Cüneyt Çakır

StuCol

Chimp
If, as it seems, intent is irrelevant in this decision, why was Reals hero goalkeeper not sent off for punching Vidic in the head?

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Tbf Perez was probably rogering him up his arsecrack in the Man Utd bogs last night as a thank you gift

Blackwidow

He has been the referee at the 2:2 Real vs Dortmund. There he did not give a goal for Real that was not offside...

Has been the referee in the 0:2 from Villarreal against Bayern last season.

And the 2:2 from Barcelona vs. Chelsea.

And the 1:1 Rubin Kazan vs. Barcelona...

Does not look like he prefers the Spanish teams...

StuCol

Chimp
He has been the referee at the 2:2 Real vs Dortmund. There he did not give a goal for Real that was not offside...

Has been the referee in the 0:2 from Villarreal against Bayern last season.

And the 2:2 from Barcelona vs. Chelsea.

And the 1:1 Rubin Kazan vs. Barcelona...

Does not look like he prefers the Spanish teams...
I think going down that route is a bit petty. It was just a poor decision that ruined the night.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't think he has an agenda or anything remotely sinister like that.

I just think he probably cracked one off last night over all the attention he recieved. He wanted all eyes on him.

Blackwidow

I think going down that route is a bit petty. It was just a poor decision that ruined the night.
It might be a poor decision - but it was your team that did not react in the right way. Very often it is a lot more difficult to play against 10 than 11 - or to see it from the other side - easier to play with ten.

Your team yesterday just did not show the mentality that they really want to win this thing.

Aint gota Kalou

It might be a poor decision - but it was your team that did not react in the right way. Very often it is a lot more difficult to play against 10 than 11 - or to see it from the other side - easier to play with ten.

Your team yesterday just did not show the mentality that they really want to win this thing.
That's just a crappy cliche, it's never easier to play with 10 players.

There is really not much we can do, I was actually fairly confident we could still go through as long as one of their players didn't score a worldie...but Modric did. After that we needed to come out a bit more as we never would've held out until penalties.

StuCol

Chimp

We weren't playing just anyone, we were playing Real Madrid. It's hard enough 11 v 11. And what I saw was as positive a reaction from the players as could be expected. Are you actually for real? What did you want them to be doing in reaction? It's almost like you are trying to say being reduced to 10 against a team including Ronaldo should have been an advantage!?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Nonsense, it's always easier to play with 11 men and easier to play against 10 than 11 unless that extra man is a retard who keeps knocking the ball into his goal.

There was very little we could do. Our game plan was to let them have most of the ball and close them down when there is any danger, we executed that perfectly for 150 minutes of the tie but it wasn't possible to maintain that with 10 men. We had the mentality and a perfect plan but it was torn into pieces by that feckwit of a referee.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
If it's easier with 10 then teams would start with 10. That's one of the most dumb football clichés around.

The ref fecked up big time, but he wasn't crooked or anything like that. I he was he wouldn't have blown up for the free against Ramos when he leant on RvP in the first half.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It might be a poor decision - but it was your team that did not react in the right way. Very often it is a lot more difficult to play against 10 than 11 - or to see it from the other side - easier to play with ten..
I agree. I was was actually quite pleased when the ref sent Nani off.

IMO it was a deliberate ploy by SAF. He encouraged Nani to get sent off in order to lull Madrid into a false sense of security, and then he'd sub on Rooney and BAM sucker punch.

Obviously SAF was embarrassed that his plan back-fired and therefore didn't speak to the press after the game.

The problem might have been that Nani got sent off 5-10 minutes too early. Rooney hadn't warmed up yet and wasn't ready to come off the bench. I think Nani was hoping for a yellow card for this foul, and when Rooney was ready to get subbed on in a few minutes later he would have picked up a 2nd yellow.

Nani is off in the summer and so SAF asked him to make this sacrifice for the good of the team as a favour before he leaves.

StuCol

Chimp
I agree. I was was actually quite pleased when the ref sent Nani off.

IMO it was a deliberate ploy by SAF. He encouraged Nani to get sent off in order to lull Madrid into a false sense of security, and then he'd sub on Rooney and BAM sucker punch.

