View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Dannn411

As I have maintained since the moment he joined, he needs someone right alongside him if you want to get the very best out of him given his age and his limitations. He is not a great passer and can't control tempo of games. He was surrounded with two of the best ever passers and controllers at Real Madrid which meant he could focus on his strengths.

Amrabat would be such a huge signing if we can get it done. That's the exact type of player that Casemiro needs alongside.

Eric_the_Red99

He's a slow starter, it's evident from last season. Takes him about 5 matches in a row to gain full match fitness.
The trouble is when he has to take those 5 matches several times a season due to suspensions. Hopefully that is less of an issue next season. You could argue that he was unlucky with his red cards, but he also did a lot of pointless, silly fouls that got him booked.

Orion.

With the Saudis paying silly money for mercenaries, I’d be letting them know that this fella is available for a daft fee.

Another silly signing because of his name rather than suitability to the league and squad. Amrabat benches him IMO, and the money generated could be used to sign Lavia.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
With the Saudis paying silly money for mercenaries, I’d be letting them know that this fella is available for a daft fee.

Another silly signing because of his name rather than suitability to the league and squad. Amrabat benches him IMO, and the money generated could be used to sign Lavia.
Is there any evidence Amrabat is more dynamic than Casemiro? I would be extremely surprised if Amrabat is anything more than a backup.

Werewolf

It's quite remarkable how, for some of you guys, a player is only as good as his last game. Just pure, unadulterated black and white thinking all the way.

Marwood

Oh is Casemiro shit now? Cool cool.
No but he is a heavy set, one paced, 31 year old CM who showed signs last season of agw getting to him.

Makes a lot of sense to mindful of that and have somebody else ready if he does drop off.

Stadjer

I think that Casemiro being a very important part of reaching top 4 was also a reason for buying him. Half this forum was in a state of deep depression last season when Casemiro was suspended during the period when we played Arsenal. People claimed that without Casemiro there would be no title challenge... gives an indication how important he was last season.

Rockets Redglare

Are you on crack?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We need mid season Casemiro rather than the declining version we often saw if we are going to be successful this season.

red.knight

Looking at the size of Casemiro in preseason training is concerning, he looks at least a stone overweight and now has more chins than a Chinese telephone directory. I maybe wrong but he hasn't quite been the same player since that red card.

Kag

Looking at the size of Casemiro in preseason training is concerning, he looks at least a stone overweight and now has more chins than a Chinese telephone directory. I maybe wrong but he hasn't quite been the same player since that red card.
He isn’t remotely overweight. Pure nonsense.

RuudTom83

Pre-season and half the squad is on the deadwood list ;)

Casemiro just takes a few games to get up to speed. His first 60 min spell will help his fitness for sure.

Real Name

Its as if some were adamant he was on downard slope and every time he has a bad game they take it as a proof although he could play next 5 games great. Seeing what they want to see and want to be right about something on the internet.

El Jefe

As I have maintained since the moment he joined, he needs someone right alongside him if you want to get the very best out of him given his age and his limitations. He is not a great passer and can't control tempo of games. He was surrounded with two of the best ever passers and controllers at Real Madrid which meant he could focus on his strengths.

Amrabat would be such a huge signing if we can get it done. That's the exact type of player that Casemiro needs alongside.
He's a weird one because he is capable of incredible passes that Scholes will be proud of but his is very inefficient and that's what makes a great passer.

As you've said he absolutely needs to be played alongside a press resistant high pass completion rate passer.

I do like that he's a bit more expansive with us than at Madrid but we need to strike a balance. He shouldn't be given the freedom to make as many risky passes as he does.

poleglass red

He simply cannot play with Eriksen, the lack of mobility between the pair means we get over run in midfield too easily. I applaud ETH for starting Mainoo last night, unfortunately he got injured early on. Casemiro needs to hit this season running, he took a while to settle last season then was excellent then struggled down the home straight, plus throw in games missed via suspension. We can't have another season of that, not when we are trying to take the next step and show improvement. In games v good teams such as Real, he needs someone alongside him to help with the defensive side, but also trying to dictate games, his passing is so inconsistent. Normally pre season, looking so much of the pace, you wouldn't worry too much, but he looked just like the player that finished last season. Let's see who else we bring in to our midfield, because going into this season with what we have won't work v the best teams.

Rockets Redglare

He’s got fecking visible abs, how skinny do footballers have to be?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Nonsense.

Betson

Body shape wise he is not looking too bad at all , looks a bit lethargic alright at times but we have to remember it is preseason , these lads are getting the legs run off them every day in between matches , only natural they are going to look tired and even slow at times while in the middle of intense physical conditioning programs.

M Bison

Supports
York City
The overweight comments are beyond stupid. I was nervous when we brought him in due to age and our previous performance with players of that ilk but he showed last season what a class act he is and how important he is to the team.

He’ll be managing his own pre season and fitness, he’s not going to kill himself in a nothing game. Anyone who’s played to any reasonable level and has experience knows pre season games serve a purpose, not everyone is Martinez snapping into tackles irrespective of the game!

The United

I don't know if Cas is a slow starter in general. But bringing up the point of having slow starters ( from any amount of breaks - red cards and injuries) is that they are not exactly useful as a key player in this league, especially if we want to challenge for the title.

Pronewbie

Peep
I don't know if Cas is a slow starter in general. But bringing up the point of having slow starters ( from any amount of breaks - red cards and injuries) is that they are not exactly useful as a key player in this league, especially if we want to challenge for the title.
That's why it's a team sport. There's also the streaky archetype. Rooney, Rashford etc. No one's perfect.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nonsense.

Bear in mind that’s some very flattering lighting with all the shadows and also with a pump. I look like that the morning after a night on the town, in bright light, and I’ve barely worked out in a year. He’d be the smallest guy in most commercial gyms. There’s nothing impressive there. Not for a superhero.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bear in mind that’s some very flattering lighting with all the shadows and also with a pump. I look like that the morning after a night on the town, in bright light, and I’ve barely worked out in a year. He’d be the smallest guy in most commercial gyms. There’s nothing impressive there. Not for a superhero.
:lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol:

jesperjaap

Deary me

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not sure what that 30 minutes was from him, like he was intent on just getting an assist. Punting it long every touch he got. Horrible performance. Been a shit pre season. Not especially worried as he doesn't play like that usually and might just try things during pre season because it's not a serious match, but he needs to sharpen up quick.