Can we win the league?

Sir Scott McToMinay

- What if a great pre-season, focusing on fitness levels as well as some sort of development of a style of play will make that huge of a difference?

- What if Rashford and Martial go no the next level of their ability and kick on from there?

- Spurs should really be feeling defeated by now, they just can’t win anything, it’s all too much to take for them, surely.
Their best players probably cannot wait to get the feck out of there, their manager too.

- Liverpool and City are great and all, but who knows what will happen to their consistency? Maybe City will focus on Europe and Liverpool will simply struggle and be found out tactically by plenty.

That’s the bare minimum that should be expected at this club, with so much financial power.

This has got to be 2006/2007 all over again, six years is way too long.
Remember Camp Nou, 1 9 9 9

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No, there are at least two teams that are miles ahead of us. Top 3 would be an achievement.

ArjenIsM3

Theoretically even the likes of Palace can. See Leicester. Realistically though? Not a chance in hell.

SaintMuppet

Yes it’s possible.

5 or 6 other teams might suddenly go out of existence. They might all be docked points. The entirety of their first teams may be afflicted with Achilles injuries at a preseason party etc etc

But removing ones head from the realm of fantasy it’s not going to happen. Get used to it now to avoid unnecessary disappointment.

GJNJ

There is a chance but very unlikely. Not quite a Leicester City unlikely but both Liverpool and City will be too strong and have completed squads where we will still be building our squad. Spurs will could go either way way an push the other 2 or fall back into the pack.

I just expect to an improvement in attacking pressing style simular to when Ole first took over. The players will be fitter and can last more that 70 minutes for 6 games, I'm optimistic that will happen. I think we'll also see an improvement in Fred and some of the younger players with another year's experience (especially Rashford). I also expect one of the acadamy players to have a breakthrough season, my guess would be Greenwood.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No, there are at least two teams that are miles ahead of us. Top 3 would be an achievement.
I think 4th place would be a huge achievement for Ole.
If a top class manager was in charge, then I'd say that 3rd place could be got. Jose got 2nd.
But this squad is so wretchedly bad, I think top 6 should be the realistic aim - but I hope I am proved wrong.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think 4th place would be a huge achievement for Ole.
If a top class manager was in charge, then I'd say that 3rd place could be got. Jose got 2nd.
But this squad is so wretchedly bad, I think top 6 should be the realistic aim - but I hope I am proved wrong.
Yeah, I agree. Let me qualify:
Within 10 points of the leader would be astounding, given everything.
Top 3 would be a fantastic first full season for Ole.
Top 4 would be a very good season.

Minimum aim is greatly increased consistency and clear application of a playing style and mentality.

Krisbijoy

No . Winning in patches will not help anymore when there are teams who can hit 90+ points consistently.

passing-wind

We won't win the league under Solskjaer period, unless he somehow becomes the best manager in world football (considering the three best are occupying rivals) and we suddenly end up with a team that transitions from wasteman divas to hungry winners.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can we win? Yes
Will we win? Hell Yeah

red4ever 79

Not in a hell's chance. Although I do think we have a chance at top 4 being as Chelsea will not be any stronger and Arsenal just have no money to invest basically. The other 3 are still ahead of us, and it's not because of our signings, its because we have failed to realize that the likes of Jones, Smalling, Matic, Lingard, Mata are simply not good enough. We go again though hey.

dove

:lol: The only league we can win is Europa League.

Swiss_Red89

If Daniel James is on a mission after his shirt number choice as RVP was, then Yes!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yes we can.

RedCurry

More than 5 first team players would need to step up a level. So let’s say if Martial and Rashford suddenly find 20 goals each, Pogba chips in with another 15, DDG goes back to be world class, Lindelof becomes a complete leader at the back and AWB starts marauding the wing then of course. That’s unlikely to say the least.

Canagel

No. Sanchez, Mata, Matic, Jones,Smalling, Young,Rojo , Lingard are still at the club.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I believe that on form De Gea, AWB, Shaw, Pogba, Martial and Rashford can be some of the best players in the league. I reckon Lukaku, Sanchez and Fred have another level they could easily add to their game. I reckon that Liverpool will massively struggle this year as they won't improve their squad and I reckon City will lose a lot from a depleted David Silva and a departed Vincent Kompany.

buckooo1978

- What if a great pre-season, focusing on fitness levels as well as some sort of development of a style of play will make that huge of a difference?

- What if Rashford and Martial go no the next level of their ability and kick on from there?

- Spurs should really be feeling defeated by now, they just can’t win anything, it’s all too much to take for them, surely.
Their best players probably cannot wait to get the feck out of there, their manager too.

- Liverpool and City are great and all, but who knows what will happen to their consistency? Maybe City will focus on Europe and Liverpool will simply struggle and be found out tactically by plenty.

That’s the bare minimum that should be expected at this club, with so much financial power.

This has got to be 2006/2007 all over again, six years is way too long.
Remember Camp Nou, 1 9 9 9
love the positivity but you probably need to stop taking drugs

dove

I believe that on form De Gea, AWB, Shaw, Pogba, Martial and Rashford can be some of the best players in the league. I reckon Lukaku, Sanchez and Fred have another level they could easily add to their game. I reckon that Liverpool will massively struggle this year as they won't improve their squad and I reckon City will lose a lot from a depleted David Silva and a departed Vincent Kompany.
Lots of reckoning. I reckon we will finish 6th.