Obviously SAF was embarrassed that his plan back-fired and therefore didn't speak to the press after the game.

The problem might have been that Nani got sent off 5-10 minutes too early. Rooney hadn't warmed up yet and wasn't ready to come off the bench. I think Nani was hoping for a yellow card for this foul, and when Rooney was ready to get subbed on in a few minutes later he would have picked up a 2nd yellow.

Nani is off in the summer and so SAF asked him to make this sacrifice for the good of the team as a favour before he leaves.
:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive

You have posted crap in two threads now yet haven't bothered replying to the responses. You are starting to look like a troll.

Fergies Gum

His last tweet 5 days ago translates to "I'm leaving twitter, I don't deserve all this abuse" (Something to do with being shite in turkey I think), so there's a very good chance it's a real account.
Damien quoted a post from a Turkish newbie who posted it is forbidden for Turkish refs to have Twitter accounts, so that's another sign of it being fake.

pauldyson1uk

Well Done , easily one of the worst post I have ever seen on RedCafe.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

It was a poor decision, there's no 'might be' about it. Other than bellends being deliberately contrary, absolutely no one has said that it was the right decision.

If it was easier to play with 10 do you not think teams would just start with 10 rather than trying to get someone dismissed part way through the game? What utter bollocks.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that United didn't show a winning mentality considering they kept up the attack even with ten men. If they'd have given up they'd have either tried to sit back and keep the score down or just let Madrid batter us. On another day Vidic's header might have hit the back of the net, Rooney might have converted that volley and we might have been awarded the penalty for Ramos' foul on Evra and we'd all be sat here now talking about what amazing fighting spirit it showed.

To summarise, you're a clown.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

:lol: Yeah they clearly didn't want to win :houllier:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

What utter bollocks.

Revan

Assumptionman
A former Turkish referee who refereed in UEFA stage made some fair comments.

"Nani is looking for the ball. By the time Alvaro Arbeloa arrives, the Portuguese [Nani] doesn't even see him," he told NTVSpor.

"The action is definitely not deliberate. As his intention was to only play the ball, it should have been a yellow at the most.

"I am proud as a Turk to see Cuneyt at this stage, but he lowered his chances of a European Cup final last night [on Tuesday]."

If there is justice this should be, but I still think that he will be the ref on the final. Especially considering that Proenca, Kassai and Webb have refereed the final on last few years, and most likely they will not be eligible for this.

TheRisingSun

Banned
I don't think it was a red card - but you could certainly make an argument that having your studs that high and two feet off the ground IS dangerous. If it was a rule that was evenly applied you could certainly see the logic in that kind of thing being a serious foul. John Terry got knocked up in the League Cup final in such a way, Demba Ba had his nose broken from a similar thing last week - really, studs should not be showing above waist height in any situation. But the time to crackdown on that is not at a pivotal point of a massive Champions League game hanging on a knife-edge.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

You need to be serious. Modrics goal was a fluke. A man who scores a a few a season and who only came on because of the sending off. The other we were sloppy, but even after the sending off we had chances. We weren't hammered. Do you understand?

Revan

Assumptionman

Agree with the bolded part. Some managers were asking to be eligible starting games with 10, or even 9 players in the past, but the corrupted UEFA doesn't let this to happen.

The team yesterday was a disgrace. Did you see Giggs moments after the red card how he practically wasn't playing anymore, and asked for the fans to be quit and not support the team. Rafael and Ferdinand looked completely not interested anymore and weren't even running on the pitch. And Welbeck was the worst, he asked to be substituted cause he wasn't caring to win the Champions anymore.

Madrid were unlucky yesterday. After the referee helped us by sending Nani off, we could have crushed them if we only wanted to win the game.

