Also supports Rangers
City really have dropped a level. As ETH says , nothing last forever

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You can’t just ignore blackface. It was blatantly racist
I don’t condone blackface, and yes historically it was a race thing because the joke was about the colour of skin - but this was impersonating a footballer and mocking because he was perceived to be rubbish. The pineapple and black skin were just distinguishable features of the protagonist. Surely intent and context are important in such cases?

JuriM

City really have dropped a level. As ETH says , nothing last forever
Grealish, Philips etc weren't good enough signings to keep City's standards. They need to put up another 150m in the summer to replace them.

Chairman Steve

You just know they’re turning up against us on the weekend though :nervous:

I didn’t see the game but I was shocked at the match stats to see not a single shot on target from City. I was expecting 30 shots, 15 on target, and an act of god stopping City scoring at all.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don’t condone blackface, and yes historically it was a race thing because the joke was about the colour of skin - but this was impersonating a footballer and mocking because he was perceived to be rubbish. The pineapple and black skin were just distinguishable features of the protagonist. Surely intent and context are important in such cases?
It was in the 90s not the 60s.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The same Newcastle who came to Old Trafford this season, booting the ball out of play, taking 30 seconds to take a goal kick. Literally everyone of their players had a stint at being injured to allow the physio to come on and run the clock down. Never seen a team so anti football in my life. We have nothing to fear from them. We will play for a win, not a draw.
That was early in the season, they've improved a lot since then. Haven't lost away at a top 4 side yet, they won't be easy.

Irwin99

Would rather avoid Newcastle in a semi final but we really should be winning this trophy now.

Al-T

Nope dont think he can.
I believe he can. Whilst Loan players can't play against their parent club in the Premier League, it's permitted in domestic cup competitions.

Unless United put a clause prohibiting it in his loan deal.

Wheato

Wow, City and wolves out then. Massive chance for some silverware.

God I hate how much I used to take this tinpot tin pot for granted.
Still a tin pot trophy, but once you get in the habit of winning them, the momentum takes you off on a wave of success.

cyberman

The context was those skits brought incredible racial abuse and pressure to Lee and his family. Baddiel and Skinner knew this and doubled down every episode anyway.
There is no innocence of the time with this and even Baddiel has acknowledged this in regards to his own prejudices.

Gazza

As I recall, it wasn't like a one-off, spur of the moment bit of shtick from Baddiel that he misjudged; from what I know, Jason Lee was a consistent figure of fun on the show to the extent it could easily be described as bullying. It was pervasive through most of the show's existence I believe.

Rustyspider13

This is a huge chance. It seems Ten Hag has arrived with the luck that all good managers need. We were one header away from beating Newcastle and while the other two will give it their all we should still comfortably beat them. A trophy in his first season will solidify the effectiveness of his methods and might just inspire the players to end the season on a high.

prateik

The same Newcastle who came to Old Trafford this season, booting the ball out of play, taking 30 seconds to take a goal kick. Literally everyone of their players had a stint at being injured to allow the physio to come on and run the clock down. Never seen a team so anti football in my life. We have nothing to fear from them. We will play for a win, not a draw.
Any what was the result? We dropped points at home.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As I recall, it wasn't like a one-off, spur of the moment bit of shtick from Baddiel that he misjudged; from what I know, Jason Lee was a consistent figure of fun on the show to the extent it could easily be described as bullying. It was pervasive through most of the show's existence I believe.
I think that was mainly due to how comically shit he was though, wasn’t it? A bit like mocking Maguire now.

Obviously doesn’t excuse the racial elements of the pisstaking though. The fact he took literally decades to apologise for blackface, and only did so because he had his arm twisted, was poor to say the least.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It certainly was. It was definitely every bit as much bullying as the mockery Luke Chadwick received from They think it’s all over.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Blackface is not about racism?

What is happening in this thread?
In this instance it was joke about Jason Lee's pineapple hair cut and he's black, as a joke it wouldn't have worked as well hence the blackface, it might appear (and probably does) racist but the intent wasn't

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What has all this stuff got to do with the games tonight for frig sake?