult decision to take from the referee, but we have seen in many previous games that it can be harder playing against 10 men."

Everton manager David Moyes: "I think tonight Sir Alex Ferguson will be rightly as angry as he has ever been. The decision changed the game. I am looking from a manager's point of view and Manchester United have had a hard time tonight. I think they have a right to surround the referee. The decision was poor and it has cost them the biggest prize in football."

Former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane: "In my career I would think 'did I give the referee a chance to send me off?' If I did, then it is out of my hands. I think that is the right decision. It is irrelevant if Nani meant to do it. He should be aware of the players around him. Does he think that he will have 20 yards to himself?" :houllier:

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher: "(The decision was) harsh to say the least but in fairness the Real player did Nani no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly not the ribs as the guy has gone down and shown. I can't reiterate enough that he (Nani) is watching the ball over his shoulder, there was no malice in him. At worst it was a yellow for dangerous play, but if I was refereeing that game I cannot see what stretch of the imagination where I would have sent him off for that."

Former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Dietmar Hamann: "He wants to bring it down, I think no Real Madrid player expected it, nobody was claiming a red card. He didn't see him he didn't mean to do it, it's not even a booking."

Former Bayern Munich and Aston Villa striker Alan McInally: "It's a disgrace, a shocking decision, that has put Manchester United out of the Champions League."

And from the realm of Twitter:

Former England captain Gary Lineker: "The referee has absolutely killed Manchester United!"

Marseille midfielder Joey Barton: "Refs ruined what was a great European cup tie. Not sure what he seen to make that a straight red?"

Spanish journalist Guillem Balague: "Manchester United was superior without even the ball, dominated without possession. Ref had a superior influence that he should."

Sportingintelligence: "Won't do ref any favours on Twitter he follows only 2 non-Turkish clubs; 1 is Real Madrid, other Barca. Also follows Spanish tourism board!" :rolleyes:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Keano takes every chance to slag us off, sad and bitter twisted little man, proving for me to be a legend you don't only have to have been a great player...

Look at OGS

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lets not overlook the fact that Arbeloa is a cheating over-reacting cnut.
He rolled around but I don't think even he wanted Nani to be sent off. It was a bit a of a play-acting and overreaction that is quite popular these days even among our players to be fair. The fact that no Madrid player came to the referee to ask for the card clearly shows that even they weren't expecting this, because it simply doesn't happen.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
He rolled around but I don't think even he wanted Nani to be sent off. It was a bit a of a play-acting and overreaction that is quite popular these days even among our players to be fair. The fact that no Madrid player came to the referee to ask for the card clearly shows that even they weren't expecting this, because it simply doesn't happen.
To be fair, Ramos was soon on referee's ears.

Cevno

Turkish person here.

I have been watching Cakir for years, hundres of games I watched. I think he is simply a bad referee. Zero leniency. People in Turkey always complain that he stops games too often, always make big calls, scenes so that after the games, he became more highlighted than the game.

And I was sure yesterday when he was talking with Van Persie, I knew he was gonna show red card and shock everybody, including Real players. None of real players thought it was coming, nobody was arguing with referee. Because that's him. On the contrary, if Real players were arguing, calling for a card heavily, then he would not give it. He is always like that, I saw countless times.
He always try to get the attention. If he was in this forum, he would be trolling.

I do not think he is bribed or malevolent person. He just makes big, risky calls to show that he is not intimated by the home crowd. So then average, football incompetent people say "wow this referee is brave, he must be good".

I think this position is between yellow and none.

Turkish fan's comments on Cakir.

Cevno

Turkish FA president is apparently good friends with Mourinho and Real.:annoyed:

wonnie

Turkish fan's comments on Cakir.
If a fecking armchair fan can pick up on Cakir's obscenely absurd refereeing habits, then surely UEFA should be on it?

I think even the Madrid players were stunned. Didn't think it would be possible for Ozil's eyes to become larger, but even his eyes were spherical once he saw the red.

TheRisingSun

Banned
When Ramos isn't surroundin the referee waving imaginary cards, it must be innocuous.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
At one point I was thinking "he's just going to speak to him, no yellow, result," then he goes and produces a fecking red?

LR7

If a fecking armchair fan can pick up on Cakir's obscenely absurd refereeing habits, then surely UEFA should be on it?

I think even the Madrid players were stunned. Didn't think it would be possible for Ozil's eyes to become larger, but even his eyes were spherical once he saw the red.
:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looking at the pictures he has of himself on his twitter account it would also appear he is a nazi.