StuCol

Chimp
I don't think it was a red card - but you could certainly make an argument that having your studs that high and two feet off the ground IS dangerous. If it was a rule that was evenly applied you could certainly see the logic in that kind of thing being a serious foul. John Terry got knocked up in the League Cup final in such a way, Demba Ba had his nose broken from a similar thing last week - really, studs should not be showing above waist height in any situation. But the time to crackdown on that is not at a pivotal point of a massive Champions League game hanging on a knife-edge.
Double fisting someone in the side of the head IS dangerous, but we won't see anything done about that.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Double fisting someone in the side of the head IS dangerous, but we won't see anything done about that.
I completely agree. There is no consistency. I have often seen attackers and even defenders knocked out by the keeper coming out for a punch. But having studs that high and showing with both feet off the ground can be extremely dangerous - Terry was out cold for about 20 minutes from something similar against Arsenal.

For me it's one of those that you can make a case that it's a red card by the letter of the law but not in the spirit of the game. Yellow.

TheReligion

Abusive
So why are studs okay below waist height but not just above?

Why would anyone WANT to make a case for it being dangerous though? He had no need to make that call and show a red, none whatsoever. What kind of mentality must one have to seemingly be desperate to do such a thing at any level of the game. It really is baffling.

I have seen the excessive force rule done to death today and I have seen the challenge on the news repeatedly and see nothing from it to say it could be deemed excessive in the slightest. It isn't even a challenge, Nani is trying to control the ball.

StuCol

Chimp
I completely agree. There is no consistency. I have often seen attackers and even defenders knocked out by the keeper coming out for a punch. But having studs that high and showing with both feet off the ground can be extremely dangerous - Terry was out cold for about 20 minutes from something similar against Arsenal.

For me it's one of those that you can make a case that it's a red card by the letter of the law but not in the spirit of the game. Yellow.
As I've said before, nobody to my knowledge has died from being kicked in the arm.

TheReligion

Abusive

I am not being picky here but how can you make a case in the letter of the law?

You touched on consistency and I think that is the main gripe here. Why should the rules be different domestically than in europe. Demba Ba had his nose broken with no further action taken. Arbeloa studded Evra around the top of the thigh after over running the ball, yellow card.

Whats next, sending someone off for trying a Di Canio volley or overhead kick?

TheRisingSun

Banned
So why are studs okay below waist height but not just above?

Why would anyone WANT to make a case for it being dangerous though? He had no need to make that call and show a red, none whatsoever. What kind of mentality must one have to seemingly be desperate to do such a thing at any level of the game. It really is baffling.

I have seen the excessive force rule done to death today and I have seen the challenge on the news repeatedly and see nothing from it to say it could be deemed excessive in the slightest. It isn't even a challenge, Nani is trying to control the ball.
If you went in with two feet off the ground and studs showing to try and control the ball below waist height, you would certainly be red carded.

The Newcastle defender was just trying to clear the ball last week but ended up breaking Ba's nose - it is still dangerous.

wonnie

You need to be serious. Modrics goal was a fluke. A man who scores a a few a season and who only came on because of the sending off. The other we were sloppy, but even after the sending off we had chances. We weren't hammered. Do you understand?
Modric goal a fluke? He is well capable of producing those kind of strikes on a fairly regular basis. He plays fairly deep centrally usually (and has for spurs) but yesterday he was afforded more freedom due to the numerical advantage and he duly delivered.

TheReligion

Abusive
If you went in with two feet off the ground and studs showing to try and control the ball below waist height, you would certainly be red carded.

The Newcastle defender was just trying to clear the ball last week but ended up breaking Ba's nose - it is still dangerous.
Well you naturally have two feet off the ground when jumping. Nani wasn't even making a tackle which further more casts doubt as to if the referee actually understands the rule in which he has sent him off for as it particularly states "in a tackle"

Let's have it right, it was not excessive. There was zero force behind his foot which even bent back upon connecting with Arbeloa's arm.

Big difference between that and smashing someone in the face or head in my opinion.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why do the refs have to had all this protection. Apparently Collina said that the ref was right yesterday. How on Earth he was right?

It's the same thing with that Dutch twat referee last season which awarded that second non existent penalty to Barca against Milan.

Ringo 07

To be honst I think Real Madrid are the real culprits here for bribing this ref...if it was not this ref they would have bribed any other....teh ref in the first leg wa bribed also...that was obvious as he didnt give us the advantage to play a corner that would have been a huge chance for us at the very end of the game