Carlo Ancelotti | Real Madrid manager

Leg-End

Rumoured to happening in the blink of an eye in terms of the usual dragged out crap though.

*Moyes eyes bulge with imagined riches*

Last edited:

ti vu

Ancelotti to Madrid must have been in the works for a good week or so.

They'll end up with Nuno Santo, Howe, or Roberto Martinez again i reckon.

Dont think they'll attract Conte, ten Haag or that ilk
I feel like Ancelotti has been in contact with Real Madrid for as long as the talk of sacking Zidane (earlier this past season).

Not sure what Real Madrid plan here. Ancelotti is also the type that extract thing out of veteran, experienced players. He's not the type to rebuild, develop young players. Real Madrid needs a rebuild, or at least a period for their younger players to develop to their high standard.

mu4c_20le

They think he's giving up on them

Fecking unbelievable! Never thought he would just give up. He wasn't the man for the job anyway because nobody who could throw in the towel like this when things were getting rough could ever truly have been bothered or giving it all like someone like Moyes or Alex Ferguson would have. Thrives on pressure my aa...
Confirmed he’s gone
So disappointed in him.
I supported him all the way like many others but I’m afraid the world is full of bull sh1tters and cheats
He joins another scum lack of class club. Swim with the sharks you get eaten.
Nothing surprises me in football any more though
Has complete "respect" for everyone involved with Everton? F off you gobsh*te

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Surprised Everton fans are pissed tbh. Madrid have done them a favour.

Varun

Staff
Why sign Ancelotti if you're likely to need a rebuild? If Perez is going to pull cash out of his ass and spend big, why not just keep Zidane? Weird shit.

el3mel

Regardless of their opinion on him, I think it's safe to feel pissed as it came out of nowhere. Pretty sure even if those of them who wanted him out didn't expect him to jump out of the ship this soon. Last I checked on their forum they were expecting him to stay for at least one more season.

Varun

Staff
Regardless of their opinion on him, I think it's safe to feel pissed as it came out of nowhere. Pretty sure even if those of them who wanted him out didn't expect him to jump out of the ship this soon. Last I checked on their forum they were expecting him to stay for at least one more season.
Yeah, they're kidding themselves though. It's Real Madrid.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it’s for different reasons. Some are gutted because of the name/quality of the manager, some because they genuinely think he is the only chance we have of top 4 and some because it’s out of the blue. The future/this summer is going to be a bit nervy.

FatTails

They should give it to Carragher. Clearly intelligent, knows the club, is a fan, and seems really good at identifying tactical problems anytime I’ve watched him, which can’t be any different than what a manager doeslol

Carl

It's hardly "jumping ship" when being offered to go to Real Madrid from Everton. Its like going to Waitrose from Aldi, a Holiday Inn to The Plaza.

No one turns down a Ferrari because they got given a Kia 12 months ago, do they?

Idxomer

well they rarely end up hiring for the long term do they so I dont fully get your point. Everyone is surely surprised at the speed this was done? Only saw links this morning and done by the evening.
They didn't really have many options, Conte is too confrontational and Allegri didn't want to wait for them.

Getting Ancelotti from Everton is easy but going back to him doesn't make much sense for a team in transition.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Blimey, that happened fast. When was the last time an appointment went through that quickly?

Carl

I think it’s for different reasons. Some are gutted because of the name/quality of the manager, some because they genuinely think he is the only chance we have of top 4 and some because it’s out of the blue. The future/this summer is going to be a bit nervy.
You came 10th though. Honestly I'm surprised every Everton fan isn't delighted. Granted the board still need to get it right, but still a great opportunity to step forward.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure this will be a very successful move... Their squad is getting really old and they've been getting by with experience (but not winning things either). Ramos likely to go and 35, Varane strong chance to go, Modric 35, Kroos 31, Benzema 33, Casemiro 29 and declined a lot from his peak seasons not, not really any attacking talent to write home about after Benzema either. Actually if you take out those last few remaining vets from their great team, what do they have? Now signed Alaba for big money who is turning 29 soon too. They need a big rebuild, the average age of their team is really old and it's not going to be easy to replace so many big personalities. Can see a similar few years like the few years before they signed Ronaldo from us in 09. No chance for Ancelotti to do much IMO.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You came 10th though. Honestly I'm surprised every Everton fan isn't delighted. Granted the board still need to get it right, but still a great opportunity to step forward.
59 points is usually good enough to get you 6th/7th in the league so it's been far more competitive this year but I do agree that 10th isn't good enough. I think some, as am I, are worried that the managerial market is a bit eh currently.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's hardly "jumping ship" when being offered to go to Real Madrid from Everton. Its like going to Waitrose from Aldi, a Holiday Inn to The Plaza.

No one turns down a Ferrari because they got given a Kia 12 months ago, do they?
You should, a Ferrari is a lot more expensive to maitain between gas and insurance. Also you better hope that nothing happens to it in terms of engine or body work. Keep your Kia or sell the Ferrari and purchase a nice Kia.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
You should, a Ferrari is a lot more expensive to maitain between gas and insurance. Also you better hope that nothing happens to it in terms of engine or body work. Keep your Kia or sell the Ferrari and purchase a nice Kia.
Cannot sell the Ferrari if you turned it down first though :D

Carl

You would still take the Ferrari, sell it and buy a VW. Either way, you're not still rolling in the Kia.

(I have a Cee'd, btw :lol: )

Hoboman

59 points is usually good enough to get you 6th/7th in the league so it's been far more competitive this year but I do agree that 10th isn't good enough. I think some, as am I, are worried that the managerial market is a bit eh currently.
Funnily enough, your squad seems like a very good fit for Conte

tomaldinho1

"A man who drives a Kia is a man at ease with himself, a man who trades a Kia for a Ferrari has small dick energy" - Aristotle circa 2021

Moriarty

That sort of thinking doesn't enter into the minds of Premiership players and managers.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Actually I disagree. In fact there are plenty of brilliant upcoming managers who would be a bit of revelation and hope you appoint one like that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Cannot sell the Ferrari if you turned it down first though :D
The "or" is if you take the Ferrari, smartass. ;)

You would still take the Ferrari, sell it and buy a VW. Either way, you're not still rolling in the Kia.

(I have a Cee'd, btw :lol: )
I don't know Kia has nice warranties and some look nice. Now if we were talking about a Renault then yeah, you take the Ferrari and deal with potential issues later. And Everton do look like a Renault Twingo.