Cancel Culture

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So blessed that YouTube finally got the hint that I'm not interested in Tim Pool. Though wish they'd stop bombarding me with reminders about yesterday's result.
I also seem to be getting a lot more right-wing/anti-woke stuff recently even though I'm usually watching leftist creators

Drainy

I also seem to be getting a lot more right-wing/anti-woke stuff recently even though I'm usually watching leftist creators
I'm not actually all that bothered by the political perspective of an entertainer as long as they are actually entertaining and seemingly genuine. I don't rely on any of them for my news and any stories should be taken with a pinch of salt until verified, but then you know their slant on the story so take it for what it is.

Tim Pool is like the US Sargon of Akkad (another YouTube turd that's hard to flush once he's in the algorithm)

The act of 'i'm a lefty who is disaffected because of extreme wokism' but all their logic and positions shows they are far right / conservative

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure about you but the mistake I must have made is that I saw a video where some right-winger makes an absolute fool of themselves and then you're in the algorithm.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Gary Lineker being cancelled as well.

cafecillos

The official WWF and RSPB websites also refer to it as a five-part series.

When we see all of it we'll know how much the "sixth episode" fits in with the rest or it actually feels like an epilogue or appendix of sorts. If it turns out to be a proper episode then it's more than fair to wonder why it's not part of the original TV broadcast. For now it feels like Guardian clickbait that I fell for hook, line, and sinker.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The official WWF and RSPB websites also refer to it as a five-part series.

When we see all of it we'll know how much the "sixth episode" fits in with the rest or it actually feels like an epilogue or appendix of sorts. If it turns out to be a proper episode then it's more than fair to wonder why it's not part of the original TV broadcast. For now it feels like Guardian clickbait that I fell for hook, line, and sinker.
It’s annoying when a paper like the Guardian lowers itself to that level. At a time when there’s such an obvious valid reason to attack the Tories for their influence on the BBC it really doesn’t help matters to distract with something like this.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It’s annoying when a paper like the Guardian lowers itself to that level. At a time when there’s such an obvious valid reason to attack the Tories for their influence on the BBC it really doesn’t help matters to distract with something like this.
BBC’s own programmes have described it as a six part series before.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Countryfile have changed the amount of episodes the Show has on their article. Suspect many other articles have done the same.

I’m not sure if there was a mystery 6th episode or not, but can’t say I trust the BBC much.

Wolverine

The veracity of the guardian story aside, the bigger story is how the right get a relatively free ride despite being active purveyors of censorship and cancel culture.

always have been. Look at book banning, controversies about critical race theories, trying to ban and marginalise criticism/boycott of israel.

And the more recent trend of hyperbolic stories of “wokeism” in society which is the new PC gone mad pejorative/moral panic.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The veracity of the guardian story aside, the bigger story is how the right get a relatively free ride despite being active purveyors of censorship and cancel culture.

always have been. Look at book banning, controversies about critical race theories, trying to ban and marginalise criticism/boycott of israel.

And the more recent trend of hyperbolic stories of “wokeism” in society which is the new PC gone mad pejorative/moral panic.
Yeah, the power dynamic in cancel culture is pretty clear. One side does seem to have more teeth than the other. And it’s a crazy irony that they’re the ones who spend the most time complaining about it.

WPMUFC

When the editor asks for your headshot and the writer provides an image that looks like they stumbled out of the nightclub at 4am. The state of her. Considering the crap she's paid to write, shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Jesus fecking christ, an absolutely seminal book on class distinction, racism, & high school life as seen through the lens of big time high school football is now banned in a county in Iowa. I couldn't recommend this book strongly enough to anyone, it's that good of a read (& it spawned a decent movie & an absolutely sublime television series)...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Jesus fecking christ, an absolutely seminal book on class distinction, racism, & high school life as seen through the lens of big time high school football is now banned in a county in Iowa. I couldn't recommend this book strongly enough to anyone, it's that good of a read (& it spawned a decent movie & an absolutely sublime television series)...

Love the book and movie. Not seen the tv show. What particularly got this banned? I don’t remember anything particularly contentious.