g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Carabao Cup 2022/23

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
But if the referee won't give it, when will VAR? they just say the evidence isn't strong enough which is a blatent lie. The lad had his foot across mctominay and tripped him :lol:

I just don't understand it. They've essentially said "we don't like VAR and the ref is final"
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you (sorry if that wasn't totally clear - @Pexbo put it a lot better than I did).

To me, the actual VAR system is fine, but the on-field ref and the bloke in the VAR room are both usually cowards using each other as a crutch.

Wayne's World

Newcastle starting to look like a team who's slowing down at last this season. Far too many average players to keep their form up

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you (sorry if that wasn't totally clear - @Pexbo put it a lot better than I did).

To me, the actual VAR system is fine, but the on-field ref and the bloke in the VAR room are both usually cowards using each other as a crutch.
For me they're purposely using it in a dogshit way so people get fed up of it and try to kick it out.

Referees hate it as it 'undermines' them and they can't be the stars of the show.

cyberman

Newcastle starting to look like a team who's slowing down at last this season. Far too many average players to keep their form up
Their shit house tactics is disguising this a bit. Unless their ungodly defensive record continues for the rest of the season then they’re in trouble when they need to score two to win or even equalise.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
For me they're purposely using it in a dogshit way so people get fed up of it and try to kick it out.

Referees hate it as it 'undermines' them and they can't be the stars of the show.
Yeah, there's at the very least a touch of that, especially with the changes made by Webb as you say. Who wouldn't like having less scrutiny at their job?

In that sense it's kind of mad that the refs themselves are basically in charge of it.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Newcastle goals have dried up. Almiron having a purple patch carried them. They remain the toughest team to score against though.

EDIT: right on time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rashford is huge every prick is copying his celebration now

OldSchoolManc

Haven't watched the game except for a few instances in the first half, once where he looked feckin rapid. How is his decision making and overall game?
He’s had some very skilful touches and almost made chances against a tight defence.
Looks a handful

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Newcastle goals have dried up. Almiron having a purple patch carried them. They remain the toughest team to score against though.

EDIT: right on time.
Well that was daft

bosskeano

looks like newcastle almost have gone 442 to put more goal scorers on the pitch