Callum Hudson-Odi | Contract extension signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingshe7don

With the transfer ban imposed, Chelsea will try to do minimal damage on their squad... I think only Hazard will leave and everyone else will be retained. CHO will also get more game time. Can't see him leaving... let alone to United.

Robertd0803

Chelsea would seriously want their heads examined if they considered selling such a prospect to us or anyone else in the league for that matter.

Classical Mechanic

With the transfer ban imposed, Chelsea will try to do minimal damage on their squad... I think only Hazard will leave and everyone else will be retained. CHO will also get more game time. Can't see him leaving... let alone to United.
He one year left on his contract so the transfer ban gives him even more power because if he doesn't sign up he can walk on a free whilst the ban is enforced.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not when Bayern want him. We probably have to offer double what Bayern are offering to stand a chance.

Marcelinho87

Not when Bayern want him. We probably have to offer double what Bayern are offering to stand a chance.
I dunno, our young English lads make some strange decisions when it comes to staying here rather than move abroad.

Seems to have changed for the better recently though I do admit.

davidmichael

if he's so good why don't Chelsea just play him?
Think Hudson-Odoi plays best from the left which is where Hazard plays and Hazard is one of the top 5 players in the league and by far Chelsea’s best player so hard to get regular game time.

jb8521

Having seen quite a bit of both of them over the past 3 years I wouldn't be surprised to see him becoming a better player than Sancho. I think he's more explosive, more 2 footed & more of a goalscorer than Sancho although maybe not as good in terms of playmaking.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I dunno, our young English lads make some strange decisions when it comes to staying here rather than move abroad.

Seems to have changed for the better recently though I do admit.
Picking United over Bayern isn’t a strange decision. Anyway think the decision in the summer where Odoi goes won't be just down to him. Chelsea would much prefer if he was to leave to go to Bayern over us.

marktan

Kids' nowhere close to being ready, he has a good touch, can dribble, but he's very raw even compared to Sancho. He needs to go down to a lower team on loan and get regular game time, neither Bayern or United are great moves for him. I think everyone's blinded by Sancho lighting it up for Dortmund, but how many 18 years old manage to do that at the top clubs? Very few.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
not chance of chelsea selling him to us... maybe we should offer £250m for him and hazard! (that's a joke, in case someone didn't realise)

stepic

the weird thing for me is why Bayern were/are so interested in the first place. he was barely playing for Chelsea when the rumours started circulating. are they just trying to 'do a Sancho'?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
the weird thing for me is why Bayern were/are so interested in the first place. he was barely playing for Chelsea when the rumours started circulating. are they just trying to 'do a Sancho'?
Good scouting... I imagine they were aware of him from the U17 euros

El-Manos

He one year left on his contract so the transfer ban gives him even more power because if he doesn't sign up he can walk on a free whilst the ban is enforced.
Ya they don’t really need the money though... they will probably try and convince him to stay or threaten to waste him on the bench for a year.

Classical Mechanic

He's one of the best young players in the world. He was one of the elite players in junior sides that dominated England, were elite in the Youth Champions league and were the best international side in the world in his age group.

Every single top club in the world knows who he is and would like to sign him. Bayern need players in his position but don't want to compete at the top of the market financially. There is an element of his resale value to English clubs too, it would be very high.

Many German sides are looking to exploit the upsurge in quality in English talent coupled with the lack of game time they get in the PL. They want to offer the player's somewhere to get game time and then sell the for big fees to English sides once they're developed.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Maybe they finally got the go ahead from his agent that he was willing/seeking to move/leave Chelsea?

stepic

He's one of the best young players in the world. He was one of the elite players in junior sides that dominated England, were elite in the Youth Champions league and were the best international side in the world in his age group.

Every single top club in the world knows who he is and would like to sign him. Bayern need players in his position but don't want to compete at the top of the market financially.
didn't realise he was so highly rated. makes it even more stupid that Chelsea haven't given him more of a chance. seems like he only started getting minutes after the Bayern rumours started appearing.

ValenciaRocks

I definitely can't see it happening.

If we are already in for Sancho (probably more strength to those rumours) and I don't think we will be hampering the chances of Chong and Gomes breaking into the first team by signing another young talented winger/playmaker/inside forward.

For me, Sancho fits the bill much better than CHO anyway.

But, on a side note, it is brilliant to see young English players coming through now. It seems there's a new breed of English player that has more technical ability, agility and flair.

Classical Mechanic

didn't realise he was so highly rated. makes it even more stupid that Chelsea haven't given him more of a chance. seems like he only started getting minutes after the Bayern rumours started appearing.
In fairness, he is very young, not 19 until November. Conte gave him his debut shortly after he turned 17 and used him in the PL. He was brilliant in pre-season for Chelsea but Sarri used him very little once the season started, like you say, until Bayern came knocking.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

His call up is mind boggling, how do you justify giving a NT spot to someone who hasn't started a single game in the PL is beyond me, It's also downright disrespectful to the actual Premier League starters battling it for a chance to play at a NT level.

Judas

Open to offers
His call up is mind boggling, how do you justify giving a NT spot to someone who hasn't started a single game in the PL is beyond me, It's also downright disrespectful to the actual Premier League starters battling it for a chance to play at a NT level.
Who gives a tiny feck if he performs well when he does get called up?

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
You can't punish him for his club coache's stubbornness.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
You are a typical poster with no clue about the english national team :houllier:

Gray: In bad form since months.
Sessegnon: I'm a massive fan of him but he's at the wrong club.
Lookman: Not even good enough for the U21 team because he is a idiot.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Having seen quite a bit of both of them over the past 3 years I wouldn't be surprised to see him becoming a better player than Sancho. I think he's more explosive, more 2 footed & more of a goalscorer than Sancho although maybe not as good in terms of playmaking.
From the limited viewing I’ve seen I’ve both it seems CHO has more to his game, but Sancho just seems like a really really clever player.

Like, whilst he’s pulling out nutmegs every game and bagging huge assist numbers, it’s his ability to make the right choices in the final third and general movement for a player so young that stick out.

Interesting to see how both develop.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

You can't punish him for his club coache's stubbornness.
You can't reward him for it either. In fact blaming Sarri for his lack of playtime is nonsensical, if he was far superior to the others wingers he'd be playing because it would show in every training session.

You are a typical poster with no clue about the english national team :houllier:

Gray: In bad form since months.
Sessegnon: I'm a massive fan of him but he's at the wrong club.
Lookman: Not even good enough for the U21 team because he is a idiot.
I'm French. We have more national talent than England does and Deschamps would never consider calling a player with no professional league start
Hell a player with CHO's resumee wouldn't even get in our U21 team.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
You can't reward him for it either. In fact blaming Sarri for his lack of playtime is nonsensical, if he was far superior to the others wingers he'd be playing because it would show in every training session.
I don't think you fully appreciate Sarri's stubbornness!

Status
Not open for further replies.