Carabao Cup 2023/2024

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Beto already looks like Pele compared to the rest of their clowns, so they've got that going for them.
He's a portuguese striker so it's better to refrain the excitement. Can't remember the last time there was a good impactful one (I'm not counting Ronaldo, he's the exception to the rule).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Everton deserve to be playing Championship football at Bramley-Moore Dock. Disgraceful excuse for a club. Hope they go down.

Plastic Evra

He's a portuguese striker so it's better to refrain the excitement. Can't remember the last time there was a good impactful one (I'm not counting Ronaldo, he's the exception to the rule).
I want to say the Azores Eagle but he wasn't a big presence in NT.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I want to say the Azores Eagle but he wasn't a big presence in NT.
Pauleta was a good one for PSG and Bordeaux . Not a bad shout. My point still stands though. I wouldn't buy any portuguese striker. We don't have any tradition developing those.

Plastic Evra

Pauleta was a good one for PSG and Bordeaux . Not a bad shout. My point still stands though. I wouldn't buy any portuguese striker. We don't have any tradition developing those.
That was already the wisdom (one would say a meme today) back then that Portugal was historically weak at that position, yeah.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
1-1 Pele.

Had an assist thieved from him before as well where they gave a throw in when the ball wasn't even half out of play.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Beto has been really good aside from the funny mis-kick. Actually attacks with purpose.

V.O.

Anyone still crying over us selling James Garner?
Doesn't help that Dyche has stuck him out on the right side and told him to do his best impersonation of David Beckham.

There's probably a way to use him, but that ain't it. :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
From what I remember the majority of the fanbase was for the transfer of Garner to Everton.
Plus, it was one of those rare occasions where we received a decent fee.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ah well Doncaster put up a fight but not even Dyche managing Everton saved them.

V.O.

They managed it, then.

Really, it's only been the difference in fitness levels that has ended up seeing them through. Donny were done after 65-70 mins.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I've said repeatedly that we have a mid-table Championship standard first team and a mid-table Premier League standard youth set-up.

A very nice showing from our youngsters today. Excellent professionalism, and they took their opportunity to impress Tomasson, grow in confidence and and hopefully gain plenty more first team action this season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Beto changed the game really. We were still shite but he added the brute attacking force we needed to get a result.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Carabao Cup Round Three draw will take place live on Sky Sports following the conclusion of the Round Two tie between Doncaster Rovers and Everton on Wednesday 30 August.

Sky Sports’ Emma Saunders will host the draw alongside former Sheffield Wednesday manager Darren Moore and recently retired England international, Izzy Christiansen.

Current Cup holders Manchester United, Premier League champions Manchester City and nine-time Cup winners Liverpool enter at this stage, as do last season’s Cup runners-up Newcastle United, Arsenal, Brighton & Hove Albion, Aston Villa and West Ham United.

The draw will not be regionalised, with any of the 32 Clubs in Round Three being able to be drawn against any participating team.

The ball numbers for the Carabao Cup Round Three draw are as follows:

1 AFC Bournemouth
2 Arsenal
3 Aston Villa
4 Bradford City
5 Brentford
6 Brighton and Hove Albion
7 Cardiff City
8 Crystal Palace
9 Exeter City
10 Fulham
11 Ipswich Town
12 Leicester City
13 Liverpool
14 Luton Town
15 Manchester City
16 Manchester United
17 Mansfield Town
18 Middlesbrough
19 Norwich City
20 Newcastle United
21 Peterborough United
22 Port Vale
23 Salford City
24 Stoke City
25 Sutton United
26 West Ham United
27 Wolverhampton Wanderers
28 Chelsea or AFC Wimbledon
29 Doncaster Rovers or Everton
30 Harrogate Town or Blackburn Rovers
31 Nottingham Forest or Burnley
32 Sheffield United or Lincoln City

Round Three ties will take place week commencing 25 September.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Back-to-back home games against Palace at the end of September.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Question.. is there scope for Saturdays game v Palace to be moved time due to this?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Lots of big PL clashes.

Villa v Everton
Chelsea v Brighton
Newcastle v City
Brentford v Arsenal