Carabao Cup 2023/2024

Big Andy

Bloke
My adopted home town Wrexham tonight against the mighty pie eaters. Should be a good game.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wigan have been shit, outplayed for big chunks of that half. Palmer is a very good player for that level, more technically gifted than I thought.

Carrick's Boro beat Huddersfield away 3-2.

League Two Gillingham 1-0 up at HT against a strong-ish So'ton side.

Salford 2-1 up at HT at Preston.

Stockport have a 1-0 lead at Sheff Wed.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Some interesting results:

Gillingham 3-1 Southampton
Hull 1-2 Doncaster
Millwall 0-4 Reading
Preston 2(2)-2(4) Salford
Sunderland 1(3)-1(5) Crewe
Stevenage
1(4)-1(3) Watford
Wrexham 0(4)-0(2) Wigan

Big Andy

Bloke
He might have missed the last penalty, but Theolonius Asgard is a cracking name

GregM40

Hilarious that Chelsea are in the second round.

Bolton vs Boro a decent tie, replay of the 2004 final.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Yes mate!!!!!!

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
People can knock ten Hag but one thing to be commended for is going full strength and aiming to win every game and competition. That's why we ended up playing more games than any other team last season. We just need the depth to cope with the demand.

I'll never understand why these teams do mass rotations for cup games? Spurs have no Europe this season so there's no excuse why Postecoglu has made the changes that he has. If they go out, it's one less chance of silverware and just disrupts that winning vibe!

I just don't get it.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
People can knock ten Hag but one thing to be commended for is going full strength and aiming to win every game and competition. That's why we ended up playing more games than any other team last season. We just need the depth to cope with the demand.

I'll never understand why these teams do mass rotations for cup games? Spurs have no Europe this season so there's no excuse why Postecoglu has made the changes that he has. If they go out, it's one less chance of silverware and just disrupts that winning vibe!

I just don't get it.
It's bizarre. A League Cup would do wonders for Spurs now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I just don't get it.
Honestly me either, there was no need for so many changes. Especially away to a decent PL team, only one change at half time, I think Ange has said you got into this mess, you get us out of it.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs

I just don't get it.
Yeah I'm not thrilled by it either. Only excuse I can make for him is that he's still new to a lot of this squad so needs to look at all his options before making a decision on them.

1-1 now, hopefully we can nick the win and not repeat the same mistake next time.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Wolves 5-0 win over Blackpool tonight. That’s the way to do it.
Crystal Palace also did well; 4-2 over Plymouth after being 2–0 down. That lad Mateta’s hat trick was pretty good.

Nickelodeon

All penalties were to Forster’s left and don’t think he dived correctly for a single one. Very strange to see.